Italy's Pre-Euro2004 Campaign (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    FootballItalia

Polish test for Azzurri?
    Saturday 18 October, 2003

It is reported that the two November friendlies for the Italy squad will be against Poland and the Czech Republic.

The Azzurri will be able to test new faces during the break in Serie A duty, as they have already qualified for the Euro 2004 tournament.

At first it was believed that England and Libya would be their opponents, but latest reports suggest Eastern European tests are more likely.

An agreement with the Polish Federation is in place to play in Warsaw on November 12.

Three days later Giovanni Trapattoni’s side would fly back to Italy in order to face the Czech Republic.

The side led by Juventus star Pavel Nedved qualified ahead of Holland in their Group for the summer tournament in Portugal.

Meanwhile, Trap has just returned from his trip to Portugal in order to choose the best base camp for the Championships.

It is believed that the Italy squad will be based in Lisbon, although Porto is another option.
    Why Poland? I'd rather a trip to England, or Spain, who were probably other options. Anyways, I wonder if Trapattoni will select Del Piero for these friendlies...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Good idea to play a tough and compact team like the Czech Rep. :thumb:
    its gonna be an awesome game and a great test.

Glad to here the NT is playing in Poland too...Maybe Vit and Martin can attend the game :cool:

no offense to Poland, but it's a good chance to test new players and some recently out of favor players like:
    Tacchi, Maresca, Pirlo, Gattuso, Montella, Ambrosini, Zaccardo, maybe even give Bonera a chance with the big guys.

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Why Poland? I'd rather a trip to England, or Spain, who were probably other options. Anyways, I wonder if Trapattoni will select Del Piero for these friendlies...

We did offer England a game next month in Rome. They declined the offer and chose to play Denmark instead.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    Yup, I was thinking the same thing Gray. They're obviously scared :p:D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    Yea, I was thinking along the same lines. Montella's first goal was class BTW :thumb:

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    Italy set up friendly tests

The Italian Football Federation have confirmed that the Azzurri will play two friendlies in November.

Having qualified for the European Championships, Italy will face Poland and Romania next month.

Giovanni Trapattoni’s men will play Poland in Warsaw on Wednesday 12 November before flying back to Italy.

They will then challenge Romania on Sunday 16 November at Ancona’s compact Stadio Del Conero.

from Football Italia

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    Well, I haven't heard anything like that, but maybe it's a good thing that we're not playing any of the 'favourites' for the tournament in friendlies. We would end up jinxing ourselves by thrashing them before the tourney and then losing in the actual thing. Save the fury for Portugal fellas.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Well, I haven't heard anything like that, but maybe it's a good thing that we're not playing any of the 'favourites' for the tournament in friendlies. We would end up jinxing ourselves by thrashing them before the tourney and then losing in the actual thing. Save the fury for Portugal fellas.
    hey i dont want Italy to play Libya(my country)they may end up thrashing them 10-0 or something.mercy Azurri mercy

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Glad to here the NT is playing in Poland too...Maybe Vit and Martin can attend the game :cool:
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Sure, cause I live really close by.. :groan:
    :LOL::angel:

I wish I could go, but unfortunately I cant miss my classes then and few tests I have in the middle of November, so no match on the stadium for me this time :sigh:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    @Fred: It would be great for gli Azzurri to face Libya! Del Piero would catch up to Roby Baggio in terms of NT goals! :extatic::D

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
    Jun 6, 2003
    italy will play spain and portugallo right before the euro2004

but i still know the last friendly we play againts norway right before euro2000 we lost 1-0 againts norway and i was like ppffff man italy doesent have a "kans" lol doesent know how to spell that, but then the euro 2000 begins and we won all our 3groupmatches so friendly isent really saying ho is the best

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    @Fred: It would be great for gli Azzurri to face Libya! Del Piero would catch up to Roby Baggio in terms of NT goals! :extatic::D
    dah damn you :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)