[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
I have a question about LE places.
As I know Coppa winner goes to LE. Now in cup we have Milan, Inter, Roma, Parma.
If Milan, Inter, Roma finish in CL-zone in Serie A will Parma get LE place?
What if Milan and Inter - in CL, Roma - placed 5/6 in Seriae A - will Parma get LE place?

In other words - what teams from Serie A go to LE? 5 and 6 and 3rd team are always from Coppa? Or what are the rules about team from Coppa?

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Found in wiki:
If the winners have already qualified for the UEFA Champions League via Serie A, the UEFA Europa League place goes to the Coppa Italia runners-up. If they also have qualified for the UEFA Champions League, or are not entitled to play in UEFA competitions for any reason, the place goes to the next highest placed finisher in the league table.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Terim set for Fiorentina return?
There are sensational reports that Fiorentina could replace Sinisa Mihajlovic at the end of the season with Turkish manager Fatih Terim.

It would be a remarkable turn of events, as Terim was already a hero to the Stadio Artemio Franchi crowd in 2000-01.

Among his great results were a 4-0 win over Milan – who he went on to lead, briefly – and a Coppa Italia Final.

However, he resigned following a row with then-President Vittorio Cecchi Gori, who would later take the club into bankruptcy.

According to German website 4-4-2.com, Terim is considering a comeback under new patrons the Della Valle brothers.

He has since been on the bench of Galatasaray and the Turkish national team, resigning in October 2009.

This way please :frown2:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That sucks. We should be after terim not those purple rats. I'd hate it if they start playing football and actually doing something, the only place they belong to is the gutter.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15,874
    let one be bought by a small club and loaned to them for free
    I don't think there are any holes in that system, otherwise clubs would do it frequently. I think you have to register signed players for x competition, so I'm not sure that would work. I might be wrong, dunno really.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    oh ok, but what was the thing about milan doing something similar. ok, when you may not register two new non-eu players for gameplay, than this trick might not work.

i just thought about this rule that says "no new non-eu players that come from outside the league". so if the player was bought from a small club and than loaned to milan it would be a "in league" transfer...

but i have no clue about the possibility of this trick.. i just thought i heard or read something like this in the past

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    oh ok, but what was the thing about milan doing something similar. ok, when you may not register two new non-eu players for gameplay, than this trick might not work.

i just thought about this rule that says "no new non-eu players that come from outside the league". so if the player was bought from a small club and than loaned to milan it would be a "in league" transfer...

but i have no clue about the possibility of this trick.. i just thought i heard or read something like this in the past
    Boateng wasn't non-eu, but the important part here is if he was registered at all by Genoa. If he was, then the loophole is still there because in that case what was done by Genoa and Milan with Boateng could be done too with a non-EU player.

I'll check if Genoa registered Boateng.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Boateng wasn't non-eu, but the important part here is if he was registered at all by Genoa. If he was, then the loophole is still there because in that case what was done by Genoa and Milan with Boateng could be done too with a non-EU player.

I'll check if Genoa registered Boateng.
    Boateng is non-EU, he was forced to give up his German citizenship in order to take the Ghanian and feature with them in the World Cup. I had this argument with a Milan fan a while back, you can find all the sources I used. I think it were in the Serie A thread.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Boateng is non-EU, he was forced to give up his German citizenship in order to take the Ghanian and feature with them in the World Cup. I had this argument with a Milan fan a while back, you can find all the sources I used. I think it were in the Serie A thread.
    Oh, I didn't know that.
    Even better in this case. It shows that the loophole is there and can be used.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)