Italy Laggin behind (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well it is all about opinions i know but those players you mentioned are not in the same league or class as Bergkamp, I have seen Kezman play and apart from the dutch league , all the time I have seen against a better class of opponent say in Cl, he has looked very ordinary

As for Ballack, not sure he is a defensive midfielder by design and Rochembach is not anywhere near Roy Keane, yes he has a powerful shot on him and all but for sheer motivation and forceful power play from the midfield, Keane only has Viera and Davids as equals at the moment

You pay too much attention to injuries players suffer, and agression is part and parcel of some players game so I would not count that against them

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #82
    well it all depends on your view of football

some view it as a Battle
    alas Keane

Others as a fine art
    alas DP

Funny you don't mention
    Bruggink who know has Bergkamp's old role in the NT
    and Van Der Meyde who is rising faster then most.....

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #83
    This with Keane, Davids and Viera having no equals was true 2000/2001

but we have come along way from that time......

Davids is often starting on the bench...
    He has to give up his DM role to Tachi and Tudor.

Vieria was overpowered by his Senegalese brothers in the World Cup. Bouba Diope, Salif Diao and ALliou Cisse.

Roy Keane is not what he used to be.......

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    well it all depends on your view of football

some view it as a Battle
    alas Keane

Others as a fine art
    alas DP

Funny you don't mention
    Bruggink who know has Bergkamp's old role in the NT
    and Van Der Meyde who is rising faster then most.....
    Dp and keane play in diff positions and you need both of their qualities to be successful, I did say not one of the players you mentioned, be it Bruggink and Van der Meyde , are not in the same league as Bergkamp as they have proved nothing yet other than potential

Viera was kinda tired in the wc and he could not handle 3 very motivated mfs by himself, not that any of the potential gr8 individuals enhanced their reps in the wc anyway apart from the Brazilians

As for Davids being on the bench while Tudor and Tacchi play, not entirely true and even if it was thats Lippi's problem not Davids, but I am sure you are not saying Tacchi or Tudor are in anyay as good as Davids

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Dp and keane play in diff positions and you need both of their qualities to be successful, I did say not one of the players you mentioned, be it Bruggink and Van der Meyde , are not in the same league as Bergkamp as they have proved nothing yet other than potential
    Okay, Bruggink is not a legend like Bergkamp, but he is just as good as Bergkamp at the same age. As for Van der Meyde, he is not the same type of player at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)