Italia vs Yugoslavia (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
no idea...:undecide:

Can someone pls translate this. It's from datasport.it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trap dà la colpa al campo: "Ci ha penalizzato" 12/10/2002 23:10.35
Il ct spiega: "Fortuito il gol della Jugoslavia"

Giovanni Trapattoni commenta quasi soddisfatto il
pareggio interno con la Jugoslavia: "La prima mezzora
abbiamo giocato noi, poi abbiamo un po' subito dopo il
gol loro, tra l'altro fortuito, arrivato per un nostro
infortunio. Abbiamo reagito bene, anche se il campo ci
ha un po' penalizzato. Loro hanno chiuso bene gli
spazi, vedremo poi al ritorno, quando dovranno
attaccare loro, se ci concederanno spazi più ampi. Le
assenze? L'Italia è questa".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Sarah

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
That was awful to watch and I don't know where to begin. We can't even pass the ball - these players on thousands a week should be ashamed of themselves. We are going nowhere with Trap(I suppose everyone knows that!) Is Gattuso really the best we have?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Trap gives the fault to the field: "penalized Us" 12/10/2002 23:10.35 The ct explains: "Fortuitous the gol of
the Yugoslavia"

Giovanni Trapattoni comments on almost satisfied the inside balance with the Yugoslavia: "The first half an
hour we played we, then we have a little one immediately after their gol, between the other fortuitous,
arrived for an our accident. We reacted well, even if the field has us a little one penalized. They closed
well the spaces, we will see then to the return, when will have to attach their, if more spacious spaces will
grant us. The absences? Italy is this".

---------------------------------------------------------------

not great, but understandable :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The result is pretty much what I expected. Status quo.

On a happier note, France seem to be back on track with 5 goals past Slovenia (sorry Nina :angel: ) :)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
me too Martin, I did not expect a win, or a good performance. France were awesome, they just attacked, attacked, attacked for the full 90. Great stuff, though a shame against Slovenia, I grew to like them after Euro 2000, hope they can start playing like that again :)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AlexDP ] ++

Loro hanno chiuso bene gli
spazi, vedremo poi al ritorno, quando dovranno
attaccare loro, se ci concederanno spazi più ampi.

Bwahahahahah! Trap you are losing it! We are at home, the onus is on us to break down an average team, and we weren't up to it.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
see you sarah.

Holden I agree, being at home, and also a major nation, he cannot possibly be even remotely satisfied with a draw, and it seems the performance was pretty poor also. He has got to go sooner rather than later

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

He has got to go sooner rather than later
Yes I agree, but he is being a stubborn old man.:fero:

Can you imagine what an inspired Giggs might do to Panucci on Wednesday? If we lose to Wales, and it's more than possible, this will rank higher than S Korea on the list of Azzurri humiliations.:down:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
thats exactly what I'm thinking. Giggs Vs Panucci really no contest, Panucci will be turned inside and out by Giggs. I really fear the worst for this team.

Does anyone have today's starting lineup? I need to analyse how crap it was :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
thanks for the lineup.

pretty depressing that team, IMO panucci and gattuso for sure should not be there, tommassi isn't great either, and well you all know what I think of Inzaghi but with Montella and Vieri out fair enough he deserves a chance.

IMO the worst thing is switching tactical formation all the time. We used to play 3-4-1-2 all the time, then at the WC Trap for some reason changed to 4-4-2, and now its 4-3-1-2. We need to settle on a formation that suits the team best, and though I'm not a big fan of it, 3-4-1-2 seems to be the best for Italy to play.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #120
    This is not a good result,but I sorta expected this. Hopefully we can beat Wales on Wednesday,sounds very doubtful,but we can pray...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)