[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (22 Viewers)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
It's not only Brescia. We rarely convinced this season. That was often enough covered by free kicks or long range shots that gave us the win.

I have faith in facts ;)

Honestly, I think you are far to optimistic. Let's look at the case.

We lost:

Zambrotta
Thuram
Cannavaro
Ibra
Vieira
Emerson
Mutu

Only Mutu cannot be called a starting player. That means we need to buy two top midfielders, two top central defenders, one top striker and one top full-back to cover the losses in the starting eleven. That's not going to happen. I think we need at least one top midfielder, a top and a good central defender and a good striker (for example Pizarro) to finish within the top 4. Don't underestimate teams like Fiorentina or Roma. It will be tough to be better than them next season.

I'm not talking about relegation. We are Juventus not Ascoli ;) I just think that we won't be back to normal within our first season in SerieA.
Yeah I concur but.. Ibra, Emerson and.. I know people won't take this opinion lightly Zambrotta wasn't that good for Juventus this past season still we won the Scudetti (fair or not, aint gonna go in on that). Plus I'm really starting to doubt the quality these days of Emerson, Thuram and Rambo (all respect to him, he was mr. consistent for a lot of years in Juventus).

So.. We got Salihamidzic, who plays a fantastic attacking full back. We got Bojinov (for now anyways) who for sure can fill Ibra's boots the way he played last year. Nedved can fill in as an AMC instead of one of our last years DMs but we need a new ballwinner and a new winger.

So perhaps
Bojinov Trezeguet
winger Nedved dmc Camoranesi
Chiellini cb cb Salihamidzic/Grygera
Buffon

could be enough, but we would need pretty much instant chemistry fpr winning the title with that. And I'm pretty sure we won't keep all the current starters.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Yeah I concur but.. Ibra, Emerson and.. I know people won't take this opinion lightly Zambrotta wasn't that good for Juventus this past season still we won the Scudetti (fair or not, aint gonna go in on that). Plus I'm really starting to doubt the quality these days of Emerson, Thuram and Rambo (all respect to him, he was mr. consistent for a lot of years in Juventus).

So.. We got Salihamidzic, who plays a fantastic attacking full back. We got Bojinov (for now anyways) who for sure can fill Ibra's boots the way he played last year. Nedved can fill in as an AMC instead of one of our last years DMs but we need a new ballwinner and a new winger.

So perhaps
Bojinov Trezeguet
winger Nedved dmc Camoranesi
Chiellini cb cb Salihamidzic/Grygera
Buffon

could be enough, but we would need pretty much instant chemistry fpr winning the title with that. And I'm pretty sure we won't keep all the current starters.
If that team comes 10th in serieA, i will be very surprised. We would need a lot more than what you have suggested to make any impact in serieA. Referees and others will be gunning for us so we have to have world class talent not just above average players and players that are past it to pull us through. I have seen Bojinov lots of times, and i have to be honest, i do not see what the big deal is. Chiellini has never impressed me at left wing as i think he is a central defender, Salihimidic is just above average and his injury record is bad. Nedved , I cannot see shining at the top level consistently. Camoranesi is just mad. No, we will need a lot more than these players

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If not Bojinov, then Del Piero or perhaps Miccoli. And I am sure Nedved would do well in that position, he still got great passes and great shots. I disagree on the Chiellini part as well, I think he is performed better than Zambrotta last season.

*shaking the magic box, throwing whatever names that comes out into the blanks*

Bojinov/Miccoli/DP Trezeguet
Malouda Nedved Makoun Camoranesi
Chiellini Cannavaro Perea Salihamidzic/Grygera
Buffon

I really dont think thats a jumbo team. It could be way better than Lazio and Palermo.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
If that team comes 10th in serie A, i will be very surprised. We would need a lot more than what you have suggested to make any impact in serieA. Referees and others will be gunning for us so we have to have world class talent not just above average players and players that are past it to pull us through. I have seen Bojinov lots of times, and i have to be honest, i do not see what the big deal is. Chiellini has never impressed me at left wing as i think he is a central defender, Salihimidic is just above average and his injury record is bad. Nedved , I cannot see shining at the top level consistently. Camoranesi is just mad. No, we will need a lot more than these players
You said it Denco - Referees and others will be gunning for us - that's the real reason, Juve will not do as well as we would like. It's inter's centenary coming up & moratti won't let anyone else win - especially Juve! ......And I bet Galliani was given a reduction in his suspension to join him in preventing Juve being successful.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
You said it Denco - Referees and others will be gunning for us - that's the real reason, Juve will not do as well as we would like. It's inter's centenary coming up & moratti won't let anyone else win - especially Juve! ......And I bet Galliani was given a reduction in his suspension to join him in preventing Juve being successful.
I'm not so sure of that. I'm sure most referees agree we've served our penalty. Not to mention that it is a totally new Juventus coming back to Serie A.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I'm not so sure of that. I'm sure most referees agree we've served our penalty. Not to mention that it is a totally new Juventus coming back to Serie A.
Yes, we will have paid our penalty, but the situation won't change. Calciopoli was nothing but a facade to change things in favour of inter. guido rossi did that by putting a lot of interesti in place. As Denco stated "referees and others" and these "others" will see to it that referees will not change their anti-Juve stance.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah, let´s bring Moggi back. :faq1: What the hell are you talking about ? Nobody will negotiate with him, the players and technical staff of other clubs consider him as a cheater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)