Italy-Stadium projects and developments (2 Viewers)

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #122
    Private investment/bank loans.

I guess that much of the success of it depends on them gaining promotion and staying in Serie A for a couple of years to pay back the cost of the stadium. Hellas Verona do have good attendance, they have an average of 14 140 in Serie B, which is 4k more than Chievo, which is in A.

Hellas is by far the most supported club in the city and I think that they'll be able to fill the 30k of the new stadium week in week out.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Private investment/bank loans.

I guess that much of the success of it depends on them gaining promotion and staying in Serie A for a couple of years to pay back the cost of the stadium. Hellas Verona do have good attendance, they have an average of 14 140 in Serie B, which is 4k more than Chievo, which is in A.

Hellas is by far the most supported club in the city and I think that they'll be able to fill the 30k of the new stadium week in week out.
    €400m is still a fucking lot of money for any team especially for a 30,000 seater. Our stadium cost like €100m-120m.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    remember the cost of wembley :p

we did a very good deal with our stadium

if hellas want to stick their head in their as and accept this ridicul price, wel ....

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #127
    €400m is still a fucking lot of money for any team especially for a 30,000 seater. Our stadium cost like €100m-120m.
    Our stadium would have cost approximately two or three times as much if we had not put rods to hold the roof. They are making a stadium with a very nice design with a retractable roof and very fancy options.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Our stadium would have cost approximately two or three times as much if we had not put rods to hold the roof. They are making a stadium with a very nice design with a retractable roof and very fancy options.
    how are they financially capabale ?

if they can do this, why shouldnt inter and milan be able ?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    Yep, and the project has just been approved by the mayor recently. I don't now how it will cost 400M, it's a massive cost. They'll have a retractable roof like Shalke's though.

They are currently second in Serie B and are in a good position to gain promotion to Serie A for next season. That may help their project.
    even with the retractable roof it's still a very big cost. I have been looking into Veltins Arena as Milan's project for a new stadium is based relatively closely on that one, and 10 years ago it costed 200 mil to build with roughly 60K capacity. And it's a very fancy stadium - retractable roof, the pitch slides in and out so it can be used for other events like concerts, motor-bike shows, etc.

Verona won't need more than a 40K stadium and with the recession and everything one would think the price of building a stadium would have stayed the same if not gone down even.

The only explanation that comes to mind is if Verona are planning building a business/shopping area and a park or something, in addition to the stadium, so maybe side-projects like that are driving the cost up.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    how are they financially capabale ?

if they can do this, why shouldnt inter and milan be able ?
    my guess is the city of Verona will help out a lot with the covering the cost as the project would probably include a lot of improvements/benefits for them too, not just the club.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #131
    even with the retractable roof it's still a very big cost. I have been looking into Veltins Arena as Milan's project for a new stadium is based relatively closely on that one, and 10 years ago it costed 200 mil to build with roughly 60K capacity. And it's a very fancy stadium - retractable roof, the pitch slides in and out so it can be used for other events like concerts, motor-bike shows, etc.

Verona won't need more than a 40K stadium and with the recession and everything one would think the price of building a stadium would have stayed the same if not gone down even.

The only explanation that comes to mind is if Verona are planning building a business/shopping area and a park or something, in addition to the stadium, so maybe side-projects like that are driving the cost up.
    Bingo, that is in the project.

Well anyways, if the project goes forward, it will be a great sign for Italian football as more clubs will follow Juve's example.

Also, Udinese, Palermo, Cagliari and Atalanta will have new stadiums ready for 2013-2014(complete renovation of the Friuli for Udinese).

Serie A :tup:

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #133
    It isn't cancelled, the Football italia article you read was bullshit, as they often are.

The new project of DiBenedetto is different than Sensi's, that's all. It will still be a 55k stadium. I should probably remove the picture of stadium in the OP since it's Sensi's plan. DiBenedetto's will be the same size but it will probably look different.

Here's a recent article on their stadium:

http://www.tuttostadi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=448

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Bingo, that is in the project.

Well anyways, if the project goes forward, it will be a great sign for Italian football as more clubs will follow Juve's example.

Also, Udinese, Palermo, Cagliari and Atalanta will have new stadiums ready for 2013-2014(complete renovation of the Friuli for Udinese).

Serie A :tup:
    I like this news and the direction it would send serie a

but for the sake of that very serie a, milan and inter should take a look at how they could put up a shared project to build a private stadium togheter.

italian succes in europe will allways be juventus/milan/roma, with the occasional righrunners, this season beeing napoli and udinese

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #137
    I like this news and the direction it would send serie a

but for the sake of that very serie a, milan and inter should take a look at how they could put up a shared project to build a private stadium togheter.

italian succes in europe will allways be juventus/milan/roma, with the occasional righrunners, this season beeing napoli and udinese
    Inter are waiting for the law on the stadiums to pass in parliament as Milan's city council keep asking for exorbitant prices to sell them the land to build the stadium.

When Inter will move out, Milan will buy the San Siro and renovate it.

Still, I don't expect Inter to build a new stadium in the next 5 years.

As for Napoli, De Laurentiis wants to do something about their situation but he hasn't decided yet which of the following option to take:

-Buy the San Paolo from the city council and completely renovate it(eliminate athletic track, adjust the roof, put new seats, etc.)
    -Build a new stadium financed from his own pockets.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #139
    I don't want anyone else owning their stadium for another 5-10 years. Fuck everyone!
    On the contrary, modern and privately owned stadium will greatly strengthen Serie A, which in turn will be good for Juventus.

We'll trash these teams in their new stadiums anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)