Italy arrange Czech challenge (1 Viewer)

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Thursday, 08 January 2004

Italy will face the Czech Republic, hosts Portugal and Spain in warm-up matches for the UEFA European Championship.

Positive memories
The Italian Football Federation said on Wednesday that the Azzurri will play the Czechs in Palermo on 18 February. The Sicilian city holds positive memories for Giovanni Trapattoni's side who won an important UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifying game against Finland there last March.

Other fixtures
Italy will then travel to Braga to take on Portugal on 31 March before they welcome Spain to an as yet undecided venue on 28 April. Another friendly will be arranged for June, just ahead of the tournament in Portugal. The Azzurri are in Group C at the finals alongside Sweden, Bulgaria and Denmark.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Goddamn it! Palermo - that's like a couple of miles away from where my house in Sicily is. :down: - Wish I was there now.. :frown:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Thats going to be a very interesting clash. Nedved vs. the Italian titans! But i still think that for this Euro 2004, the clash of the Titans will be Italy vs. France. Those two teams made it last time to the final (France won in the extra time) and in wc98 when france won by penalties. So us Italian fans, can still boast that France has not beaten us in the the full normal time of a game in any important game in the recent history. :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I really dont know how to support..:down:

i want france to win again.. ut i think that the italians deserve the trophy... but the czachs has made a wonderfull tournament too...

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
nedved vs totti :devil:

why does everybody counting holland out for finals :p

let me get my crystal ball....hmm, i think it'll be france-italy again somehow :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Thats going to be a very interesting clash. Nedved vs. the Italian titans! But i still think that for this Euro 2004, the clash of the Titans will be Italy vs. France. Those two teams made it last time to the final (France won in the extra time) and in wc98 when france won by penalties. So us Italian fans, can still boast that France has not beaten us in the the full normal time of a game in any important game in the recent history. :D
:rolleyes:the way italians make excuses for everything.:groan:

France is the best team in europe,and that is a fact that they will prove next summer.

Aug 1, 2003
ah shurrup (irish drunk slang)
italy's still the best. penalties are nothing but just to end games. and golden goals are shite, you'll realize this with SILVER goal!! :extatic:

what am I saying?!
oh yeah, the czech. tough, it will be (yoda slang). it'll be nice to see how nedved will treat his juve compatriots. say, a juve player tackles him hard or something, would they get into a fight?? interesting

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
it'll be nice to see how nedved will treat his juve compatriots. say, a juve player tackles him hard or something, would they get into a fight?? interesting
But Nedved never fights with anyone anyway :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The Czech friendly is only 11 days away... it's going to be on a Wednesday so I wonder if Trap will call up the players involved in the CL which will be restarting a week after and the Scudetto chase. I think he should, but they should only play for a max of 60 mins. 45 would be a more suitable time.

Aug 1, 2003
oh that's gonna be quite tough, things would roughen up a bit with the CL and scudetto races ...

Pippo Inzaghi's back and he scored for Milan, I wonder if he gets to play?

I don't think so :down:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
This friendly will be just few days before the Milano derby so the polemics around the players who will be called and used are already going on.
Trapattoni said that he will call all the bests players cause this is a very important test 4 the EURO.
Than let's see what's will go on... I bet many players will invent an excuse to skip this match and anycase top players will play just 45 minutes.
I think that if Vieri will play, Inzaghi will play also 4 "par-condicio". I guess they will do 45 minutes each.
Of ouers players Buffon, Zambrotta, Camo and Di Vaio will be surely called, Le Grottaglie and Del Piero maybe.
Surely all of tham will attend his call, I just wonder about Inter and Milan players :groan:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
has trap announced the team yet....? what's taking him so long :fero: santini has called up the french team. i'm waiting, trap.......:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)