Ivan Rakitic!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
We have a bunch of young players eager to play for the first team, give them a chance and when it come to buying we need to buy a proven name not some anonymous.

OP
Fellas

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    No he isent a big name, but Chelsea was after him to, his trainer in Basel compare him to Lampard, he is the youngest u-21 player in Sweich :D.
    He is good with both foot and are good to score goals, he has a nice shoot, and is tecnical so why not.
    Give him a summercamp and then loan hin to Genoa or something..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Ivan Rakitić (born March 10, 1988 in Möhlin) is a young Swiss-Croatian footballer who as of 2006 plays for FC Basel in the Swiss Super League. He plays as a midfielder.

Rakitić is signed with Basel until the 2008 season. He has previously competed with the Swiss under-17 national football team. He has until 2009 (when he turns 21) or sooner to decide whether to become eligible for the Swiss national team or the Croatian national team.

Rakitić is also eligible to play for Bosnia and Herzegovina. His mother is from Žepče, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Rakitić was part of Basel's 2006 UEFA Cup run to the competition's quarter-finals.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I remember when we had a player called Ivan Ergic. He was a central midfielder and he had Serbian nd Australian nationality. We also bought him from Basel and he was supposed to be a big prospect. He played for Primavera and was loaned to some smaller clubs but he never fulfilled his potential and eventually ended up back in Basel.

I´m against this kind of signings unless he´s a wonderkid. We already have a perfect Primavera squad and I would like to try Giovinco a bit. He seems as a technically gifted player and if Venitucci and Bianco got ther chance I don´t see why Giovinco shouldn´t be tryed as he is probably the most proimising Primavera player together with Lanzafame, Maniero and Venitucci.

Maybe we´ll see Giovinco in last few matches when/if we secure promotion.... :agree:

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
    if this was an brazilian overated young player everybody would be screaming get him we need young players but this time everbody are talking no we got enough young players do you know what you want???? a young player is always a gamble.

Mar 30, 2006
    if this was an brazilian overated young player everybody would be screaming get him we need young players but this time everbody are talking no we got enough young players do you know what you want???? a young player is always a gamble.
    yeah .. if his name was Rakiticaldhino or something he would be playing at Barca I bet

but there are alot of generalizations made about players based on where they come from. If he is good we should sign him. It does not mean we will ignor our current youth teamers.

as for Giovincio I too think we should give him some games at the end of the season once we have won the league or secured promotion or whatever. That way we can see what he got, give him (and other youth teamers more experience) and also maby give our first teamers, DP, Nedved, Trez, Camo, Buffon an extended holiday (allowing them to be well rested and happy when they come back next season in the hunt for Inter)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I know what all of you want to say but I'm always sceptical about new "ronaldo, ronaldinho, maradonna" etc. cuz every year we have 20 players who are gonna be the "new one" and they turns crap. I'm not sayin that Rakitic is crap I'm saying I see no point in signing a young unproven player with the risk of adaptation in Italy and loaning ours good young players to other clubs. We have at least 3-4 potential players and they all gonna probably leave us.

On other hand we are might be a pretty disillusioned with our young players tru potential and to see are they really that good we should play them more often when'if we win promotion earlier.

P.S. The real positive thing I really admire to our board is they have more faith in youths than our previous board had.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)