[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (118 Viewers)

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
they'r playing in the worst league atm
chelsea is the best team in europe
Well, they might be the second best then. I dont agree that Seria A is the worst league right now, its just distorted by the points penalties. The top 6 would be Inter, Roma, Palermo, Fiorentina, Milan and Lazio. Juve is a big loss this year, but other than that, I dont see why its the worst. We are gonna have a tough time if we dont make good signings next year.

Jul 23, 2006
Well, they might be the second best then. I dont agree that Seria A is the worst league right now, its just distorted by the points penalties. The top 6 would be Inter, Roma, Palermo, Fiorentina, Milan and Lazio. Juve is a big loss this year, but other than that, I dont see why its the worst. We are gonna have a tough time if we dont make good signings next year.
england>spain>italy
in terms of league standard

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
The groups C & G were laughable, even Juventus could've come at the top. In group F the only contender to ManU was Celtic. Anyway I wouldn't rank a league just from the basis of the top teams, which makes Inter in my books the toughest team around now.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
how is that biased? hmm. we have Palermo who was in 2nd position for a long time, and they got raped by Fenerbahce 3-0, and their comentators were like " we trashed the 2nd best team of Italy", they are out of UEFA now and they are 3rd now in serie A :faq1:

A joke like Inter is representing Serie A in cl as a champion, they will be eliminated in the next round or the other. Roma will be eliminated/trashed by Lyon. While Milan's luck is still going on, in a group like that they only finished with 10 points 2 less point would cost them elimination :pumpkin: chievo is already out of the cl :pumpkin:

ofcourse the Premier league is much better now their teams all of them ended up first in6 the group stages, and spanish come 2nd after them..

so I don't think that was biased :faq1:

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
but maybe clasifying serie A as 3rd best is biased, they are probably worse than German league this year..
This is a lost discussion, UEFA cup is not a basis for comparision as italian teams use their youngsters for this competition. Chievo shouldn't even be in CL, Palermo shouldnt be in UEFA cup, they only got there by the point penalties.

My main point was that Inter have finally got it right. They've always had the squad, but now they have a bit of character. I see three teams good for the CL, Chelsea, Barcelona, and Inter.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
This is a lost discussion, UEFA cup is not a basis for comparision as italian teams use their youngsters for this competition. Chievo shouldn't even be in CL, Palermo shouldnt be in UEFA cup, they only got there by the point penalties.
EXACTLY, these teams shouldn't be where they are. These are the small clubs. Small teams are now representing Serie A as the best teams. Hence Serie A's best teams are low quality.

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
EXACTLY, these teams shouldn't be where they are. These are the small clubs. Small teams are now representing Serie A as the best teams. Hence Serie A's best teams are low quality.
Thats what I said mate, the guy was saying that Seria A is weak, but I dont think it is. The teams representing it in Europe are weak because of the scandal.

There is a distinction between saying that Seria A is weak right now and saying that their representatives in Europe are weak.

I dont deny that British teams are doing very good, but in the end all that matters is qualification in a group stage.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
how is that biased? hmm. we have Palermo who was in 2nd position for a long time, and they got raped by Fenerbahce 3-0, and their comentators were like " we trashed the 2nd best team of Italy", they are out of UEFA now and they are 3rd now in serie A :faq1:
The problem about the Palermo UEFA-Cup performance is mainly that their coach did not play his best 11 except for the last game vs Celta Vigo. It was mainly a team from the bench which kinda pissed me off, sice I have developed a certain like for the underdogs from Sicilia ;).

but maybe clasifying serie A as 3rd best is biased, they are probably worse than German league this year..
:disagree: I don't think so, The Italian standard at least of the first 10 teams, is much higher than Germany. Just try to watch Bundesliga every now and then and you'll see.
And international, well, Germany has one team in CL and two teams in UEFA-Cup left after Schalke, f.e. was out before the group stage in their games vs Nancy(!) and Hamburg, who made a total joke out of themselves in the CL.

Jul 23, 2006
The problem about the Palermo UEFA-Cup performance is mainly that their coach did not play his best 11 except for the last game vs Celta Vigo. It was mainly a team from the bench which kinda pissed me off, sice I have developed a certain like for the underdogs from Sicilia ;).

:disagree: I don't think so, The Italian standard at least of the first 10 teams, is much higher than Germany. Just try to watch Bundesliga every now and then and you'll see.
And international, well, Germany has one team in CL and two teams in UEFA-Cup left after Schalke, f.e. was out before the group stage in their games vs Nancy(!) and Hamburg, who made a total joke out of themselves in the CL.
they are also a joke in the german league(not 3rd place like palermo)

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
1. West Ham beat Man U (first in the priemiership)
2. Palermo knocked out West Ham (palermo could beat Man U!!!)
3. Fener beat Palermo (Fener can beat West Ham, Palermo and Man U, Turkish league is the best!!)

:faq1: :pint: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)