Ivan Rakitic!!! (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2004
Well,If 20 year old hot prospect,with experience playing il Bundesliga,Quarter finals of CL,national team as well in this Euro and all that not as a sideshow,rather a starter...is not worth of that money? Who's da idiot? You or football clubs and scouts that recommend those silly players? :)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Well,If 20 year old hot prospect,with experience playing il Bundesliga,Quarter finals of CL,national team as well in this Euro and all that not as a sideshow,rather a starter...is not worth of that money? Who's da idiot? You or football clubs and scouts that recommend those silly players? :)
The same football scouts that recommended Xabi Alonso instead of Arteta and Muntari?

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Juventus heeft in de strijd om de handtekening van Ivan Rakitić (foto, rechts) concurrentie gekregen van Chelsea. De Londenaren zijn op het EK onder de indruk geraakt van de Kroaat. De middenvelder van Schalke 04 moet ongeveer twaalf miljoen euro kosten en wordt in Turijn gezien als de ideale opvolger van Pavel Nedved. (Diverse Britse tabloids)

It says that also Chelsea wants to sign this kid. His price is like 12m. Juve sees him as the best option to replace Pavel Nedved (Some British tabloids)

EDIT:
I've also heard that Juve and Arsenal are interested in siging Turkish sensation Arda. I don't know if its true though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Read the first post in this topic and cry. It was just a year ago :
I did, I havent noticed him being overpriced or any specific sums?

The rumours so far to both Juve and Chelsea are 100% hot air, but nontheless he should be in our radar for sure unless the strong rumours of last year were bogus too.

Whatever the case, hopefully we are really looking at him, and get him. There are very few players you can watch in first glance and INSTANTLY like and see their talent, but he is one of them, since his first Schalke game.

Mar 14, 2004
Are you on Chelsea forums right now?

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1670725&postcount=127

It seems that our scouts also recommended Rakitic.
But Chelsea's too.....and this ain't "RAKITIC IS JUVENTUS PLAYER" thread,rather Rakitic "IS A TARGET",and for many clubs I suppose.

Tough,I would like him to go to Chelsea. Things could be crowded here with him and Giovincio.... and as now,Rakitic is more complete and established player,Seba needs playing time....no go.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Question: isn't Rakitic is an SS rather than a winger !! So why people here r arguing that he'll take giovinco's place (gio will be our left winger and rakitic can replace alex in the future) though i don't think that this deal ever gonna happen.......

Mar 14, 2004
Question: isn't Rakitic is an SS rather than a winger !! So why people here r arguing that he'll take giovinco's place (gio will be our left winger and rakitic can replace alex in the future) though i don't think that this deal ever gonna happen.......

nope,Rakitic can play anywhere. He was midfielder and right winger in 3 man attack that Slomka put out in Schalke. In Basel he was attacking MF,In Croatia he is left winger tending tu cut in middle to provide space for Pranjic and his crossing. Reviewing the game against Poland now and he has a great first touch.....

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i saw him on the right side pretty often at schalke. Man, if he could play RM (the way Camo does atm) i'd go nuts for him. We need someone to replace camo some time, and i don't see who could do that job, because camo plays very offensive. I don't know if rakitic maybe is too much of a striker to play RM. But his versatility is impressive. Too bad this deal is very likely NOT to happen... there's no reason for schalke to sell, he's worth way more than 20 mio to them...

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Rakitic played pretty good games for Croatia, I'd like to see him more played as midfielder..preferable right...

I like the croation midfield, but not really sure yet just how deep Rakitic's influence is.

Jul 15, 2006
:D
Rakitic is da shit, the only thing he hasn't got going for him is speed but everything else is...top notch. Whoever has seen games against Germany and Poland knows this, this kid is gonna be huge. 20 years of age and kicking ass at his first Euro.
Yep, similarly to Deco he might not be the fastest but, hugely makes up for that with technical skill.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I really don't see how buying a box-to-box midfielder is going to effect Giovinco. Imo this would be a brilliant alternative to Xabi Alonso or even if we get Xabi, Rakitic can cover both flanks and in the middle.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Two guys mentionned Rakitic more of a striker or a forward and cant play mid, what are you on?

Its better to comment when you know or watched him, he IS an allround midfielder. Schooled to play at the sides and can be a box to box player, but he is orignally a typical creative playmaker/AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)