[ITA] Serie A 2014/2015 (4 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Meh, they won't.

I just don't want them to become another PSG and the likes.
but if i had to pick between inter and Milan becoming our rivals again, id chose Milan. i wonder if their owner would spend on huge transfers though and if he would even be allowed to do so due to FFP

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
inb4 conte becomes new coach

with our dominance it will take them at least 2 or 3 seasons before they become a legit threat to us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
-Mr. Klopp welcome a Milano. Feel free to..
-GEGENPRESSING!!!! GEGENPRESSING GEGENPRESSING GEGENPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Antonio will show you around
-GEGENPRESSING??????????????????????????
-Later today you'll meet the team and tomorrow moring we shall talk transfers
-KAMPL KAMPL KAMPL KAMPL!!!! GEGENPRESSING

btw klopp has some clear ideas about modern football. i can't see him keeping more than 4-5 players of the current milan squad. he'd require like a transfer budget of 300m to make this shitty milan competitive again.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I don't understand how it's viable for some new owner to spend so much. Abramovic and Al Thani bought their clubs for less than €100m and then they went to spend say a billion euros on their clubs. These new Milan owners are spending that much just to buy the half the club only and they pledging to spend more on the squad :shocked:? If the number are real then either this group is a huge charity or they are sure that Milan is going to explode to something like Madrid Barca or ManUnited.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I don't understand how it's viable for some new owner to spend so much. Abramovic and Al Thani bought their clubs for less than €100m and then they went to spend say a billion euros on their clubs. These new Milan owners are spending that much just to buy the half the club only and they pledging to spend more on the squad :shocked:? If the number are real then either this group is a huge charity or they are sure that Milan is going to explode to something like Madrid Barca or ManUnited.
The Glazers bought United for 790 billion pounds. They usually didn't spend much on transfers (not until 2014) and now the club is listed on NYSE and is worth USD 2,5 billion. If you get the right people to run the club you can make a leveraged buyout work.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

btw klopp has some clear ideas about modern football. i can't see him keeping more than 4-5 players of the current milan squad. he'd require like a transfer budget of 300m to make this $#@!ty milan competitive again.
it took him much less to turn a shitty Dortmund competitive though, even if it was only for a few seasons.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I wouldn't mind Klopp at Milan. At least if he succeeds he could show Italians that they should be a bit more open minded to different tactics or player types.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Conte is all up in Milan's bidness, if they become a financial high-roller. He'll drop the NT early summer, citing some bullshit excuse, and as long as Milan guarantees a big transfer kitty, he'll be their coach for next season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it took him much less to turn a shitty Dortmund competitive though, even if it was only for a few seasons.
and they keep losing their good players.

that won't happen with a rich team.

but no way milan gon be going chelsea mode where they revamp entire team.

in b4 juve becomes feeder club for milan

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Milan with Klopp and 150M to spend would be interesting
150 M to spend is a lot of money but they also need to buy a lot of players and so they'll probably buy one or two really promising youngsters and the rest will be meh. They need a new squad. All their current first teamers are bench material.

Edit: This article says 70-100 mill EUR to be invested for transfers excluding returns from player sales. Thats far from enough to make their team decent. http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...es-of-the-deal-between-berlusconi-taechaubol/

GK: Lopez, Abbiati (Ok)
Fullbacks: Abate, De Sciglio , Antonelli. (probably one of them at most is starting material)
CB: Bochetti, Bonera, Mexes, Rami, Zapata, Alex. (At the very most one of them should start)
Defensive mids: Essien, Muntari, De Jong. (only De jong can start, the rest arent even first bench options)
Attacking mids: Bonaventura, Montolivo, Poli, Honda ( maybe one can start)
Attackers: Menez, Pazzini, Shaarawy, Destro, Cerci (Again one should start unless they play with 3 forwards then 2 should start at most.)

Assuming a 4-3-3 formation they easily need. One top fullback, one top CB, one top CM, one top striker/winger. Thats 25 mill for each on the 100 mill budget which is far too little. Even assuming they to get top players in each position, they would still have De scoglio, Alex, Montolivo, Menez and Destro in their starting 11 which are all barely enough. Milan's current players are either squad fillers or bench players in a decent team. They are not like Inter where they have 3 talents with amazing potential (Shaqiri, Icardi and Kovacic) supported by good players like Hernanes, Palacio and Guarin. Inter would be threatening with 100 mill. Milan would barely have a decent team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)