[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (106 Viewers)

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
More injuries for Milan. Dida is out for a month or even more plus inzaghi could be out of the Celtic match. Good thing they got Storari but they only have Olivera and Gila for the CL match right now.

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
we need to start Storari more often hes too good to just sit on the bench, Roni needs to start to score goals and get back in form. Gourcuff needs to start hes a good young prospect he needs match time we need to stop the rot now before it spreads!

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Serie A Week 22 - 2/2/07 (17.00 UK)

Catania - Palermo

Stadio Massimino

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the bitterest derbies in Serie A will be played on Friday at the Stadio Angelo Massimino. The all Sicilian affair between Catania and Palermo has been re-scheduled at the request of the local council, since a Sunday kick-off would clash with traditional celebrations in honour of Catania’s patron Saint, Agatha.

The Elefanti’s faithful will surely offer up many prayers asking to avoid a repeat of the 5-3 humiliation they suffered when they travelled to Palermo. In their last game however, the home side won an important away point at Atalanta. They were out played but fought on until substitute Takayuki Morimoto, just 18, took just four minutes to score his first Serie A goal and force a draw.

Coach Pasquale Marino was without several key players when his side made their long trip north and he will want to give the home fans something to celebrate come Friday night. Fifth place and 30 points may be much more than most expected from Catania when the season began but that will not stop the side from dreaming about European football next term, a dream that will be that little bit more real if they can get something out of this game against Palermo.

Left-back Juan Manuel Vargas was booked in the last game and will be suspended for one match, Gorgio Lucenti may be called in to cover for him. Ghanaian Mark Edusei will probably be welcomed back into midfield in place of Mariano Izco who played against Atalanta. In attack, Fausto Rossini was ineffective against his old club last game, and he now looks destined for the bench, with Giuesppe Mascara and Giorgio Corona likely to be the two leading the line.

The away side were utterly beaten by a rampant Lazio last time out. With that result they not only lost the opportunity to put some more points on the board, they also lost a big match against a direct rival for a Champions League spot. It was a heavy home defeat for the Rosanero and Coach Francesco Guidolin will most certainly not want it to be a sign of things to come. It was defensive lapses more than anything that cost his side and he will want to sort them out as soon as possible.

For the moment there look like being no changes to the 11 that lost against Lazio, the lack of depth in Palermo’s squad is becoming more and more evident as the season wears on. It is true that the side has suffered some big injury blows, notably the one to in-form Amauri, but their back-ups have not been good enough and as a result they have lost touch with the leaders. Fabio Simplicio and Mark Bresciano are the world class elements of the side and it is mostly up to them, along with Eugenio Corini and David Di Michele, to help the Rosanero find their rhythm again.

Man on fire: Fabio Caserta (Catania) – The midfielder is in excellent form working astonishingly hard and never giving up. He breaks up play brilliantly and his vision is of the highest order.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Catania (W L L W D) Palermo (W D W D L)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catania (probable): Pantanelli; Silvestri, Sottil, Stovini, Lucenti; Baiocco, Caserta, Edusei, Colucci; Corona, Mascara

Palermo (probable): Fontana; Cassani, Zaccardo, Barzagli, Pisano; Guana, Corini, Simplicio, Bresciano; Di Michele, Caracciolo

Channel 4

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Thank you very much!! :pint:

I don't stream because I at any cost want to avoid getting viruses on my PC. I have important documents lying around, like poems that haven't been typed on my website. :)

Edit: I have a strange feeling Mascara will decide this match in the second half...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)