[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
For me it depends on the circumstances. Just like you, Greg, the Serie A is far and away my favorite league in the world, and I would watch almost any match in Italy before that of another league. For instance, I would much rather watch a Palermo-Udinese contest than a Chelsea-ManUnited, or a Sampdoria-Roma clash before Real Madrid Valencia. That is pretty obvious. However, when the classico matchup of Barca and Real is on, the normal matches in Serie A will have to take a backseat...perhaps even the Madonnina if the setting is right. Thankfully the Dish Network controller comes with the quick "recall" button. ;)

Apart from Barca-Real and Chelsea-Arsenal, and of course any match involving Juventus, Serie A comes first and foremost.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
True, true, Andy. Those Lecce-Empoli matches don't exactly have me riveted to the screen -- whereas I would definitely like to catch an Arsenal-ManU or Valencia-Barca match, for comparison. But given that I hardly have the time to watch more than a few matches on TV per week, they inevitably all are Serie A. (I'm not even following the Portuguese Superliga as much as last season.)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
changes to serie A matches:

Week 8

Saturday October 22

Messina-Ascoli (17.00)

Fiorentina-Parma (19.30)

Sunday October 23

Roma-Lazio (19.30)

Week 9

Wednesday October 26

All games are at 19.30

Week 10

Saturday October 29

Sampdoria-Inter (17.00)

Milan-Juventus (19.30)

Sunday October 30

Udinese-Palermo (19.30)

Week 11

Saturday November 5

Empoli-Reggina (17.00)

Lazio-Inter (19.30)

Sunday November 6

Palermo-Sampdoria (19.30)

Week 12

Saturday November 19

Udinese-Messina (17.00)

Roma-Juventus (19.30)

Sunday November 20

Inter-Parma (19.30)

Week 13

Saturday November 26

Livorno-Chievo (17.00)

Milan-Lecce (19.30)

Sunday November 27

Roma-Fiorentina (19.30)

Week 14

Saturday December 3

Chievo-Milan (17.00)

Inter-Ascoli (19.30)

Sunday December 4

Lecce-Roma (19.30)

Week 15

Saturday December 10

Siena-Empoli (17.00)

Fiorentina-Treviso (19.30)

Sunday December 11

Inter-Milan (19.30)

Week 16

Saturday December 17

Cagliari-Ascoli (17.00)

Lazio-Juventus (19.30)

Sunday December 18

Sampdoria-Roma (19.30)

Week 17

Wednesday December 21

All games at 19.30

Week 18

Saturday January 7

Reggina-Fiorentina (17.00)

Palermo-Juventus (19.30)

Sunday January 8

Milan-Parma (19.30)

Week 19

Saturday January 14

Lecce-Sampdoria (17.00)

Messina-Palermo (19.30)

Sunday January 15

Roma-Milan (19.30)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Nesta out for a month Monday 10 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have been dealt a massive blow with the confirmation that Alessandro Nesta will be sidelined for the next four weeks.

The stopper has picked up ligament damage in his left hand and will require surgery to resolve the problem.

Nesta will go under the knife on Wednesday and will subsequently be out of action for the next month.

He will therefore be unavailable for the Week 10 Scudetto showdown against Juventus at the end of October.

The Italian international is likely to be ruled out for five Serie A matches and two Champions League ties.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti will now be forced to stick with a central defensive pairing of Jaap Stam and Paolo Maldini.

His other rearguard options include veteran stopper Billy Costacurta, now 39, and Dario Simic.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lippi hails ‘irreplaceable’ Totti Monday 10 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi has conceded that he has no natural replacement for Francesco Totti in his Italy side.

The Romanista is a key element in Lippi’s preferred 4-3-1-2 formation, so vital that the Coach has admitted that a system change will take place in his absence.

"There are no alternatives for Totti in Italy," Lippi told Italian television show La Domenica Sportiva.

"If we are ever forced to play without him then we will need to change our style, to 4-4-2 for example.

"Totti is a player who has been able to transform himself into a real attacker, but he always dictates the play."

Italy will be without the No 10 on Wednesday as suspension has ruled him out of the insignificant World Cup qualifier against Moldova.

However, Lippi insists he has enough attacking talent to still achieve success without the Giallorossi hero.

"The likes of Christian Vieri and Alex Del Piero can both be decisive," he added. "They have my faith and that is important.

"I also still believe that Vieri is one of the best centre-forwards in circulation at this moment in time."

Lippi also defended his decision to replace Luca Toni in the 1-0 win over Slovenia on Saturday, thus giving the Palermo fans another opportunity to jeer him.

"He’d already been widely whistled even before kick-off, so those he received when substituted meant little," noted the tactician.

"A Coach needs to just think about tactical decisions and therefore not situations like this."

Toni was targeted by the boo-boys following his decision to quit Palermo for Fiorentina in the summer.

Mar 6, 2005
Nesta denies computer injury
Tuesday 11 October, 2005
Alessandro Nesta has laughed off rumours a video game addiction caused an injury that will keep him sidelined for a month.

“I have to admit that I was a little surprised by the theory that my finger injury was caused by my passion for video games,” said the defender on Milan’s official website.

“Frankly I don’t think the two elements can be put together, especially as this is only a hobby and not affecting my professional conduct.”

The Italian international was wearing heavy strapping to his left wrist during the 1-0 win over Slovenia on Saturday and upon his return to Milan’s medical staff was diagnosed with the complete rupture of a tendon in his left hand.

“I hope to come back as soon as possible,” said the former Lazio star. “I have absolute faith in the doctors and am confident about the recovery process.”

This unusual injury has prompted speculation in the Italian Press, as he was allowed to play even after suffering the initial problem.

The Rossoneri website confirmed that Nesta had a slight bruise after the Schalke 04 test on September 28, but a thorough examination found no serious damage. He played in Milan-Reggina on October 2 and then joined the Italy squad.

The recurring difficulty in moving his left hand prompted him to ask for further tests on international duty, finding a lesion of the tendon, but he nonetheless played against Slovenia with the aid of heavy strapping.

Upon his return to the Milan headquarters, further examination discovered the complete rupture of the tendon and surgery was agreed. Nesta will be out of action for the next four weeks.
:LOL:

PES will do that to you, Alessandro..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)