Italy Laggin behind (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
I am espscially very disappoited in PSV
PErhaps some insider info from Erik can clear up why they lost the way they did.
]What is there to to ask insider info, they came accross the most in form team on the planet, who are playing out of their skins at this point in time, and with all due respect, they have not met any team like Arsenal this season

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

]What is there to to ask insider info, they came accross the most in form team on the planet, who are playing out of their skins at this point in time, and with all due respect, they have not met any team like Arsenal this season
    Please an EPL team

Cheivio would have a field day with Arsenal......

:D :p

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Whether they play in the Epl, turkey, italy or mars, it does not matter, any team that has Viera, Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord and the other very good players they have, playing very well at the same time will be tough to beat

Did they or did they not defeat Juventus 3-1 last season, to say because they are in the Epl, they cannot defeat any big teams in Europe is not a reasonable arguement

After all in the last 3 seasons Epl teams have reached at least the 1/4 final stage of the Cl, a lot more than i can say for any dutch or Italian side for that matter

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I am sorry but your reasoning and remarks just go above my head most of the time, baggio and bergkamp are fossils?

Well i have said it be4 and i ill say it again your capacity to offend without actually making any reasonable arguements just astound me

Viera too clumsy for Italy?

Wiltord well he was at the bench for Depor? Who gives a turkey about all that, the fact that they are all playing well right now is all that counts . These so called clumsy and bench players are European and were world champs as well

The juve defeating Arsenal match was not as important as the first game as that was like a dead rubber, neither side's heart was really in it.

From your post, it seems that Italy and Spain are the oinly places to play, well i got news for you , there are other leagues, and though La liga imo stands above the rest, second spot is still up 4 grabs

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    If the 4 best teams in la liga are RM,Barca, Valencia and Depor then the 2nd tier in Spain might be Celta Vigo, Real Betis, Real Soceildad, Athletico Bilbao and Athletico Madrid then it is a very very high quality 2nd tier
    lol, my argument has folded upon itself in my head now. :down:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You are right denco - Arsenal is not just in-form at the moment but they're beyond-form if you ask me!
    While PSV is very much below their normal level - their playing style is horrendous and they're missing arguably the Eredivisie's best keeper... You can be out of shape and still cut it in the Dutch league but that doesn't go for Europe!

Then again - it's never easy to beat the French NT... :rolleyes:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

World Champion Veira played like 8minutes in the Final and that was all the playing time he got in 98.

and Sylvain Wiltord wasn't even picked for the WC98
    back then he was still at DEpor grinding his backside against their comfortable bench.

so
    Before you say I make unreasnoble arguements you need to check your facts.

Just because Jardel and Elber are brazilans don't make them a current world champion.......
    Viera played the whole 90 minutes in one of the group games in 1998 probably against Denmark , i do not need to check my facts to remember that, and i never said anything about wiltord being a world champ i said he was a European champion, and whats all that crap about Elber and Jardel, were they part of Brazil's 94 or 2002 squads?

I ma sorry to say this but you know really little about this sport i love, you are not really into the football itself just journalistic nonsense like rumours about players sexuality. or how much of a downfall of a club and the amount of claptrap you keep posting on here.

Now you go check the records and you will find that Viera actually played and he does in fact have a world cup medal

Whether you like it or not Arsenal are awesome this season and were last season and the Epl is important to some ppl

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #73
    look ast who is posting the insults

denco

but I will not retort them

In your post you claimed Wiltord was part of the 98WC squad which is false

Jardel and Elber was a similie to Wiltord.....

that just because they are Brazilan doesn't immdiatley make them World Champs since they were not part of Scolari's Nt.

modan

Jul 13, 2002
    there is no doubt whatsoever about the form of Arsenal, they are creative upfront, stable in midfield and composed at the back, they have really pacey players like henry, they use pace and passes, and of course confidence to make a team formidable. but a team being formidable doesn't mean they are not fallable. every sports is able to attract its own supporters because it uses the mind and physical aspects of an individual to successfully win a game. Arsenal do seem impressive, against Leeds AT Elland Road, but even at home, they drew with a bottom-of-the table West Ham.

so i guess what we really need to do now is to focus, drawing with Parma at home is not a satisfactory result for we hardcore fans. Sports is unpredictable, if it is predictable, no one will wanna play it, they may be great against many teams, but against one which posseses such mental strength is difficult and hard to beat...and thats waht we all should aim to be.

well, vieira is a top-notch midfielder, no doubt about it, wiltord sux, but he has improved a great deal, kanu too...whether or not a player plays in the world cup does not concern us 'cause it doesn't matter, is batigol a top class player? perhaps in the past and in the recent world cup, but definitely not now...so whether ornot vieira and wiltord have participated in the WC doesn't matter, the only difference is that they are good...presently... ...~!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well Modan some of the things you said are true , others are not, Arsenal did not draw at home to west Ham, it was away, and its a local derby, Arsenal were 2 goald down but showed gr8 xter to come back 2 goas down, your comment about Juve was irrelevant as it had nothing to do with what Evelyn and I were discussing, as we were discussing the merits or demerits of Arsenal as a top side.

About Batigol, i have no idea what your point it as you cannot say he is no more a top class player, he probably needs a fresh start , but make no mistake about it he is a top notch player

Wiltord, i have never liked but he is playing well, and the fact is that Arsenal are playing very well, and are a very good side, but Evelyn's argument is that becos they are in the Epl, we should not take any note of their accomplishments which is rubbish

Arsenal, Manchester United have done more in Europe in the last 4 years than what our beloved Italian teams have done and no amount of sugar coating can disguise that

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    look ast who is posting the insults

denco

but I will not retort them

In your post you claimed Wiltord was part of the 98WC squad which is false

Jardel and Elber was a similie to Wiltord.....

that just because they are Brazilan doesn't immdiatley make them World Champs since they were not part of Scolari's Nt.
    Well to me it was long overdue to you, why because you never stop insulting players and teams, whats the similie between Wiltord and Elber and Jardel btw, Wiltord won the European championship with France while those 2 did not play for Brazil in big tournaments, so when you wanna make similies make correct ones

I did not mean Wiltord as he is not a wc winner but Viera is and not only that they have won many things at their clubs as well and they are all playing well at the moment

The fact that you compare them to Chievo is an insult to all Arsenal fans in particular and the Epl in general and shows what you know or more specifically what you do not know about football

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    If you wanted to baffle me, then you have done so completely, quite what you have put on here has got to do with Arsenal being on great form is way beyond my comprehension.

Well your thread is a good idea only if you will let your personal feelings towards the Epl not cloud your judgement, if they perform well give them the credit they deserve, instead of trying to find out if their opponents had an off day.

As for your view on the "old guard", not that i always side with them ,as you have said ,and you with the new generation ,which I have not really seen you do, if I can speak for the old guard for a minute, plz name me anyone in the Dutch league who is better than Bergkamp

Or a midfielder who is as good as Roy keane below the age of 25, also its noticeable to see that your idea of the old guard who just pick up fat checks and do nothing are in the Epl and your so called new guard are mostly River Plate products which really is always the basis of your arguments anyway

Anyway back to the thread and that is its very true Italian teams are lagging behind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)