[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (90 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But this doesnt counter loaning, if they dont give an extra learning venue to play senior footie, like a Reserve league, then likely outcome is just that they will dump them on lower leagues whenever they turn 18 (essentially just 2 years earlier). Its not like they will just naturally think "oh, I should use my 18 year olds now".
You'll never counter loaning, so yes, they will go on loan at 18 rather than 20-21. That's normal and good for the development at that age. Notice how Ferrara has been picking those younger players for the Azzurrini who are playing week-in week-out even if they are on loan in C1, because those are the guys developing. Super talents will play earlier, the same as anywhere.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont mean counter loaning for the sake of it (and I agree its good if not overused), but what will happen to 18+ now? Because Making primavera U-18 (Berretta is that) is moot without having some sort of option like reserve league for U-20. Because as said, its just likely to lead to earlier loans, who are mostly used as a way to dump players you dont want to bother developing/giving a chance. So IMO even if it would be a good start, not much of a solution.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see what you're saying. A reserve league can also help with keeping a team playing with the same identity, so players can integrate better into the first team.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Forgot about this game but I'm reading that Roma are getting all the calls + DDR should of been sent off before the goal?

F*CK the FIGC and forza Moggi in the Napoli court.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Prandelli: 'Lower youth team age'
Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli has proposed a change of rules to limit the age of youth team players to 18. “Aged 20 you should be in the first team.”

Much has been said on the problems of bringing youth through the ranks to play in Serie A’s top sides and Prandelli has a new plan.

“I believe we should help young players by limiting the maximum age of the Primavera youth teams to 18,” said the Italy Coach at the opening of the Viareggio youth tournament.

“Right now there are those aged 20 or even 21 who are still in the youth teams, but at that age you should be in the first team.

“This is the path we must follow, as it’s how our lads grow and mature. We are searching far and wide across the country, as Italy does have talents aged 18 and 19 who have quality and can guarantee a bright future for the Azzurri.

“I wouldn’t dare name names now. I can instead say that it is wonderful to see Andrea Ranocchia playing with the authority of a veteran at Inter.

-------------------------

Good idea, but only really works if there is a Reserve league established, because most other countries have U-18 youth teams, but have unofficial U-20 (more like U-23) with their reserve teams. Without such option, it will prolly just been 18+ players will be dumped more quickly to Serie D-B level then play for the first team.
All this will do is just increase the number of loans.

And since we all know the most important facet of development is going on loan, or err, playing a few matches here and there, then great!

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15,252
    Roma got their confidence again. Pizarro is playing again (as he had fights with Ranieri) and he's controlling their midfield, much bigger impact than De Rossi.

Wonderful regista.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)