Italy-Stadium projects and developments (3 Viewers)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
San Paolo and the Stadio Olimpico are such shit stadiums that even if they refurbish them they won't be world class. Did anyone see Italy's plans for stadiums in their Euro bid? They basically showed a refurbished San Paolo and the stands were still far far away from the pitch (what does one expect from the city of garbage). Same shit with the Olimpico probably. These clubs are basically putting lipstick on their pigs.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
San Paolo and the Stadio Olimpico are such shit stadiums that even if they refurbish them they won't be world class. Did anyone see Italy's plans for stadiums in their Euro bid? They basically showed a refurbished San Paolo and the stands were still far far away from the pitch (what does one expect from the city of garbage). Same shit with the Olimpico probably. These clubs are basically putting lipstick on their pigs.
Which is great :hellyes:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Galliani:

“If all Italian clubs owned their own stadiums, the income would change radically. Unfortunately, we are light years away from this change. What happened in Turin cannot be repeated.

“The only thing we can try to do at Milan is modernise San Siro so we can soon hope to host a Champions League Final.”
http://football-italia.net/sep30n.html

I don't understand y clubs like Inter/Milan and Roma/Lazio are not willing to pool their resources and build a stadium they share. They won't be able to afford one otherwise. It wouldn't have the personal touches that make it unique to their club, but neither does their current arrangement with the San Siro/Olimpico, and at least this way they wont be shafted financially.

May 22, 2007
Galliani:

http://football-italia.net/sep30n.html

I don't understand y clubs like Inter/Milan and Roma/Lazio are not willing to pool their resources and build a stadium they share. They won't be able to afford one otherwise. It wouldn't have the personal touches that make it unique to their club, but neither does their current arrangement with the San Siro/Olimpico, and at least this way they wont be shafted financially.
I think you nailed it when you said that it won't be unique to their club. Personally, I couldn't imagine a club of Juventus' size sharing a brand new stadium with Torino.

I remember posts in this thread about something happening to go further into allowing clubs to privately own stadiums away from the councils, Trequartista will probably have more info on that. Both Milan clubs sharing ownership of the San Siro would increase their income quite drastically as it is, I think they suffer the most in the league in terms of losing revenue.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/.../66f55ec578ffd210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm

I think this is interesting, particularly the positions of the Italian clubs in match day revenue compared to broadcast revenue.

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
Any updates on the ones posted in the OP? Cagliari is suppose to have their new stadium ready for next season right?

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #114
    Thread updated, with Atalanta's and Bari's projects updated.

Atalanta Bergamo

Project for a new stadium:

http://www.bergamonerazzurra.com/?action=read&idnotizia=3872

It will cost about 50 million euros and will have 26-28 000 seats. They hope to start construction soon and have it ready for 2013-2014. They will also build a shopping mall next to the stadium, much like ours.

Bari

Plans for the restructuration of the Stadio San Nicola. They plan to remove the athletic track, reduce the capacity from 58 000 to 40 000 seats. It will cost about 70 millions. The club wants to get it done and start works soon as they are currently midtable in Serie B and think that this project will be essential to make it back to Serie A.

http://bari.repubblica.it/cronaca/2011/12/14/foto/nuovo_stadio-26606158/1/

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #115
    Any updates on the ones posted in the OP? Cagliari is suppose to have their new stadium ready for next season right?
    It was supposed to be for 2012-2013 but Cellino is currently waging a war with the city council for the location, which the city wants to be moved from Elmas. 2013-2014 is much more likely now. Cellino claims that it will only take 6 months to build the stadium as he already started to build the pieces of the stadium in mainland Italy, which he will import to Cagliari by boat, and then assemble on the location of the stadium.

Yep, this probably means one more year at the horrible Sant'Elia.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Where are Bari (who are near broke) and Atalanta going to get the money to build these stadiums? The only way I can see them being built is if the local council does it, but I can't imagine that they would be flushed with cash at the moment.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #117
    Where are Bari (who are near broke) and Atalanta going to get the money to build these stadiums? The only way I can see them being built is if the local council does it, but I can't imagine that they would be flushed with cash at the moment.
    Atalanta are getting it from private investors/bank loans while Bari, from the city. This means that Bari won't have their own stadium in the near future but at least it will be a much better San Nicola.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #120
    Hellas Verona €400m stadium? :crazy:
    Yep, and the project has just been approved by the mayor recently. I don't now how it will cost 400M, it's a massive cost. They'll have a retractable roof like Shalke's though.

They are currently second in Serie B and are in a good position to gain promotion to Serie A for next season. That may help their project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)