[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (91 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I said it a couple months ago and I still believe it's true. Allegri's lack of experience under pressure, even in matches against the smaller teams in the Spring, will cause Milan to falter. Leonardo will win Serie A with his hated rivals and the embarrassment for Milan will be enormous.

Milan has Palermo, Roma and Udinese away (the latter on the last day of the season) while Inter only have to worry about Milan and Napoli registered as away games.

It will come down to the wire but I can see Milan choking on the final day of the season a la Inter in 2002.
Disagree, Allegri might be inexperienced but like I said before it's not Allegri who's essential for their scudetto race, it's the bloody Zingaro that keeps them winning the games. Sure it sounds odd but Allegri isn't a tactical mastermind, if anything far from it numerous times I've seen a poor tactical aspect of his game. I can't see them choking, they have a 5 point gap.

The team that has Zingaro wins the league.
The problem and what sucks (from my perspective, of course :D) is that it's not just Zlatan anymore. All 4 attackers are doing excellent. If you noticed, Zlatan is rather average lately. Sure, he gives an occasional goal or assist, but in the last month or so it's one of Cassano, Pato or Robinho who takes the MOtM award. Even when Zlatan is average, one of those three shines and wins them points.

Well, can't say that it wasn't expected. When you have 4 terrific attackers, chances are big that at least one of them will be in great form on a matchday and win them matches, especially against average serie A teams.
I don't think Allegrri has a big say in Milan's performance. I would also partially agree with Alen about the forward line but it is not lying solely there either. The club as a whole is behind Allegri, in a way that they are giving him huge support so he won't mess up big time. Sure, we all laughed at Galliani going to make a phone call last night but most probably what he did was go down to the dressing room and give these guys a spanking, the way they came out of the dressing room and started the second half was scary.

Then you have the depth, not only in attack, in midfield as well and now all their injuries are recovering. Tiago Silva is able to move back to partner Nesta and these two were by far the best pair in the early stages of the season. They do lack wingbacks but their forwards ability to play on the sides covers pretty well for that.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Zlatan said that when he signed for Milan they promised him that they would make the team much better and invest. Since Zlatan signed, they have signed Robinho, Cassano and van Bommel. Also they got a few promising guys in Boateng and Emanuelson and I'm pretty sure they will take care of their defense for next season by signing some quality defenders. I guess Zlatan forced Milan to stop fucking around and get their shit together.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
http://palermo.theoffside.com/team-news/zamparini-an-open-letter-to-palermo-fans.html

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE FANS OF PALERMO

In these days, I’m reading various comments relative to the situation of Palermo Calcio and the sacking of its coach Rossi.

With this letter to the fans, I want to clarify, for the affection and esteem I have for them – affection and esteem that I feel has changed towards me – my thought and a few untrue images put forward by various sporting personalities and not on the policy of Palermo Calcio.

Palermo Calcio, in which over the years I’ve invested exactly €62,450,000 and secured other personal guarantees of another €21,650,000 for a total of €84,100,000, has in the last few years an equal balance between income and expenditures, despite the mounting expenses (above all in players, coaches and management wages) bringing in negative amounts of approximately €10,000,000 annually compared to revenue.

For this reason, the club’s economic policy must look to cover such liabilities with assets deriving from capital gains (net positive) for the sale of players.

For example: Cavani’s purchase price and redemption

€5,000,000 €17,000,000

Profit from the sale and redemption = €12,000,000

Hence, the club’s policy to invest in youth with great quality:

Pastore
Hernandez
Pinilla
Munoz
Garcia
Pedro
Ilicic
Bacinovic

Moreover, it’s clear that when youngsters of great quality affirm themselves as champions, they want to go to clubs that guarantee their wages 3-4 times higher than their current ones so that it is impossible to keep them.

Here, just like other clubs in Serie A, Palermo must always look for a quality replacement, conscious of having to wait for, at times and for some, complete development.

It’s clear that from the get-go the club’s policy is not (as someone writes since he doesn’t know calcio) to make money, but to balance the budget so it doesn’t fail.

I don’t know if I can recover all that I invested personally in these years when I sell Palermo, but it hasn’t been that way in the past (Venezia) and I think it won’t be that way either in Palermo: without regret, since the greatest reward for my work has been and is the affection of all of Palermo.

I tried to explain in a simple manner the policy of Palermo: in case it hadn’t been clear, I will always be available since Palermo’s budget is and always will be transparent.

Certainly, I’m saddened by some of the comments from people who also talk about my economic advantages: obviously, they don’t know me and for them I’ll always be available with my accounts straightened.

COACH MANAGEMENT

As is my nature, I give a lot and I expect a lot from my colleagues who I look for quality.

This is necessary, according to me, to keep Palermo at the current levels just behind the 3-4 big teams.

Palermo has had good coaches like Guidolin, Del Neri, Colantuono, Rossi and some others.

At Venezia, I had coaches with lesser results – Novellino, Prandelli, Ventura, Spalletti and several others.

Surely, I have many faults and among these is the lack of patience.

But I think that with Rossi, an excellent coach and teacher, and according to me, not so much a great strategist, my patience was good since, first privately and when he didn’t listen, through the media, I expressed the need for defensive solutions that do not lead to the current situation (43 goals allowed).

I made the decision to sack him because it is my duty to make decisions when it’s considered useful for the future of the team and when I lose confidence in the coach.

I may have been wrong, as I’ve already done a few time in the past, but my decision has been cool-headed and supported by documentation: I thought that Rossi had lost his drive, enthusiasm, faith in the team. He was paid very well for this: a regular employee must work 50 years to earn what Rossi earns in a year.

I hope I didn’t make a mistake as each of my decisions in the past, present and future has been, is and will always be to take Palermo higher.

For this, I always need your affection and even your criticism as long as they are true and loyal as I am.

A bit worried and hurt.

With love.

The President

Maurizio Zamparini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)