[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (6 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Look at what they have done with the Cavani money so far: Cavani out. Higuain, Reina, Albiol, Callejon, Mertens in.

And still looking at some important players.

They definitely mean business next season. I think they're operating very, very well!

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Look at what they have done with the Cavani money so far: Cavani out. Higuain, Reina, Albiol, Callejon, Mertens in.

And still looking at some important players.

They definitely mean business next season. I think they're operating very, very well!
Dude it's all a farse, a master plan by ADL to make them buy more season tickets, in the end it won't be more than 17mln net spend.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not quite. The combined transfer fees come to more than that received for Cavani, and the combined salary is going to be far more than his. That is where taking on lots of good players will affect with the turnover of Napoli's. They will basically need to make the CL every season to avoid having to sell a player like Cavani or Hamsik. That's risky because it takes time for players to settle, and some inevitably flop. With the former players you have an absolute guarantee.

They seem to have improved their general squad, at least on paper.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
True, there are no guarantees, but... I dunno, since Cavani was certain to leave them this summer, I must say I'm impressed with how they are trying to fill the gap he has left behind. Higuain is a wonderful striker, and they're also signing other very good players. Yes, they are gambling quite a bit when it comes to the financial aspects, and I agree that they would have to reach CL every season now, to not get into trouble. But I think they're making a great bid at steady CL participance by what they've achieved in this mercato, and they're not even done yet.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Would you guys say that Martinez-Higuain > Tevez-Llorente? Looks that way on paper.
It's close. I think Llorente and Tevez fit us better than Martinez + Higuain anyways. Same about Rossi + Gomez. Balotelli + Sharaawy I think isn't a great partnership either.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
The loss of the 4th CL seems to finally bore its fruit. Time now to get 4th spot back. Albeit slowly, the wheels are turning.

- - - Updated - - -

It's close. I think Llorente and Tevez fit us better than Martinez + Higuain anyways. Same about Rossi + Gomez. Balotelli + Sharaawy I think isn't a great partnership either.
Problem is on paper SES and Balo looks like it should be a great partnership. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
The reception Cavani received at Charles De Gaulle vs. the reception Higuain received at Fiumicino.

Cavani is received in a business casual sort of atmosphere, with the obligatory PSG suit. Higuain's is reception is something akin to a Roman Triumph, sans the triumph. Our reception to Tevez's arrival was similar.

This is one of the things I love about Italy, the passion. It was either Zidane or Platini who mentioned in an interview that France does'nt have the same Football culture as Italy or Spain, where the game is woven into society's fabric.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Rafa Benitez welcomed the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli and admitted target Jackson Martinez is “a very strong striker.”

Today Higuain and goalkeeper Pepe Reina passed their medicals, so will complete their transfers from Real Madrid and Liverpool in the next couple of days.

“Higuain is a player who scored, many, many goals,” said Coach Benitez on Sky Sport Italia.

“The club is doing great work, from President Aurelio De Laurentiis to director Riccardo Bigon. We want to create a winning project with more figures to introduce for the next three or four years.

“We are trying to create a strong club for the future, including a new training centre, and with these buys I think we will be even stronger.”

Reports are swirling around on Wednesday evening that Napoli are close to a deal for Porto hitman Jackson Martinez.

He is valued at €35m, but the Partenopei are eager to limit their offer to €30m for the Colombian international. His agents were spotted near the Napoli training camp.

Meanwhile, personal terms have reportedly already been agreed for a five-year contract worth €2m per season.

“Jackson Martinez? I didn't hear properly... You know everything, I don’t talk about the transfer market,” smiled Benitez.

“He is a very strong striker, certainly, but now I am thinking of work with the players I have. I’m talking to Juan Zuniga to understand how he works in Colombia with a four-man defence. It’ll take time, as football is not mathematics.”

Napoli are due to present their new signings on Monday evening ahead of a friendly with Galatasaray at the Stadio San Paolo.
@Zacheryah

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Reminds me of Lazio before they nearly went bankrupt.

Napoli is bringing out the balls, but this amount of risk..

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain + Action Jackson would be a formidable duo if Napoli can afford it.
That would turn a "llol they can only counterattack" into a "fuck we should be genuinly scared" team.

Getting that guy, basically eliminates most of their issues

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
But dint lazio go bankrupt for different reasons though ? I mean wasnt he involved in some corruption scandal thus forced to sell the club ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)