[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ya, on current form Busquets is deservedly starting ahead of Mascherano too. He'd start not because of his name, but because ability wise, he is a lot better than all of Juve's central mids, and theres a bigger possibility that he would play better than them
Good. So we agree that right now, he is not playing better than our midfielders and wouldn't improve the midfield.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya like we agree that right now Abou Diaby is playing better than De Rossi too, doesn't mean i'd think twice about shipping Diaby's arse back to France if we got the chance to sign De Rossi.

Point is, its only barely been a couple of months into the season. Melo/Marchisio having better seasons up to this point than De Rossi means very little in the general scheme of things.

I hate to use the old cliche "form is temporary, class is permanent", but in this case it is very applicable.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't know about Diaby, but De Rossi has been cack for a long time now. If you wanna know how long, ask Dusan :tongue:

But the main point is, Roma's midfield is not better than ours. Geez, they barely even have a midfield these days.

P.S. Their best performance of the season was without DDR :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
De Rossi has been especially cack this season though. He has been off form for a couple of years true, but this season he has been quite poor in some of the games i've watched.

Last season he wasn't on form, but he was definitely better than both Melo and Marchisio thats for sure.

Personnel wise or on paper Roma's midfield is better than Juve's, whether they function better as a unit is up for debate, especially this season.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You're thinking about 2 good players in their midfield, Pizarro and DDR. And Pizarro, yeah he would start for us, but he is a bit overrated here. What about the rest of theirs versus ours?

Krasic--Melo--Aqua--Marchisio

Taddei--Pizarro--DDR--Brighi

On paper, we win. In reality, we win.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You're thinking about 2 good players in their midfield, Pizarro and DDR. And Pizarro, yeah he would start for us, but he is a bit overrated here. What about the rest of theirs versus ours?

Krasic--Melo--Aqua--Marchisio

Taddei--Pizarro--DDR--Brighi

On paper, we win. In reality, we win.

Menez starts for them a lot more than Taddei and Brighi do mind you. Also you're forgetting Perrotta.

If we were to make a four man midfield of Juventus and Roma, personally i'd go for De Rossi and Pizarro as central mids, with Krasic and Menez on the wings.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Its quite close, but like i said, if i had to choose a four man midfield, only Krasic would make it from Juve. I don't think any of Juve's central mids are as good as Pizarro and De Rossi. You can make an argument for an on form Melo, but then again, how often do you see an in form Melo. He hasn't performed consistently enough for Juve, even though he has had a good start to this season.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Pizzaro is an outrageously good player.

I would argue he was the best midfielder in Serie A last season.
:agree:

I've found that he's very underrated over here, he's very good distributing and controlling in midfield, his passing is top notch and he's no slouch defending either.

He's been Roma's big man in midfield for a while. Marvelous player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)