[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
“I am amazed by his bitterness, considering he cost me €500,000, which is a grand total of €100,000 per weekend.”
Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini can’t think why Serse Cosmi would be upset at being sacked after four games

“It was hilarious because, despite our age, we become children again when in these situations. I had great fun! I was a peace-maker, embracing and pulling away first Lotito, then De Laurentiis, who stayed outside with me. In my view there were two bottles of red wine extra on each side. All our brains were a little fuzzy.”
Zamparini reveals the infamous Aurelio De Laurentiis-Claudio Lotito brawl was more of a Keystone Cops affair

“There is a Milan style of behaviour that I don’t think is very close to that of Balotelli. I don’t think his style suits us.”
That’s Italy Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, the world-famous paragon of virtue, introducing the pot to the kettle

“Leonardo called me narcissistic? He’s right, I am!”
Berlusconi is only amazed everyone doesn’t love him as much as he does

“At the start we were doing fairly well, but once we conceded the first goal, we just melted into a puddle.”
Cosmi had to deliver his half-time team talk with the aid of a mop

“I hadn’t been fired in 11 years, but it must be said it’s the first time I’ve been recalled.”
Delio Rossi experiences life as a boomerang manager

“Theoretically we played in a manner that covered the defence to spark counter-attacks.”
After a 5-2 defeat to Schalke, Leonardo might want to go back to the drawing board

“I would be amazed if people always praised us, as we’d really have to worry then...”
Javier Zanetti thinks critics are planning a surprise insult party

“If we lose the Champions League then we still have the Scudetto and Coppa Italia to challenge for.”
Can someone tell Jose Mourinho he’s no longer in charge of Inter?

“We’re like boxers who can’t do the sucker punch.”
Sinisa Mihajlovic coulda been a contender!

“Doesn’t our history matter? Lazio have 111 years of history. Plus we have always been called Lazio and not Napoli Soccer. It’s too easy to begin again from Serie C1 and not pay off a club’s debts, but at least you lose your history in Serie C.”
Claudio Lotito thinks Napoli fans should have had their memories wiped after bankruptcy

“Only a blind person can’t see what I am doing and I hope the Coach is not blind.”
Marco Storari knew he shouldn’t have signed for Stevie Wonder FC

“On the bright side, at least nobody will ask us about the Scudetto now.”
Francesco Guidolin breathes a sigh of relief after Udinese’s 2-0 defeat at Lecce

“We play fair and don’t seek to win at all costs, unlike others. Fair play is not optional.”
Lotito preaching is, sadly, mandatory

“We basically remained in the changing rooms for 90 minutes.”
Genoa President Enrico Preziosi regrets installing video games consoles in there

“Beating Palermo by a big margin is becoming a pleasingly familiar habit.”
If Catania President Antonino Pulvirenti rubs it in any more, he’s going to go straight through to the bone

“The Nerazzurri will go through to the semi-finals. There is a lot of difference in quality between Inter and Schalke.”
England manager Fabio Capello hasn’t lost his touch

“I don’t think I’m a man for the transfer market, you can’t make money on a 33-year-old.”
Gigi Buffon forgets he’s in Serie A

“For me, Gino Corioni isn't a President. He is a second father, if not a grandfather. At times I call him that for a joke.”
And the Brescia patron responds by giving Emiliano Viviano a clip round the ear

“We are the wolves chasing our prey. The ones who should be worried are ahead of us.”
Brescia boss Giuseppe Iachini will huff and puff and blow your team down

“Palermo, like every other team that comes to the Massimino, will have to play against an entire city.”
Catania general manager Pietro Lo Monaco reveals the stadium is one very long subs bench

“This is the most important match of the season, as it is an opportunity we absolutely cannot afford to waste.”
Pasquale Marino’s Parma needed the victory over basement club Bari – which is why he was sacked after a 2-1 home defeat

“Van Bommel really hit me hard on the calf muscle. I told Mark his tackle was really out of turn.”
Out of turn, Wesley Sneijder, but not remotely out of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)