Italy vs Europe (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Pretty good, though it's been posted before. The thing is, every nation in Europe could make a similar one - we're about as uniform as an Israeli parliment.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:howler: Indeed :D

For instance, in Holland it's a good custom great female friends with three kisses (needless to say I take full advantage of that one :D) and male friends with a short hug.

Things like these differ all over the Continent. Sometimes minor changes, sometimes bigger but it's never EXACTLY the same.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
For instance, in Holland it's a good custom great female friends with three kisses (needless to say I take full advantage of that one :D) and male friends with a short hug.
Why are there no hot Dutch women around here? :( Any sign of Electronics internships near you are there, Erik?;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yes actually. I ran into a Portuguese Mechanics student who studies in at the Electronics University of Delft (suburb of The Hague) the other day. We were on the train, he was practising Dutch, I complemented on his skills, we got into a conversation, you know how it goes.

If you're serious about that, I could look up some info. I mean, exchange programmes are the best. So far I've done one (went to the UK) and I have two more coming. One of them I'll spend in Italy (near Napels) and the other one I have yet to decide! :strong:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Seriously, it's a bit late to look into it this year, though thanks for the offer.

Actually, it only occured to me because I had a telephone interview for a year-long internship in Germany this afternoon.

When are you going to Napoli?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm hoping January but my supervisor said he might schedule me for September (not good, I want to celebrate Christmas at home and plus, Spring is the best time to be abroad. Was in the UK from January-July too). It's a six month exchange programme.

I'll find out 9 April when the planning machine at uni is done and all students have been rewarded their places.

Germany eh? Nice! I have friends who filed for Germany. How likely is that?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'll find out 9 April when the planning machine at uni is done and all students have been rewarded their places.
Good luck. Do tell us when it's all settled.

Germany eh? Nice! I have friends who filed for Germany. How likely is that?
It's not out of the question, though I haven't a clue what kind of competition I have. My CV looks like it's tailored for the job (without any tailoring, bizzarely!), though I only got a pass in second year, which will count against me.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Good luck. Do tell us when it's all settled.
Will do!

It's not out of the question, though I haven't a clue what kind of competition I have. My CV looks like it's tailored for the job (without any tailoring, bizzarely!), though I only got a pass in second year, which will count against me.
But you got the pass in the end, that combined with a solid CV should get you through it!! Best of luck there, let me know!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Thanks Erik. Will do. I should know if I made the second round by the end of the week.

Oh, could you correct the spelling in this thread title please? :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It contains an error? :confused::D

Very well. I don't usually do this as I'm not always fond of people telling me I made a spelling error either but once requested I suppose I have to do my moderator's duty :sigh:;)

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    but the question is : do italians really behave like that ?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    They do actually. At leas the getting in line part is true. I experienced that when I wanted to buy a ticket at the ticket shop for the match Parma-Juve. My god, still don't know how I managed to get out of that one alive and WITH a ticket! :dazed:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    They do actually. At leas the getting in line part is true. I experienced that when I wanted to buy a ticket at the ticket shop for the match Parma-Juve. My god, still don't know how I managed to get out of that one alive and WITH a ticket! :dazed:
    Took a leaf out of your neighbours' book and dug a trench around the kiosk? ;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    i can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!

all around me i see italians,i hear italian music,i see italian stuff like this,i hear about othr ppl traveling to italy,i see models in front of duomo,and right now!!!i mean THIS SECOND.....i am watching a serie and the girl says:he is traveling to milano tomorrow.... :fero::fero::fero::fero::fero::fero::fero::fero:

I WANT TO GO BACK TO ITALY!! :fero::fero:

anyway,back on topic....

the video was soooooo cool and it reminded me most of greeve rather than italy.

and the 2 things i can disagree 100% is about the pedestrians crossing-i haven't seen ppl driving better in my whole life!!
    and second,about the bus.
    everytime i was waiting the bus,it was JUST ON TIME!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)