[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Big deal if they had already qualified - Madrid were already through - they only won a moderate 4-0 - No excuse - at home infront of your own fans you must win - These are professional sportsmen who never play to lose

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Winning provides them with some sort of bonus but apart from that it should mean something to you if you're a pro winning should be more or less your second nature.

Milan will probably enjoy their Zlatanism for the coming years, if Zlatan picks up an injury they're doomed.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Big deal if they had already qualified - Madrid were already through - they only won a moderate 4-0 - No excuse - at home infront of your own fans you must win - These are professional sportsmen who never play to lose
Winning provides them with some sort of bonus but apart from that it should mean something to you if you're a pro winning should be more or less your second nature.

Milan will probably enjoy their Zlatanism for the coming years, if Zlatan picks up an injury they're doomed.
Exactly my point.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
When did you start watching Italian football?
Milan have been doing this for ages. Take a look:

2010/11 - They didn't need any points in the last round ---- lost 0:2 to Ajax in Milano
2009/10 - Didn't need pts because Real was beating Marseille in the last round ----- 1:1 with Zurich in Zurich
2008/09 - didn't play CL :seven:
2007/08- Needed a win to secure the 1st place --- 4:1 against Shakhtar
2006/07- Had the 1st place already secured ---- lost 0:1 to Lille in Milano --- won CL in the end.
2005/06 - Had to win ---- 3:2 against Schalke
2004/05 - Needed a point to secure 1st place ---- 0:0 against Celtic
2003/04 - Had the 1st place secured ---- lost 1:2 to Celta in Milano.

If I go further back you'll get the same results. This was the 3rd time in the last 7 years for Milan in Europe when they didn't need any points at all in the last round and they lost the match (at home, even more).
Milan and the Italian teams in general never ever play to win or even draw if they don't need the points. This attitude partly contributes to losing a CL spot.

juve2

Apr 16, 2010
Andjelkovic: 'I'll be Palermo's Chiellini'

Sinisa Andjelkovic has promised to be Palermo's very own Giorgio Chiellini when he arrives at Palermo in January.

Earlier this week, Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini announced his signing from Maribor in anticipation of the transfer window reopening.

The 24-year-old centre-back is the third Slovenian player from Maribor to join Palermo in little over four months after Josip Ilicic and Armin Bacinovic.

Interviewed in La Gazzetta dello Sport, he said: “My idol is Chiellini. Clearly I am not saying that I am like him, but I would like to get to his level one day in the future.

“For me Palermo are like Juventus. They are a great team. I will follow Delio Rossi's instructions. Josip and Armin have told me that he is a real maestro of football.

“Javier Pastore impressed me in Maribor. He put Abel Hernandez through on many occasions with an incredible ease. I also like Fabrizio Miccoli's style of play a lot. It's fun.

“With players of this nature, I think that the team can also fight to be in the Champions League.

------------------
This is the 3rd slovenian in Palermo + they will buy Kurtič in january. I think I have no choice but to wish all the best for Palermo this year (except against Juve of course).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Andjelkovic: 'I'll be Palermo's Chiellini'

Sinisa Andjelkovic has promised to be Palermo's very own Giorgio Chiellini when he arrives at Palermo in January.

Earlier this week, Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini announced his signing from Maribor in anticipation of the transfer window reopening.

The 24-year-old centre-back is the third Slovenian player from Maribor to join Palermo in little over four months after Josip Ilicic and Armin Bacinovic.

Interviewed in La Gazzetta dello Sport, he said: “My idol is Chiellini. Clearly I am not saying that I am like him, but I would like to get to his level one day in the future.

“For me Palermo are like Juventus. They are a great team. I will follow Delio Rossi's instructions. Josip and Armin have told me that he is a real maestro of football.

“Javier Pastore impressed me in Maribor. He put Abel Hernandez through on many occasions with an incredible ease. I also like Fabrizio Miccoli's style of play a lot. It's fun.

“With players of this nature, I think that the team can also fight to be in the Champions League.

------------------
This is the 3rd slovenian in Palermo + they will buy Kurtič in january. I think I have no choice but to wish all the best for Palermo this year (except against Juve of course).
Chiellini is only 17 months older than this guy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)