[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
The Rome result is just what we need to turn this season around. I know I sound like DN on this one but I really feel this is gonna be the case.

Hope I didn't just jinx it :scared:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Exactly. We can't keep hoping for other teams to screw up when we don't have a point advantage on them.

If we happen to lose tomorrow, all this talk will take a back seat again.
A Roma win gets Roma closer to fourth, meaning we'll have to compete with them, too.

All this stuff is freakin' bollocks. All of it.
Dude, I can't believe you're saying all this. Even if there is only 5% chance to win 4th place, it's still a chance. We might screw up tomorrow, we can do it next week or the week after, but until we do, it's the team on the 4th place that needs to fuck up, not the 6th placed or 12th placed team. Udinese losing was, at this point, by far the best result for us. In the future Roma's win tonight might prove decisive why we won't win 6th place, or even 4th place if Roma wins it, but right now we needed the 4th placed team to fuck up and that 4th placed team is Udinese.
The way you're talking ("I hate Roma and that's why I wanted Udinese to win") you give impression that you'd prefer Roma to choke than Juve to win 4th place and it makes no sense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dude, I can't believe you're saying all this. Even if there is only 5% chance to win 4th place, it's still a chance. We might screw up tomorrow, we can do it next week or the week after, but until we do, it's the team on the 4th place that needs to fuck up, not the 6th placed or 12th placed team. Udinese losing was, at this point, by far the best result for us. In the future Roma's win tonight might prove decisive why we won't win 6th place, or even 4th place if Roma wins it, but right now we needed the 4th placed team to fuck up and that 4th placed team is Udinese.
The way you're talking ("I hate Roma and that's why I wanted Udinese to win") you give impression that you'd prefer Roma to choke than Juve to win 4th place and it makes no sense.
I simply find all of this to be nonsense. Roma and Udinese could go on to win the rest of their games anyway, or perhaps Lazio will. Nobody knows what will happen to those clubs. What I do know, however, is that the only way we stand a chance is by winning our remaining matches. If we don't do that, it doesn't matter what happens to other results. So this sort of discussion, to me, is a waste of time.

The way I see it, people are trying to find false hope in all this. As I said, if we lose tomorrow, nobody will really care about this discussion anymore. So all that matters right now is our match against Genoa.

Aug 17, 2007
+rep, 100% Agree.

I celebrated after Totti's goal.

EDIT: Sorry Alen, It asks me to spread some before I give you +rep, and i'm pretty lazy right now :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Lazio not to win and lose preferably.

If you ask me, I'd also want Milan's plane flying to Firenze to crash down.
thank you Alen.

yes, the Meelan plane 'disaster' of 2011 would be a welcome occasion.

We need the results to go our way the following Saturday, then the following Sunday, then the following Saturday, then the following Sunday, and then go our way in next Saturday and Sunday, et cetera.
well that goes without saying, Andrew.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We need the results to go our way the following Saturday, then the following Sunday, then the following Saturday, then the following Sunday, and then go our way in next Saturday and Sunday, et cetera.
Unfortunately we put ourselves in such position. But with 7 rounds till the end, what was done can be undone. More incredible things happened in football than catching an 8 point advantage.
We've already gone though billions of disappointments lately and one more disappointment won't hurt. I'd take the disappointment if it offers hope too. Better to have some hope for 4th place and still enjoy watching my team, waiting for a great thing to happen, than watch Juve as I did in the last month, not giving a damn and feeling so indifferent.

P.S: And check my siggy finally. I asked you to do it in the La Liga thread. I need to see your reaction on Pepe's pearls of wisdom :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
P.S: And check my siggy finally. I asked you to do it in the La Liga thread. I need to see your reaction on Pepe's pearls of wisdom :D
What the hell. :lol: Did he really say that?

I guess he means individually, which hopefully means he knows he's heading back to the decrepit place he came from!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Unfortunately we put ourselves in such position. But with 7 rounds till the end, what was done can be undone. More incredible things happened in football than catching an 8 point advantage.
We've already gone though billions of disappointments lately and one more disappointment won't hurt. I'd take the disappointment if it offers hope too. Better to have some hope for 4th place and still enjoy watching my team, waiting for a great thing to happen, than watch Juve as I did in the last month, not giving a damn and feeling so indifferent.
:tup: Well said mate

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I was doing some number crunching and if we win every game, we are pretty much guaranteed the fourth spot. We would end up with 69 points.

Roma has 53 and they play Milan so if they lose one and win the rest, which I doubt they will, they still fall a point short.

Udinese has the toughest schedule by far, playing Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Milan and need to get 13 points. I don't see them doing it in these six games.

Lazio is the biggest threat imo. They have seven games and their toughest opponents are us, Udinese, and Inter. Considering we beat them, they'd have to get 15 points in 6 games to match us. We'd have to hope they don't score a lot because our goal diff's are very close.

This is all considering we win our games, which include Fiorentina, Lazio, and Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)