[ITA] Serie A 2014/2015 (38 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Strootman-DDR-Pjanic with Gervinho-Totti (or Destro) and Iturbe is an excellent and WC midfield-forward line.
:sergio:

Roma clearly has a great young midfield. Although we shall see how Strootman returns from his rather lengthy absence before suggesting he is WC. Even Radja-DDR-Pjanic is quite good.

Roma's FW line is garbage. If Destro can find some consistency of form it moves to mediocre. You realize we beat them by 17 points last year, while they did not have European football, and had a WC CB pairing. Their forward compared to ours was much of the reason we finished 17 points up. Iturbe is unproven, though he could turn out good. Gervinho is overrated and only a product of the weird obsession with pace currently. Totti. :rofl: That's all that need be said. That forward line is mediocre at best, until they retire Totti. He's far past it. Destro is highly inconsistent and injury prone. We shall see about him.

Calling their FW line WC is ridiculous.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree about their frontline being far from WC but they're playing in Italy so it doesn't have to be. I don't see them struggling to score the way we did a few years ago. Maybe that's because teams won't defend as much against them but that's not a big factor imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't know. They scored 72 goals last season. In our first two scudetto wins we scored 68 and 71. Not significantly different... Those teams were actually quite similar to the Roma of last season in the sense that it was goals by committee by a group of forwards and the mids. I don't see a 38 year old Totti, Destro, Gervinho, and Iturbe as much better than Matri, Quags, Vucinic, and Del Piero when we scored 68 in 2011/12. They have potential to be better if Destro can finally show some consistency and Iturbe can develop into a great player, as things currently stand, those two line-ups are pretty much even in terms of likely goal output.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Good comparison. I guess numbers put it in better perspective. I stand corrected.

Still, if Iturbe is halfway decent, they'll improve a lot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

I was a supporter of bringing Iturbe here as I think he could turn out to be very good in the long run. He hasn't shown it yet at Roma, and as a Juve fan I'm not really sure I want him to be all successful there, but if he does develop into a good winger, and Destro continues growing from the form he was on in the second half of last season, that forward line could become very good. The potential is there. Whereas with our 11-12 forwards, we pretty much knew what we had as none were young any longer.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
There's a Bus going to the stadium as well.
Really? Never knew that.

@Red you ever been to the Olympico in Rome? Fucking longest walk ever to a stadium, must have been walking for a good 30 mins after got off from the subway.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as far as I know Udinese don't own their own stadium? Maybe I missed out on something?

If everyone builds stadiums from land leased from the government, surely they don't get to keep the match day revenue like we do? If so that would totally negate the purpose of building a stadium no?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Red you ever been to the Olympico in Rome? Fucking longest walk ever to a stadium, must have been walking for a good 30 mins after got off from the subway.
Yeah, quite a few times.

Which stop did you get off at? Ottaviano?

It's actually not that far.

First time I went I felt like it took ages to get to the ground, but having been back it turns out it's only about 20 minutes at a reasonably brisk pace.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You get a fair few 30 min walks going to games in England now, shitty new stadiums in the middle of nowhere.
I just don't think anything of a walk of less that 20 minutes.

Takes about 15 minutes to get from the centre of town to Pittodrie. Bus routes go right to the ground, but it's hardly worth getting one for all the time it takes to walk.

Hell, even when driving I would choose to park at least ten minutes from the ground so as to avoid the worst of the traffic when trying to get away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)