[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (113 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I didn't manage to find anything about mancini being sent off, but I did find these on goal.com: -
03/03/2007 18.58
Moratti Upset About Maicon Expulsion

The Brazilian will be forced to skip the derby against Milan.

Inter president Massimo Moratti was unable to enjoy the victory over Livorno, because the way Maicon was sent off in the end of the match left a sour taste in his mouth. The Brazilian will now be forced to skip the derby match against Milan.
This is what the Nerazzurri president had to say: "At the time I was very angry, and now too. It seemed like a very rushed decision by the referee, even though I'm trying to understand why it happened. I'm disappointed that Maicon will be forced to miss the derby because of all this."

Moratti then commented on the game against the Tuscan side: "It was a battling game, in that sense it was an excellent preparation for Tuesday's game. We are playing an excellent championship, the lead is growing and that is always a good thing. It would be disappointing to go out of the Champions League now that we have such a big lead in Serie A."
03/03/2007 18.17
Moratti Denies Adriano-Mancini Rift According to rumours in Italy, the Brazilian striker once again had a row with Mancini following another late night out.

President Massimo Moratti has come out to stop the umpteenth Adriano case from exploding as he defended his player from the insinuations that he is yet again at odds with Coach Roberto Mancini.

"With the coach there's no problem," pointed out Moratti. "Adriano must only prove that he has recovered his physical condition, if he will do so, I think that he will be able to play on Tuesday at Valencia."

It's difficult to understand whether Moratti is just trying to cover up a potential delicate situation ahead of the vital Champions League clash against Valencia, but everything seems to be pointing towards Adriano leaving the Nerazzurri this summer, with many European clubs ready to sign the Emperor.

In the meantime Inter managed to beat Livorno to return to winning ways in Serie A even without the help of Adriano, which is further confirmation that the Nerazzurri and Mancini do not need the Brazilian player.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
The Nerazzurri had Douglas Maicon dismissed for sarcastically applauding the referee and a couple of minutes later the Coach followed, apparently for dissent, in the 2-1 victory at Livorno.

“I don’t know what Maicon did,” noted assistant manager Mihajlovic. “I can only say that Mancini went to the referee to ask for an explanation and tell the players how to rearrange themselves on the field. He said nothing bad.

“If the red card was given because he left the technical area, then I consider that a very severe decision.”

It’s one that could have major repercussions, as Mancini is now expected to be suspended for next Sunday’s Milan derby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)