[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (31 Viewers)

Jun 18, 2005
Mancini has converted him as a midfielder. To be fair, Zanetti started of as RM, when he first arrived in Italia, and he made his name with trademark mazy dribbles.
to clarify

Inter started the season (in Firenze) with this midfield line-up

----------------Dacourt

----Vieira--------------------Cambiasso

-----------------Figo

With Maicon as RB and Javier as LB.

Cambiasso suffered an injury, so Javier occupied his spot (left midfield) and Grosso played at LB. Zanetti still plays left midfield till this day and being the reliable player he is, he excells - as per usual.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
No, it was boring for others because the tempo was slow, players are diving and teams overly defensive. Lots of people hate Serie A because of that, it has nothing to do with Juve's demotion as such views didn't change.

Who am I to tell wether Serie B is boring or not, I only watch bits and pieces every now and then (my younger brother is a juventino, that's why) but if a team that suffers from a NINE point deficit is topping it, then it screams of lack of competition at the top.

boring to others maybe because they only watch Lazio-Milan for example and our big games somethimes can't compare to a ManU-Arsenal game. Divers are everywhere so you can't blame it on that. I agree that the pace is slow but it's always been like that. It seems that this year people are more disinterested that's all.

Because Juve have many fans the result in the end is that they watch Serie B, supporters of serie B clubs want to see their team play vs Juve and the TV and spectator blooming is a result of that.

yes, -9 but it's Juve and they still have some good players left. Still, Napoli, Genoa, Bologna and surprise teams like Rimini are not that bad either. They don't have the big names but play good football. The lower teams only come out to defend and this is a negative point for serie B.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
It's natural that you'd feel this way. If Inter weren't playing in Serie A I wouldn't bother watching at all let alone get excited about the league.

But fact is "neutrals" have been calling Serie A boring for god knows how long.

You're just repeating that all over again to make yourselves feel better.

Serie B must be even more boring, come on, a team with a 9 point deficit leading it..

Come to think of it - Even had Inter started with a 9 pt. disadvantage we would still be leading the standings. hehe.
the league has been always interesting, and the competition going down till the last weeks of play.

Neutrals have been disappointed by the big games this season i guess, as most of them were boring. And of course there is one gigantic team less this season.

abt serie B, Juve r only top cause the team has more quality than most of the other teams. But i found games without juve playing r very interesting, and fast paced as the teams playing eachother r very open and play without fear.

abt ur discussion with mark about the suspensions, how do u justify Ujflausi's yellow card ? that to his suspension from the Inter game
and how come Zlatan kicks a player away from the ball and video is available(saw it on some italian channel today) and he gets away free.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Who am I to tell wether Serie B is boring or not, I only watch bits and pieces every now and then (my younger brother is a juventino, that's why) but if a team that suffers from a NINE point deficit is topping it, then it screams of lack of competition at the top.
do you register the bollocks that are coming out of your mouth?
so a leauge at which the top 7 teams have a 5 points difference between them lacks competition at the top? hmmm..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Seriously I was right... the main difference between Inter and Juve fans is that, Interisti hate Juve more than they love Inter lol losers :D

Jul 2, 2006
No, it was boring for others because the tempo was slow, players are diving and teams overly defensive. Lots of people hate Serie A because of that, it has nothing to do with Juve's demotion as such views didn't change.

your brother younger and more clever than you,follow his steps

ROTFL

Materazzi helped Italy win the WC, how exactly is he a shame to Italy of all places ?!

As for ZG turning out to be better than Maicon, only time can tell. Grygera is more defensive as far as I know.
materazzi is a butcher and racist this is shame

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Oddo Finally Joins Milan - Report

During the night, the Rossoneri and Lazio agreed on the transfer fee with which the full-back will become a Milan player after weeks of long negotiations.

Massimo Oddo is finally a Milan player according to reports coming from Italy. Various Italian media are reporting that the Lazio captain has finally signed for the Rossoneri after the negotiations had stalled in the past days, leading many to believe that Oddo would remain at Lazio.

However, during the night Adriano Galliani and Claudio Lotito finally reached an agreement of 8 million Euros plus youth player Pasquale Foggia.

Oddo was excluded from the squad for the match between Lazio and Milan, which was played last Sunday night, due to these negotiations, but with the deal being finally sealed, the former Lazio player will return to the club in which he started as a young player.

Both clubs are expected to officially announce the deal in the coming hours.

Serie A Team Of The Week: Round 20

Team of the week (3-4-3):

Toldo (Inter): Great performance by the Nerazzurri's reserve keeper against his former side, proving that he still is a very good goal tender despite his age and lack of playing time.

Mesto (Reggina): Excellent match by the Reggina defender who ran continuously throughout the entire match without stopping once.

Bianco (Cagliari): A very interesting Italian central defender, with Catania finding it tough to go past him in their attacks.

Materazzi (Inter): Defended almost perfectly against Fiorentina, showing that the World Cup performance was not just a flash in the pan.

Doni (Atalanta): Probably the player who has been most present in this list so far this season. Another great performance with another goal for the eternal Doni.

Marchini (Cagliari): Bought by the Rossoblu to substitute the injured Esposito. Nobody could have hoped that he would do it so well. Another player to keep an eye on for the upcoming transfer market.

Busce` (Empoli): One of the best players in this week, with a great game played by the Empoli midfielder who led his side to a precious win over Sampdoria.

Stankovic (Inter): Always a certainty in midfield. Offers a lot of quantity and quality and many times he even manages to score a (great) goal like he did against Fiorentina which paved the way for Inter’s win.

Adriano (Inter): Brilliant performance by the Brazilian who is definitely back to his best now and proving that the terrible 2006 is behind his back.

Toni (Fiorentina): Without Mutu, he tried to worry the Inter defence on his own. He managed to do so, but was unable to avoid the defeat for his side.

Rossi (Parma): What a player! Scored on his debut a wonder-goal, confirming all the good things that have been said about him. With such a player, Parma can now really hope of remaining in Serie A. Italy’s most brilliant hot prospect.

Honourable Mention

Manitta (Livorno)
Maxwell (Inter)
Jankulovski (Milan)
Vannucchi (Empoli)
Filippini (Livorno)
Ibrahimovic (Inter)
Iaquinta (Udinese)

Goal.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Actually it is the opposite way, many Juve fans hate Inter more than they love Juventus, it was proved on this Forums.
No dude, we can't say that, there's like 2 members like that...

But almost every Interista I know, all they do is keep talking about Juventus, against Juventus.

PS Oddo is a very good replacement for Cafu IMO. Milan did a good job getting him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)