[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (109 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Anything is believable now. None would have expected us (Serie A Champions) to end in Serie B. :frown:
true u r right, but who would've thought teams like catania are actually competeing for a place in the champions league and teams like milan are trying to survive. it is really sad to see teams with accomplishments sink the way it is this season. nothing beats inter being the top contenders for this title, this is the joke of the year!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
channel4.net
'Dinho to be Inter's Ron revenge?
Sunday 28 January, 2007
Spanish and Italian newspapers claim Massimo Moratti will avenge Ronaldo by snatching Ronaldinho from under Milan’s noses in a £100m deal!

The Inter patron has made no secret of his anger and disappointment at Il Fenomeno’s decision to join their arch rivals on the other side of the San Siro.

Now, according to both ‘As’ and the ‘Corriere dello Sport’, he is set to wreak vicious revenge on the transfer market by making a firm bid for Milan’s number one summer target.

The Rossoneri have been gradually courting the former FIFA World Player of the Year for several seasons and it was even suggested they signed Ricardo Oliveira – whose agent is Ronaldinho’s brother – purely as a sweetener for that move.

Gaucho’s time at Barca could be at an end after Vice-President Ferran Soriano assured contract renegotiations were “not an urgent matter and will not be discussed for some time” because it doesn’t expire until 2010.

‘As’ also quotes a source close to the Spanish side. “Ronaldinho is the best player we have, but he’s not the only one able to generate enthusiasm.”

While Milan and Chelsea have until now been the only likely contenders for the £65m buy-out clause, the Ronaldo saga has prompted Moratti to join the fray.

It has already been rumoured that the oil baron will prepare a huge transfer bonanza to celebrate Inter’s centenary on March 9, 2008 and Ronaldinho would be a fitting gift for the fans.

With his wages on top of the fee, it would come out as a £100m deal – but Moratti is already accustomed to shattering transfer records.

Meanwhile, the Nerazzurri continue to react to Il Fenomeno’s ‘betrayal’ and image consultant Oliviero Toscani had a unique approach.

“Ronaldo is our Trojan Horse inside the Milan gates, not a world bargain!” said the man who created the iconic Benetton advertisements.

“From his stomach an army of Interisti will pour out and you’ll see what they’ll do to the Rossoneri. It’s a bargain alright, but for Inter. They’d already tried with Christian Vieri, but that was a dress rehearsal. This time we sent them a bigger horse.”
Just a rumour? Would sure be a bitch if it actually happened. I like the last line. :D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Bisco said:
true u r right, but who would've thought teams like catania are actually competeing for a place in the champions league and teams like milan are trying to survive. it is really sad to see teams with accomplishments sink the way it is this season. nothing beats inter being the top contenders for this title, this is the joke of the year!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
The entire season has been turning upside down since the Calciopoli. But in my opinion there are several reasons; the demotion of Juve, the departure of Sheva and Milan didn't find a replacement (till they signed ronaldo), the 19 points deduction to Fiorentina and the inconistency of Roma so far this season.

peckface said:
Just a rumour? Would sure be a bitch if it actually happened. I like the last line. :D
Who knows? :smoke:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Even less chance to see Inter lose points now that Sampdoria is down to 10 men because of this stupid Delvecchio and before anyone starts talking crap: The red card was deserved.
My only hope is that Inter loses a player, too. Dammit, why do I still watch Inter win? Too much useless anger :(. This SerieA season is just ridiculous!

Jun 18, 2005
What boring games we had today? I watched some Roma-Siena - it was boring as hell. Not many goals, yesterday was more exciting, although I did not like Lazio beating Palermo :(.
How exactly was Roma-Siena boring as hell ?

Siena did very well, they should've taken the lead if not for a spectacular save from Doni to deny Frick on the volley, and even when Roma took the lead Siena still created a couple of excellent opportunities. It was a close match.

Since when did the number of goals become a measure stick of quality ? If that was the case, I recommend the Eredivisie if you like goals aplenty !

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
How Delvecchio could be protesting against decision to be sent off boggles the mind does it not? Sometimes it might be better if we go back to premedevial days were barbarism was allowed as he deserved to be caned repeatedly by his manager. What an act of sheer stupidity, i am not sure why Materazzi was booked though. He is having a very colourful 10 months or so.
Lazio are very boring to watch, almost all their players are not easy on the eye and their football is dire. They do work very hard in the midfield though but a far cry of lazio of yesteryear. Milan is another club which you now need caffeine to watch, they are now so slow and methodical and I am not sure why Ancelotti feels he has to play both Brocchi and Gatusso in the same team. I still feel their purchases down the years have been very poor and unnecessary.
Palermo, though have the prize for worst striker in serieA in Caracciolo. He does look a bit like Pauletta and plays like Pauletta, whenever Pauletta plays in a big tournament for Portugal without the movement.
At this point in time they are in dire trouble with him as their main striker, not sure why they allowed Di Vaio to go to Genoa, same goes for most serieA teams to be honest, but in Palermo's case, it may be because of Guidollin's relationship with DV at Monaco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that he dreams of one day sitting on the Azzurri bench.

The Rossonero, who is contracted to the Via Turati club until 2008, endured a difficult start to the season and was paired with an exit in June.

The San Siro outfit has now managed to return to winning ways and are only three points shy of a Champions League spot.

“I hope I can someday Coach the Azzurri, I would enjoy a spell with the Nazionale,” said Ancelotti to Radio Anch'io Sport on Monday.

“I know it might not sound nice, because Roberto Donadoni is a friend of mine, but this is a dream I have,” continued the former midfielder.

“In any case, I hope Donadoni does well in the next European Championship and the 2010 World Cup.”

The tactician then moved on to comment on Ronaldo’s likely arrival, as Adriano Galliani will fly to Madrid on Monday to finalise the details of the Brazilian’s transfer.

“Ronaldo fat? I don’t think so, he is just sturdy and has an imposing figure. He is very motivated and I think he has proved that by choosing to come here even if he might earn less.
“He’s a great striker and is very fast. He hasn’t trained much after being dropped at Real Madrid, but he remains an excellent player, who scored almost 100 goals with the Merengues in five years.”

The Coach is also aware that achieving Champions League qualification is the club’s primary objective, although it will not be an easy target to reach.

“The Champions League has always been important for us and it is even more so this year, also from an economical point of view,” he said.

“We are struggling and are not at our best, due to the summer scanal. We had to change our plans and this has caused many injuries, which did not allow us play the first half of the

Of cos Ronaldo is not fat in Ancelotti's eyes. afterall if you are not the size of yokozuna, Ancelotti will consider you to be the size of a supermodel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)