[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (105 Viewers)

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Gilardino goal didn't count and now it's over !!!
Milan 0 Palermo 2

A good 2nd half by both teams with the man of the match Marc Bresciano.
Other good players: Simplicio and Kaka

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Milan threw everything on Palermo but the ball wouldnt hit the back of the net the ball hit the cross bar twice in the same attack! and a relatively good goal from Gila but canceled for a push on an apparent push on zaccardo but it was during stoppage time.

But wat a game by Socceroo Bresciano, scored the first and set up the 2nd with a powerful shoot.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Inter are a wicked team.Not only have they robbed Adriano of his magic,they have robbed him of his mind!!

If they end this season with no silverware-after having all "obstacles" taken out of their way by the FIGC,they should be banned from world football for epitomizing ineptitude!!!

No Juve,no Moggi,No Milan?pray tell us shitface Massimo,what will b your excuse this time around?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Fewer and fewer spectators are attending Serie A matches, according to a study conducted by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The average crowd attendance for a Serie A match has decreased to 19,511 this season, a very worrying figure if compared to the data from 1998, when the average gates were 31,161.

The results of the study may have been affected by the Calciopoli summer scandal and its consequences.

It is no coincidence that the drop has come after Juventus, the team with the largest fan base in Italy, were demoted to the Second Division.

The last time figures were so low was in the 1970s and Italy does not seem to be following the English and Spanish trend, where the number of spectators is increasing.

League officials were hoping that the Nazionale’s triumph in Germany’s World Cup would have boosted the fans’ enthusiasm.

But increased levels of violence at matches, the poor quality of the stadiums and the excellent television coverage in Italy have all contributed to fans staying away.

Furthermore, this season’s Serie B hosts a number of strong sides – unsurprisingly the Second Division attendance figures have jumped 20.3%.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Disappointing really to say the least about that.

But what effect did Juve have on Serie B :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
MILAN, Oct 25 (Reuters) -- Fans are turning their backs on Italy's Serie A, despite
A study by Gazzetta dello Sport showed that average attendances have fallen by 11,650 from the 1997-98 season when the figure was 31,161.

This season's drop, which comes after Italy beat France to win the World Cup in July, can be partially explained by the demotion of the country's most successful club Juventus to the second division Serie B.

Juve were stripped of their last two league titles and relegated to Serie B by a sports tribunal looking into allegations of match-fixing.

The Turin club's first ever season in the second tier has resulted in a large rise in attendances in Serie B - crowds are up 20.3 per cent on last season's figures.

While Juve's relegation can explain some of this season's drop in attendances in Serie A, Gazzetta said the negative trend over the past decade was due to other factors including crowd violence, expensive ticket prices, the impact of the match-fixing scandal, saturated television coverage and poor quality stadiums.

The newspaper said that there was no sign of a similar fall in crowds in other major European leagues with attendances actually increasing in Spain and England.

The fall in top flight crowds may also reflect the change in status of a number of clubs - big city teams Genoa, Napoli, Verona and Bologna are all in Serie B while the top flight has several teams with a much smaller fan base.

Empoli had an average crowds of 6,725 last season, Chievo Verona 8,589 and Siena 9,874.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Chxta said:
Inter are a wicked team.Not only have they robbed Adriano of his magic,they have robbed him of his mind!!

If they end this season with no silverware-after having all "obstacles" taken out of their way by the FIGC,they should be banned from world football for epitomizing ineptitude!!!

No Juve,no Moggi,No Milan?pray tell us shitface Massimo,what will b your excuse this time around?
He'll no doubt think of something stupid to use as an excuse; - as usual!:tongue:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
And it's on:
I first wanted to watch Fiorentina but when I saw the line-up I recognized, that there was no Luca Toni, no Blasi, no Mutu and no Fiore. SO now I'll probably watch some Binter, who is already leadin because of a damn own-goal by Livorno.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It seems that Roma don't really want to fight for the Scudetto, or I should have said, they don't want the Scudetto at all.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
It seems that Roma don't really want to fight for the Scudetto, or I should have said, they don't want the Scudetto at all.
i was just talking to my brother abt it. I think the pressure got to them. This is actually the first time where they r expected to challenge for the title.

I guess they r not championship material.Unless they change that mentality then it would be hard for them to challenge.

I see an open path for Inter, until Milan get their act together with the help of CONI ofcourse.

I even see more chances for the Viola to get a title challenge if they got something huge from CONI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)