Italy so far...what do you think (1 Viewer)

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
DP sucked bad. Most of the team sucked bad. Spot on with the response "when will he (DP) be on form?". The only ones who played well were Buffon, Nesta and Zambrotta. Had hoped that the team would play well barring DP who I regard as a gone case. No expectations for him - anything good would be a nice surprise.

Totti played as if he had way too much load on his shoulders - no thanks to the usual NT coach's perchant for singling individuals to place all hopes on. His freekicks were an embarrassment. Vieri was clueless. DP (the envious one and totally underserving of any singling out for sure) was ineffective, but not silly (credit to him for not sitting on the match ball like he did previously). The much vaunted attacking trident is way way too overrated. Dont expect Italy to get very far in the competition - they couldnt even pass the ball well like they used to in WC 2002 and Euro 2000.

Spain and France look the strongest so far. Attacking invention wise, it would be Spain even with the Raul woes. Look at the way they were passing the ball! France, though they were trailing for much of the game, demonstrated that they are the strongest side to beat (that too with an attack that never really penetrated against England). Italy, for that matter, was worse than Portugal. They have let the favourites tag hang around their necks so heavily - they play better when they are without such expectations. All that pre-Euro 2004 hype and the bickering (thanks to the EGOISTIC farts DP, Fiore, Gattuso) have so far undermined their cause.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
we have another thread to talk about this.

Something that is very true....... is that the French team really knows how to pass and distribute the ball around. Italy missed this so much today.-

It was very frustrating to see a tea, with so many good technical players....throwing long passes toa lone vieri-..... it was really sad.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well.... my solution would be to field gattuso and pirlo-.... at least to try and se what happens. We need great personality in the def mid against sweden. Those guys have no mercy.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Italy was bad, but mark my word!, they will only get better in every match from now on. Its typical Italy to start bad, but remember that they are a tournament team, that some of the charm.

Aug 1, 2003
Indeed. But I think Camo sucked more.

Bobo Vieri ni kayu la.
Translation : Bobo Vieri is a stick against Denmark. IMO, in that match he couldn't even control the ball for 2 seconds or something. And to think that we complain about Trez :D

But it's probably the whole team's fault anyways :down:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i didnt get to see the game....but most azzurri fans are complaining how lacklustered the team were. only defence was okay, apart from panucci, and buffon. the rest were total shite :rofl:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
Both side goalkeeper played well......I freak out when Sorensen made double saved to foiled Del Piero and Totti......shit!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It looked like Italy were keeping something in reserve given the heat of the match -- as if to play tight for a while and then strike out once they tired out their opponent.

The midfield was dreadful -- nobody could hold on to possession of the ball if they taped the thing to their shoelaces. But it did get better in the second half -- hence my curiosity about a possible "heavyweight fighter" strategy.

While there's little to be proud of, this could have ended as a 1-0 Denmark disaster. Sweden is going to be the real test now.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i wasn't very satisfied with italy.
i think defence was good.

the other team...well,didn't suck but didn't do their best either.

and,dee dee i disagree that ale sucked!!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by dee dee ] ++
DP sucked bad. Most of the team sucked bad. Spot on with the response "when will he (DP) be on form?". The only ones who played well were Buffon, Nesta and Zambrotta. Had hoped that the team would play well barring DP who I regard as a gone case. No expectations for him - anything good would be a nice surprise.

Totti played as if he had way too much load on his shoulders - no thanks to the usual NT coach's perchant for singling individuals to place all hopes on. His freekicks were an embarrassment. Vieri was clueless. DP (the envious one and totally underserving of any singling out for sure) was ineffective, but not silly (credit to him for not sitting on the match ball like he did previously). The much vaunted attacking trident is way way too overrated. Dont expect Italy to get very far in the competition - they couldnt even pass the ball well like they used to in WC 2002 and Euro 2000.

Spain and France look the strongest so far. Attacking invention wise, it would be Spain even with the Raul woes. Look at the way they were passing the ball! France, though they were trailing for much of the game, demonstrated that they are the strongest side to beat (that too with an attack that never really penetrated against England). Italy, for that matter, was worse than Portugal. They have let the favourites tag hang around their necks so heavily - they play better when they are without such expectations. All that pre-Euro 2004 hype and the bickering (thanks to the EGOISTIC farts DP, Fiore, Gattuso) have so far undermined their cause.

What the hell if youre problem? If you hate del piero, please, fine, BUT DONT BASH HIM IN A ****ING JUVE FORUM, and most of us here are strong azzuri fans, so have a brain, and think man. unless of course, you just love the rush of conflict. which of course you do. Dont you?

Italy played in 36 degrees. I would like to see spain do better in that heat.

May 30, 2004
Camoranesi didnt suck he delivered better than many.. and when fiore replaced him nothing changed.... same thing for DP i tought da problem was with these 2 but even after da changes being made ...nothing changed.... just bad passing and team work... and totti not delivering as he is da so called leader and can play alone against a team of 11 ... his bighead made many of us have big expectations for him .. but too bad he wasnt training and was braiding his hair to look pretty :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)