[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Nah, I've been there already when your team was in similar position in 2008. I feared heavy investments and similar shit, but nothing happened. Just enjoy Juve's failures while they last. And looks like they'll last for a while.
I don't remember Silvio coming out back then and promising heavy investments, though.
Nest year, Juve will invest big time, little doubt about that IMO ... Juve fans' biggest worries, however, should be that Marrotta will be the one doing the spending and more importantly, appointing the new coach ... that's where we Milan fans see a glimmer of hope, so to speak ;)

Lol, Melo, the Milan fans too noticed that you like Milan :lol:
can you blame him? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
:lol:

Oh hell. I might as well get out of the closet.

FUUCK YOU CHEATERS.

MIIIILAAAAAAAAAAAAN
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
LAAA LAAA LAA LAAAAAA
MIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAN MIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAN TRAAA LAAA LALAAA.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't remember Silvio coming out back then and promising heavy investments, though.
IIRC, there was talk about Milan buying Ronaldinho (which they did) and right before that disappointing season ended you signed Flamini for huge wages (Flamini was considered an incoming great DM). Borriello was brought back for a solid amount and Zambrotta was bought.
Actually, many serie A fans thought that Milan had by far the best mercato in Italy and your team was widely considered a serie A favorite for the new season.

Edit: Melo, -rep.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
IIRC, there was talk about Milan buying Ronaldinho (which they did) and right before that disappointing season ended you signed Flamini for huge wages (Flamini was considered an incoming great DM). Borriello was brought back for a solid amount and Zambrotta was bought.
Actually, many serie A fans thought that Milan had by far the best mercato in Italy and your team was widely considered a serie A favorite for the new season.
Borriello, an aging zambrotta, a senseless tackling, headless chicken like Flamini, a washed up Ronaldinho, whose price-tag of 20 mil, if that, said it all ... those were cosmetic changes and not ones that implied Milan wanted the scudetto.
Ronaldinho was brought in only because of Silvio's weakness for him, evethough Ancelotti didn't want him and it's no surprise both Kaka and Carlo left the following season.

Milan's issues back then had more to do with an aging squad of quality but fed-up players, who had won it all, and were expected to compete well in both Serie A and CL at the same time, when they didn't really have the hunger for winning anymore - Reinforcements were needed, but not the ones mentioned above of average players or more fed-up, unmotivated stars, who'd rather dance it in the club till early hours.

Juve's issues at this point in time, are quite different ... still, with 100-120 mil this team can be banging in no time but my hope is in Marrotta pulling a Marotta once again and appointing another Italian coach with provincial mentality like Mazarri or mancini, and spending most of the money on the likes of Aquillani, Matri, Gilardino, etc.

In other news, Lazio is winning 4:2 in 90th minute.
We can say goodbye to 6th place too.
it's not like you need it anyway - worst thing for Juve right now is waste energy and concentration on a meaningless European cup competition

Don't worry. I want Juve to win to!

For the sake of Italian football :touched:
:D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Borriello, an aging zambrotta, a senseless tackling, headless chicken like Flamini, a washed up Ronaldinho, whose price-tag of 20 mil, if that, said it all ... those were cosmetic changes and not ones that implied Milan wanted the scudetto.
Ronaldinho was brought in only because of Silvio's weakness for him, evethough Ancelotti didn't want him and it's no surprise both Kaka and Carlo left the following season.

Milan's issues back then had more to do with an aging squad of quality but fed-up players, who had won it all, and were expected to compete well in both Serie A and CL at the same time, when they didn't really have the hunger for winning anymore - Reinforcements were needed, but not the ones mentioned above of average players or more fed-up, unmotivated stars, who'd rather dance it in the club till early hours.

Juve's issues at this point in time, are quite different ... still, with 100-120 mil this team can be banging in no time but my hope is in Marrotta pulling a Marotta once again and appointing another Italian coach with provincial mentality like Mazarri or mancini, and spending most of the money on the likes of Aquillani, Matri, Gilardino, etc.
Yeah, I too considered it a weak mercato, or at least a business done in a wrong way, but the majority here was jealous of your transfer summer so I want to use this opportunity to rub it in :alen:
Still, good money and famous names were promised and delivered, which might turn out the same with Juve. When Milan brought a washed up Dinho and Zambrotta, over the hill Shevchenko and Beckham (in addition to the much less famous one season wonder like Borriello or the overrated Senderos) Juve might do a very similar job when buying the promised champions (Pirlo etc) but spend even more on the way than Milan did back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)