Not open for further replies.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #122
    I remember seeing him play for Espanyol and he was one of the few players that had class on the pitch. Soft touch with the ball and nice vision.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #125
    blʘndu;3073203 said:
    i saw him many times at barca..he had big passion
    You were following football 13 years ago?

I only remember him from highlights when it comes to Barca matches.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    blʘndu;3073203 said:
    i saw him many times at barca..he had big passion

why ?
    He was with that barca team that choked so hard it was extremely funny. They barely won a thing, they bought more and more players and choked and choked and choked, the team and all their players. It was a lovely period, I wish it comes back.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    ivan won in spain a title and some super/cups so they weren't chockers because in that time italy and germany had better teams than spain's and england's combined.. It's a cycle..we will bounce back...no reason to hate though

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    blʘndu;3073245 said:
    ivan won in spain a title and some super/cups so they weren't chockers because in that time italy and germany had better teams than spain's and england's combined.. It's a cycle..we will bounce back...no reason to hate though
    He won ONE title with barca, the super cups I don't consider an achievement. Let me not talk about his spell at Lazio because that will fill a lot and a lot of empty lines and pages.

I am not hating at all, I am just having a nostalgic moment of the barca period where they choked most, it was by far the best period of football if you ask me. I have always known them to be chokers and I am extremely gutted on how things changed since 2006. And here I am yet again talking about barca and you are defending them. I end it here because we are not going with it anywhere.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    where do you see me defending barca? i am defending a man who i watched and you consider him a chocker...in fact he was a good model player at those times for la liga. Things change, you can't live in the past. We gotta bash the heck out of juve and italian football rather than bash barca or other leagues that are miles ahead of us

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    blʘndu;3073253 said:
    where do you see me defending barca? i am defending a man who i watched and you consider him a chocker...in fact he was a good model player at those times for la liga. Things change, you can't live in the past. We gotta bash the heck out of juve and italian football rather than bash barca or other leagues that are miles ahead of us
    You go bash whoever you want. I ain't bashing anyone, just stating a fact that barca and all its players in that period were chokers. And when I said defending them it was meant the club and its players, De La Pena being one of them.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    a chocker is a player who doesn't win anything or doesn't play right in an important match...pena won some trophies => he's not a chocker..i don't defend the club either because i was talking about him, not barca. Talk to me about a guy who deserves a bash or is a chocker...like ibra in barca's days. You wrote about enrique and i didn't said a thing because you were right...

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Lol Jack may be in general calling Barca then chokers, and isnt thinking of De La Pena individually much, but as a player, I would say yeah was a choker. Barca then were too much of a rollercoaster and no real foundation, but that had nothing to do with why De La Pena has had an underwhelming career considering his talent. He didnt have the mentality to take center stage, was considered a big talent/hope for the future like Xavi (first Guardiola successor before Xavi). But was waaaaaay to inconsistent and generally pissed his carer away, atleast to what it could have become, because he didnt have the right mentality, couldnt handle the pressure of that level at all.

Xavi was also close to giving up mentally like De La Pena did, he said it himself, stopped believing in making it and was close to Milan etc.

But regarding Luis Enrique, interesting Roma are taking such a risk, but it will be intriguing to see what he can bring to Italian football.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Lol Jack may be in general calling Barca then chokers, and isnt thinking of De La Pena individually much, but as a player, I would say yeah was a choker. Barca then were too much of a rollercoaster and no real foundation, but that had nothing to do with why De La Pena has had an underwhelming career considering his talent. He didnt have the mentality to take center stage, was considered a big talent/hope for the future like Xavi (first Guardiola successor before Xavi). But was waaaaaay to inconsistent and generally pissed his carer away, atleast to what it could have become, because he didnt have the right mentality, couldnt handle the pressure of that level at all.

Xavi was also close to giving up mentally like De La Pena did, he said it himself, stopped believing in making it and was close to Milan etc.

But regarding Luis Enrique, interesting Roma are taking such a risk, but it will be intriguing to see what he can bring to Italian football.
    Thank you very much, De La Pena's spells in Italy and France say a lot about what I was aiming at as well.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    De La Pena the little Budha they used to call him. He was pretty decent with Barca from what i remember during the Ronaldo Era there.

But Barca's team overall were pretty average. Ronaldo's genius alone won them the Uefa cup winners cup back then.

Ronaldo > Messi anyday to me.....

Jul 1, 2010
    De La Pena the little Budha they used to call him. He was pretty decent with Barca from what i remember during the Ronaldo Era there.

But Barca's team overall were pretty average. Ronaldo's genius alone won them the Uefa cup winners cup back then.

Ronaldo > Messi anyday to me.....
    But, football started to exist 5 years ago :D

I agree with your post though.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Player Market Value:
    1. Inter (360.750.000 €)
    2.ACMilan (253.750.000 €)
    3. Juventus (247.900.000 €)
    4. ASRoma (205.250.000 €)
    5. Fiorentina (180.900.000 €)
    6. SSC Napoli (147.300.000 €)
    7. Genoa (119.100.000 €)
    8.Lazio (113.300.000 €)

Transfer Market Value by Player:
    1. Sneijder (42.000.000 €)
    2. Eto'o (40.000.000 €)
    3. De Rossi (38.000.000 €)
    4.Ibra (35.000.000 €)
    5. Pato (33.000.000 €)
    6.Maicon (30.000.000 €)
    7. Cambiasso (30.000.000 €)
    8.Chiellini (28.000.000 €)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)