[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I guess Milan and Napoli (in less degree) are too dependent on one player...
Sooner or later, they are gonna go down.
I don't agree, Napoli and Milan's strongest trump is their mentality and it's a few players in their team that does the job but before these players do the job it is an extremely strong team mentality doing all the work. For them to go down it requires more than losing their key players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I don't agree, Napoli and Milan's strongest trump is their mentality and it's a few players in their team that does the job but before these players do the job it is an extremely strong team mentality doing all the work. For them to go down it requires more than losing their key players.
I don't watch Napoli to be honest... But I don't think Milan are that strong mentally!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I guess Milan and Napoli (in less degree) are too dependent on one player...
Sooner or later, they are gonna go down.
Aren't Juve dependent on 2-3 players as well (Chielini, Krasic, Aquilani)?

All good teams, bar the Barca's and Madrid's, rely on a couple of players to do the outstanding. The difference is in the strength of the rest of the squad.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Aren't Juve dependent on 2-3 players as well (Chielini, Krasic, Aquilani)?

All good teams, bar the Barca's and Madrid's, rely on a couple of players to do the outstanding. The difference is in the strength of the rest of the squad.
We can add Melo as well.
But for Milan, It's mainly Ibra... For Napoli it's Cavani & Hamsik...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We can add Melo as well.
But for Milan, It's mainly Ibra... For Napoli it's Cavani & Hamsik...
I wouldn't say Melo. He's more of a strong squad player, based on the differences between this year and last year I'd say Aquilani is far more important to his play than he is. Think about it this way.

Without Aquilani, what is Melo? Without Krasic, what is the attack? Without Chielini, what is the defense?

As for Milan, I'd say it's Tiago Silva, Pato, and Ibra.

Napoli are definitely a two man team.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Lazio Coach Edy Reja blasted his players for complaining about his decisions. “Everyone is equal and we work for the good of the team.”

The 3-2 victory over Udinese was secured after Mauro Zarate had stormed off following his substitution.

There are also reports that Alvaro Gonzalez refused to come off the bench in the final minutes and had to be coaxed into making an appearance.

“I am the Coach and I make the decisions,” warned Reja. “There are no phenomenons here.

“Either we understand that everyone is equal and has to accept the decisions for the good of the team, or we run into trouble.

“If people start acting unhappy, then we risk seeing everything collapse. After all, that’s what happened last season.”

FI.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Lavezzi is the reason Napoli are so far in the table, Cavani just scores the goals. Hamsik without Lavezzi seems to play better though.
Some of the goals scored by Cavani are completely by his own, either due to his amazing shooting or created by himself. He also made 3 assists in Serie A and 3 in Europa League.
Also Cavani is very good at creating space for his teammates through his tireless running. Because of that, Lavezzi got a lot of opportunities to score, too, but Lavezzi's shooting is so bad. Cavani also defends many times in Napoli's area saving them various times from the opponents' golden opportunities.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wouldn't say Melo. He's more of a strong squad player, based on the differences between this year and last year I'd say Aquilani is far more important to his play than he is. Think about it this way.

Without Aquilani, what is Melo? Without Krasic, what is the attack? Without Chielini, what is the defense?

As for Milan, I'd say it's Tiago Silva, Pato, and Ibra.

Napoli are definitely a two man team.
Melo is definitely still Melo without Aquilani. The way the Brazilian has bossed the midfield, both in positioning and in winning the ball, has been crucial to our current run. Aqui started off well but now he's trended into a slump, but despite that we're still gaining points. Without Felipe we really have no organization in front of the defense so I consider his play very important.

So basically, we're a four man team. :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aquilani needs the winter break.

He's playing with minor niggling injuries, I believe, and he is not accustomed to such a long run of playing every week, so has looked tired in recent weeks, but other injuries/suspensions have meant Juve needed to keep playing him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But that's the thing with Aquilani. He's only had one competition to deal with. I'm very glad he's made it through the first half virtually unscathed, but what will happen if/when we have the league and the CL to worry about?

It would be very prudent for Marotta to go after a Pizarro or someone similar in the summer.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He should get up to a more acceptable level of fitness in the coming months, if he stays injury free.

This must be the first time in at least 18 months that he has played a long run of games, so one has to make allowances just now.

Juve certainly need another quality midfielder of some sort, whether it should be a pure playmaker like Pizarro is debatable.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10,258
    Aquilani needs the winter break.

He's playing with minor niggling injuries, I believe, and he is not accustomed to such a long run of playing every week, so has looked tired in recent weeks, but other injuries/suspensions have meant Juve needed to keep playing him.
    I agree. We had to play him.

Aquilani's stamina level is far from bad as mentioned earlier.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    :agree: Totally agree with that

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)