[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
what is going on here?we are setting a bad example to the rest of the forum with all this respectfully disagreeing. don't you know we are supposed to trade insult, call each others footballing knowledge into doubt as well as our parentage? all this agreeing to disagree cannot continue, i may have to delete these last few posts

:heart:
:lol: :heart:

hahah , :lol2:
Poor Tore . :D
:heart:

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Parma's May 5, 2002 secret
Wednesday 14 May, 2008

Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has a secret weapon to defeat Inter – a man who already ended their Scudetto hopes on May 5, 2002.

The Gialloblu must win on Sunday to have any chance of staying in Serie A, but the Nerazzurri know a victory will seal the title, so it’s set to be a battle royal at the Tardini.

Ghirardi sacked Coach Hector Cuper this week – who was on the Inter bench that infamous May 5 when Lazio won 4-2 to hand the title to Juventus.

“I did it to improve the psychological approach of the squad. This is one of those games that is played with your head more than your feet, so I tried to give them that decisive shock to the system.”

Yet it is not new Coach Andrea Manzo who is the secret weapon at Ghirardi’s disposal, but rather one of his players.

“I am thinking of Fernando Couto,” smiled the patron. “He is coming back after a long ban, he is fresh and rested, has a great deal of experience and of course was playing for Lazio against Inter on May 5, 2002.

“So I am focused on him as the Man of the Match, for superstitious reasons as much as anything else…”

Couto is also eager for revenge after his controversial dismissal and penalty for a handling offence in the 3-2 defeat at San Siro earlier this season.

“What odds to Parma have of winning? I’d say 50 per cent,” continued Ghirardi. “Tactics count, but the difference is made psychologically in a game like this. We may be desperate, but Inter aren’t in much better shape…”

The Nerazzurri have been expected to seal the Scudetto for several weeks now, but a defeat to Milan and 2-2 draw with Siena postponed the party so Roma are only one point adrift.

“I will be at the training ground every day this week to follow the team. I have decided it is better not to put them in a pre-match training camp, though, as I don’t want to put too much pressure on the players.”

Channel4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Inter Fans To Also Be Banned

Inter fans are likely to be banned from traveling to Parma on Sunday following an emergency meeting in the Italian parliament.

On Tuesday, officials from the Italian home office ruled that Roma fans travelling to Catania were likely to cause tension and so Giallorossi tifosi were banned from going to Sicily.

Roma were furious with the decision, as was Lega Calcio chief Antonio Matarrese who said it was unfair to ban one side and not the other.

On Wednesday a meeting was held and the Italian home office decided that the game between Inter and Parma was also likely to cause trouble amongst rival fans and it is now probable that Nerazzurri fans will be banned from their game as well.

The decision has not been given the rubber stamp yet, but reports in Italy suggest that it will be made official on Thursday morning and so the chances of Inter fans being banned are more than likely.

Sunday sees the Serie A season come to a close. There will be plenty at stake for both Inter and Roma as well as Parma and Catania. The top two are fighting for the Scudetto, whilst down at the other end, the Gialloblu and Rossoblu are battling relegation.

No doubt both games will be filled with tension and it's no surprise that fans have been banned from travelling, with risk of violence from the unsuccessful team's fans quite probable.

goal.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Inter fans banned from Parma
Thursday 15 May, 2008

It has been confirmed that Inter fans will not be allowed to travel to Parma’s Stadio Tardini for the Nerazzurri’s Scudetto decider this weekend.

The title race has gone to the wire and will be decided this Sunday, but the top two are both away from home for their all-important final games.

The initial decision from the Osservatorio – a task force set up to stem football-related violence – was that Inter supporters would be allowed to follow their side to Parma, while Roma fans were banned from visiting Catania.

Police in Sicily had feared the possibility of violent clashes should Giallorossi tifosi pour into Catania and felt they should put safety first, while such concerns weren’t voiced in Emilia-Romagna.

However, this ruling provoked outrage in the peninsula as many saw it as an unfair advantage for the leaders.

After reviewing the situation, Parma police chief Paolo Scarpis has announced that there will be no away fans at the Stadio Tardini on Sunday.

“I had no doubt that the fans of Parma and Inter are well behaved but I have to declare that the away end will be closed to Nerazzurri Ultras and that the tickets will be given to school children or sold to the local public,” he stated.

“Furthermore, the indication from Rome’s police that Giallorossi fans could arrive has increased the possible danger.

“The forces of law and order in our city will be in a position to control the situation and it is our duty to prevent any possible damage to the city. I hope that Sunday is a festival of sport whatever the final score is.”

While there can be no more accusations of favouritism, there is likely to be widespread disappointment that fans will have to watch the finale of an epic title race on TV.

Football Italia

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Parma's May 5, 2002 secret
Wednesday 14 May, 2008

Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has a secret weapon to defeat Inter – a man who already ended their Scudetto hopes on May 5, 2002.

Yet it is not new Coach Andrea Manzo who is the secret weapon at Ghirardi’s disposal, but rather one of his players.

“I am thinking of Fernando Couto,” smiled the patron. “He is coming back after a long ban, he is fresh and rested, has a great deal of experience and of course was playing for Lazio against Inter on May 5, 2002.

“So I am focused on him as the Man of the Match, for superstitious reasons as much as anything else…”

Couto is also eager for revenge after his controversial dismissal and penalty for a handling offence in the 3-2 defeat at San Siro earlier this season.

“What odds to Parma have of winning? I’d say 50 per cent,” continued Ghirardi. “Tactics count, but the difference is made psychologically in a game like this. We may be desperate, but Inter aren’t in much better shape…”

Channel4

Why do people have to talk too much, giving stories and scenarios for what will happen? Just let the players do their thing. As much as i want parma to win (to stay in serie A) and inter to lose, i know that they will lose this game or best they will draw. Either way their playing in serie B next season ..........

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I had the pleasure to be in Rome in last 18 days and to watch last round matches together with Roma fans.
You can only imagine the reactions when Siena scored their goals, when Materazzi missed the penalty and at the final whistle in Milano.

Now forza Del Piero& Trez, forza Parma and forza Fiorentina.

Renaissance

May 15, 2007
I had the pleasure to be in Rome in last 18 days and to watch last round matches together with Roma fans.
You can only imagine the reactions when Siena scored their goals, when Materazzi missed the penalty and at the final whistle in Milano.

Now forza Del Piero& Trez, forza Parma and forza Fiorentina.

:disagree:

Forza Milan.. They will win for Juve in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)