[ITA] Serie A 2008/2009 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Serie B: Lecce back in Serie A!
Sunday 15 June, 2008

Lecce are celebrating their return to Serie A after defeating Albinoleffe 2-1 on aggregate in the promotion play-offs.

The Salentini had been out of the top flight since their relegation in 2006 and seemed to be out of the running this time around before a late surge.

They had already won the first leg 1-0 in Bergamo and it proved decisive as they drew 1-1 in front of ecstatic home fans at the Stadio Via del Mare.

It took eight minutes to break through, as Elvis Abbruscato smashed in an angled drive from Simone Tiribocchi’s through ball.

Polenghi had a couple of dangerous headers for the home side, but Albinoleffe got back into it 13 minutes from time with Francesco Ruopolo spinning round his marker to sweep home.

With this situation, a 2-1 victory for Leffe would see them promoted on the away goals rule. Benussi rushed out to close down Ferrari and a scuffle broke out as the tension sky-rocketed.

The Giallorossi have made defence their greatest strength in this campaign and clammed up to protect the advantage until the final whistle.

Lecce 1-1 Albinoleffe (2-1 on agg)
Scorers: Abbruscato 8 (L), Ruopolo 73 (A)
Lecce: Benussi; Diamoutene, Fabiano, Polenghi; Angelo, Munari, Zanchetta (Vives 70), Ardito, Ariatti; Tiribocchi (Valdes 78), Abbruscato
Albinoleffe: Marchetti; Perico, Conteh, Gervasoni, Peluso; Madonna, Del Prato, Carobbio, Cristiano; Cellini (Ferrari 58); Ruopolo (Colacone 78)
Ref: Morganti
Attendance: 29,000

So its Chievo, Bologna and Lecce back in the top flight

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I dont mind Chievo, we never lose to them.
The reason I hate them is because they have really no fan base, as described in the amazing book A Season With Verona. Tim Parks the author paints the true picture about football support in Verona in his book.

Screw Chievo... they're tools.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Leffe? :lick:

Blond or Brun?
Has to be blond.

The reason I hate them is because they have really no fan base, as described in the amazing book A Season With Verona. Tim Parks the author paints the true picture about football support in Verona in his book.

Screw Chievo... they're tools.
Aye, I hate pishy wee teams with no fans that com up through the leagues.

We've had few in Scotland. Fortunately they have returned to the abyss of the lower leagues so I no longer have to watch them.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Barca: Take Dinho, Deco and Eto'o
Tuesday 17 June, 2008

Serie A sides are on full alert after new Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola confirmed Deco, Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are for sale.

“With the technical secretary we are forming a squad and Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o are not in our minds," said Guardiola, who takes over from Frank Rijkaard.

This is of great interest to several Italian clubs, above all Milan, Inter and Juventus.

The Rossoneri had agreed a deal with Dinho, but baulked at the price-tag and now he seems closer to a world record-breaking contract with David Beckham’s club LA Galaxy.

"If he had the desire, if he felt he could once again become the player he once was, maybe we could think about it," added Guardiola.

"But the situation has deteriorated and the solution is to build a strong dressing room."

Milan also made a bid for Cameroon international hitman Eto’o, though Inter are tracking the striker too.

Deco has already said publicly that he is torn between reuniting with his former tacticians, Jose Mourinho at Inter or Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea.

The warning to Juventus also came from Guardiola, who spent a portion of his career in Italy with Brescia.

It has been repeatedly claimed over the past few days that Barca are making a firm bid to take David Trezeguet to Spain.

" The priority is a No 9, we need one to complement Henry and Bojan. I want the three to feel like first-team starters."

It would be a curious reunion considering the partnership of Thierry Henry and Trezeguet was often shot down by France boss Raymond Domenech.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun17r.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)