[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Allegri: "Pirlo's replacement will be world class"

Kwadwo Asamoah of Udinese and Marek Hamsik are named as the most desired "Pirlo replacements". Now, both are very good players and have terrific potential, but I don't know if we can call them world class so I don't know what exactly and who exactly does Allegri have in mind when he talks about the world class Pirlo replacement.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19,262

Kwadwo Asamoah of Udinese and Marek Hamsik are named as the most desired "Pirlo replacements". Now, both are very good players and have terrific potential, but I don't know if we can call them world class so I don't know what exactly and who exactly does Allegri have in mind when he talks about the world class Pirlo replacement.
    I'm not quite sure they'd use Hamsik at Piro's place as he's more of an attacking kind of player. Kwadwo is great and I hailed him since 2 years ago, but again, he's box-to-box player so dunno if they'd place him there. Either way, both are great players.

On the other hand, they might know a thing or two, unlike us. Maybe they are waiting for FIGC and their confirmation about 2 non-EU players, so we'd see Ganso's arrival, which would be even worse for us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm not quite sure they'd use Hamsik at Piro's place as he's more of an attacking kind of player. Kwadwo is great and I hailed him since 2 years ago, but again, he's box-to-box player so dunno if they'd place him there. Either way, both are great players.

On the other hand, they might know a thing or two, unlike us. Maybe they are waiting for FIGC and their confirmation about 2 non-EU players, so we'd see Ganso's arrival, which would be even worse for us.
    When he talks about a Pirlo replacement he doesn't mean a player who will play the exact same role Pirlo played. It was obvious that this year Allegri used different tactics and someone with Pirlo's characteristics had no place in his line-up.
    So, when he talks about a player who'll replace Pirlo, he's talking about a midfielder, not about a deep lying playmaker.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Van Bommel and Ambrosini will be the players for the deep midfield role, so they are really looking for a player to take Ambrosini's traditional place in the squad, playing a bit to the left and getting up and down the pitch, I would imagine.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19,266
    When he talks about a Pirlo replacement he doesn't mean a player who will play the exact same role Pirlo played. It was obvious that this year Allegri used different tactics and someone with Pirlo's characteristics had no place in his line-up.
    So, when he talks about a player who'll replace Pirlo, he's talking about a midfielder, not about a deep lying playmaker.
    I know, but I still expect them to sign somebody who'll build up their play, and Ganso would be exactly that.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005

Fabregas

I know, but I still expect them to sign somebody who'll build up their play, and Ganso would be exactly that.
    Ganso/Pastore or Diego, as a cheaper option, would slot in behind the strikers but Fabregas seems to be the "dream signing" for the creative midfielder role ... Barca and Real would be tough to beat though to his signature.

Javier Zanetti has rated his managers at Inter.

He said Hodgson & Lucescu were 8s, Simoni & Cuper 9s, and Leonardo & Mourinho 10s. :confused:

He also named two games he'd love to replay: Juventus-Inter in 1998 and Lazio-Inter in 2002
    Here is to Inter winning the Cup so that Leo can stay a 10 :burke:

:D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    My gut feeling tells me Felipe Melo will be on sale this summer and Galliani will make a move.
    My years of following Milan and Galliani also tell me that right now there isn't a specific name and when Allegri says that Milan will sign a world class CM, he doesn't know the name himself yet, so when Galliani signs a midfielder, that particular midfielder will be the promised world class Pirlo replacement, even if at this moment they still don't know that he's the world class guy :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    My gut feeling tells me Felipe Melo will be on sale this summer and Galliani will make a move.
    My years of following Milan and Galliani also tell me that right now there isn't a specific name and when Allegri says that Milan will sign a world class CM, he doesn't know the name himself yet, so when Galliani signs a midfielder, that particular midfielder will be the promised world class Pirlo replacement, even if at this moment they still don't know that he's the world class guy :D
    I see your moonlighting as a Juve fan is showing it's effects - you are starting to actually believe that Galliani is copying from Marotta's "How to" book :D

No worries, Galliani knows the name already and his new best buddy Mino is already hard at work :D

As for the Melo connection, Milan is looking into Sandro for that type of player, so feel free to keep Melo to yourselves :evil:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I see your moonlighting as a Juve fan is showing it's effects - you are starting to actually believe that Galliani is copying from Marotta's "How to" book :D

No worries, Galliani knows the name already and his new best buddy Mino is already hard at work :D

As for the Melo connection, Milan is looking into Sandro for that type of player, so feel free to keep Melo to yourselves :evil:
    I'd hate to see Melo in Milan, so I'll more than likely keep him here. He just seems like the type of player Milan won't miss out trying to get, if on sale.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    I'd hate to see Melo in Milan, so I'll more than likely keep him here. He just seems like the type of player Milan won't miss out trying to get, if on sale.
    that is indeed not far from the truth but Melo has had too many "gone mad" moments in high adrenaline games and Milan would likely prefer a more level-headed player ... there is room for only one Gattuso in a team, after all :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010

What did I ever do to you?

Melo to Meelan would be the perfect summer :touched:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)