Ivan Rakitic!!! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Two guys mentionned Rakitic more of a striker or a forward and cant play mid, what are you on?

Its better to comment when you know or watched him, he IS an allround midfielder. Schooled to play at the sides and can be a box to box player, but he is orignally a typical creative playmaker/AM.
If your refering to me, I know he is a midfielder, I only said I'd like to see him play more in the middle on the right with croatia, while now, he seems be played as advanced winger...which position we will probably not use at Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
i can imagine Giovinco as AML and Rakitič as AMR at juve. Both young and extremly talented. Just look at NT of Croatia. Plenty of decent players or even WC (Modrič...) and he earned himself a starting position. Unbelievable.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i can imagine Giovinco as AML and Rakitič as AMR at juve. Both young and extremly talented. Just look at NT of Croatia. Plenty of decent players or even WC (Modrič...) and he earned himself a starting position. Unbelievable.
that's what i would want to see... and we DO need a sub for camo. Don't know if marchionni gets the job done. The more i think about it, the more I like this rakitic idea... too bad it's most probably not going to happen. even less probable after his good performances at the euro...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we are intrested in bringing him as AM or LM then I think we could get VDV who is better if its for the RM then he will be benched as Camoranesi will start

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
We should wait on Rakitic. His first year at Schalke was nothing special, and for 12m we can get other players. His time will come...
that's not the right thing to do imo. I mean he's 20 years old, and his price won't ever drop again for the next 10 years (probably). Rakitic is the typical kind of player you could gamble on. His 1st year at schalke was maybe not that stunning, but it was far from bad (in 29 games, 3 goals, 10 assists, and i believe he never played the full 90 minutes. very often coming off the bench in ~70st minute).
But i agree that we're surely not in a position where we can just buy random players. First of all, we should very precisely look where this guy wants to play, and where his strengths are. I think the only position we could use him is as AMR, as a sub for camo. The fact that he's versatile is useful here, because we have marchionni and giovinco coming up in similar positions.

Either way, his age is his big plus. If we bought him now, we'd be sure to profit out of him (one way or the other, either by developing the next Camo, or the other, by selling him afterwards if he doesn't succeed). Waiting for next year would be the wrong thing to do, because then we'll have the usual suspects (chelsea, madrid, inter, ...) to compete with...

It's all a question of risk-taking, and if we have those 15mio left for him. at the end, i think he will NOT be sold by schalke (at least not for 12mio) and then, we have other spots to cover first, and our budget is limited. I'd doubt that we sign both alonso and rakitic. That would make +30mio euros only for our midfield... seems exaggerated when we have our problems in our defensive row

Mar 14, 2004
Why? Because I was fan of Hajduk? Let me tell you something, in that time only purgers (množina od purger na engleskom) were fans of Dinamo.

HAHA,again,now I doubt you're even from Bosnia....... one of the oldest BBB suppport groups comes from Kutina. Group od BBB Vinkovci even founded the name BBB as I recall. In fact,in the time of ex-Yugoslavia,majority of Slavonia was supporting Dinamo as only true CROATIAN club in Yugoslavia. Not to mention groups from Ogulin,Otočac,Petrinja & Sisak......

So again,you talk pure and clean BS......

Mar 14, 2004
that's not the right thing to do imo. I mean he's 20 years old, and his price won't ever drop again for the next 10 years (probably). Rakitic is the typical kind of player you could gamble on. His 1st year at schalke was maybe not that stunning, but it was far from bad (in 29 games, 3 goals, 10 assists, and i believe he never played the full 90 minutes. very often coming off the bench in ~70st minute).
But i agree that we're surely not in a position where we can just buy random players. First of all, we should very precisely look where this guy wants to play, and where his strengths are. I think the only position we could use him is as AMR, as a sub for camo. The fact that he's versatile is useful here, because we have marchionni and giovinco coming up in similar positions.

Either way, his age is his big plus. If we bought him now, we'd be sure to profit out of him (one way or the other, either by developing the next Camo, or the other, by selling him afterwards if he doesn't succeed). Waiting for next year would be the wrong thing to do, because then we'll have the usual suspects (chelsea, madrid, inter, ...) to compete with...

It's all a question of risk-taking, and if we have those 15mio left for him. at the end, i think he will NOT be sold by schalke (at least not for 12mio) and then, we have other spots to cover first, and our budget is limited. I'd doubt that we sign both alonso and rakitic. That would make +30mio euros only for our midfield... seems exaggerated when we have our problems in our defensive row
An I only that doesn't sees problems in defence?

We have 3 natural leftbacks....Chielinni,Molinaro,De Ceglie,4 CB: Legro,Stendardo,Andrade,Melberg and 2/3 rightbacks: Grygera,Zebina and Sali....

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seriously now Cruello? DONT see a problem at defence? Did you even read the names you rambled up?

We should wait on Rakitic. His first year at Schalke was nothing special, and for 12m we can get other players. His time will come...
Anderson did NOTHING much at Porto, played very few games, but still showed he is a big talent. And he was bought nontheless for 25m euro. Rakitic has done much more in Schalke (he has been quite vital for them and assisted quite a bit) and played CL, NT and a big league, even if he isnt the finished article, he is DEFENITELY someone to buy now before its too late. Thats how you get young stars, not wait around all day and miss them all.

12m for him is nothing at all.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Imagine our future mid with Giovinco as LM Rakitic as RM and maybe VDV as AM it`s a mouth watering mid maybe too attacking and too unrealistic a bit

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
An I only that doesn't sees problems in defence?

We have 3 natural leftbacks....Chielinni,Molinaro,De Ceglie,4 CB: Legro,Stendardo,Andrade,Melberg and 2/3 rightbacks: Grygera,Zebina and Sali....
Chiellini is a CB! he plays LB only in case of emergency
Molinaro... well you saw this season didn't you?
De Ceglie may be strong, but may be the next criscito also
Legro had a decent season, but can he repeat it? (the season before was way worse)
Stendardo will go back to lazio
Andrade may as well not recover again
Mellberg was pretty disappointing for sweden if you ask me. slow as hell
grygera and zebina are fine. not top-class, but good enough.
Sali is more of a RM

Don't get me wrong, we have a decent line-up. But do you want to put molinaro against someone like cristiano ronaldo? In CB i think we're covered (chiellini - Andrade/Mellberg/Legro should do this), RB is 'okay' but LB needs a fix imo. It all depends on de ceglie, but out of experience i'd say you need a more mature, a more experienced defender.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Chiellini is a CB! he plays LB only in case of emergency
Molinaro... well you saw this season didn't you?
De Ceglie may be strong, but may be the next criscito also
Legro had a decent season, but can he repeat it? (the season before was way worse)
Stendardo will go back to lazio
Andrade may as well not recover again
Mellberg was pretty disappointing for sweden if you ask me. slow as hell
grygera and zebina are fine. not top-class, but good enough.
Sali is more of a RM

Don't get me wrong, we have a decent line-up. But do you want to put molinaro against someone like cristiano ronaldo? In CB i think we're covered (chiellini - Andrade/Mellberg/Legro should do this), RB is 'okay' but LB needs a fix imo. It all depends on de ceglie, but out of experience i'd say you need a more mature, a more experienced defender.
Grosso :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)