Italy vs Czech Rep (4 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
Both aspects of that sentence. Cassano pulled out is a pretty big shock considering his ego but replaced by Delvecchio? My word.
true he does have an ego as the size of he olympico..man!! he somtimes sees himself as Roma ray of ligt..

well thye could have replaced him with a better player but which team is willing to give up another forward..i doubt inzaghi would even be choosen or like maybe micoli..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
Both aspects of that sentence. Cassano pulled out is a pretty big shock considering his ego but replaced by Delvecchio? My word.

(pause)...what does his ego have to do with him getting pulled out? is there something im not getting here? a play on words perhaps? a pun of some kind? its got to do with the "pulling out" doesnt it?

i dunno.

about shorty delvecchio- trap has a special place in his heart for delvecchio. he used to get called up even when he was a sub at roma.

why was he pulled out?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
(pause)...what does his ego have to do with him getting pulled out? is there something im not getting here? a play on words perhaps? a pun of some kind? its got to do with the "pulling out" doesnt it?

i dunno.
Dig a little deeper, I'm sure you can find something.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
He was pulled by roma cause he has a slight knee and thigh injury... no strange reason
thanks paul. i thought he had a bruised ego. thats an injury in cassano's case. hell its an injury in totti's case too.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
thanks paul. i thought he had a bruised ego. thats an injury in cassano's case. hell its an injury in totti's case too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would have liked to have seen Fabio Bazzani get a call up. I feel that he deserves one. If he keeps up this pace, he may get one in June, when it really matters.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    The squad is ok, but can be better. Bettarini? Is he really good enough? Corradi? What has he done lately? Why not call up Bazzani who has been on fire. No Gattuso? Big mistake if you ask me. Not many non-Milan fans like him, but he's a good player. Very hardworking, has great stamina, and has improved his technical game this season. Volpi isn't a bad selection. I'd leave him in. Finally, with Cassano injured Trap chose to replace him with Delvecchio. Wth?! Ahead of Di Vaio and Miccoli? Only in Trap's mind dammit! Anyways, I guess it's a blessing in disguise that only three Juventini have been picked. I'm sure that Gigi, Legro and DP will enjoy the outing, just as long as they don't get injured. FORZA ITALIA! AZZURRI PER SEMPRE!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    Why do I have a strange feeling that Trap is gonna snub DP in Portugal? Sources tell me that Cassano was set to start ahead of Alex against the Czechs, but then he got injured. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well fact is that Trap is a Totti lover and seeing as Cassano plays excellent in duo with Totti, one could argue Cassano is a safe bet.

Del Piero has the potential to be much better but he has to work hard from now if he's going to play himself to Portugal ahead of Cassano who's been great this season so far.

Pained me to write that last alinea. :sigh:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    Anyways, this should be the team to face the Czechs on Wednesday:

Buffon
    Panucci Nesta Ferrari Pancaro
    Perrotta Barone
    Fiore Totti Del Piero
    Vieri

Seeing that Cannavaro isn't there, DP will wear the captain's armband from the start. Forza Ale!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    I hope Dp gets the armband but, will totti not get it?

this is gonna be a great match italy and he Czech Republic are my two fav. teams other than ireland (who play brazil wednesday, which will be great).

i'd like it to be 5-4 to italy (but i toldo does nets and not buffon)

(del piero 5 and nedved 4 :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)