[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (10 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Mancini fury at Adriano delay Sunday 16 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Mancini has not disguised his anger at the Brazil squad’s treatment of Adriano and dubbed Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira “a dictator.”

“Playing for your country is important for everyone, but at the same time it’s essential to respect your club,” pointed out the Inter boss. “There are times in which a player should speak to his international Coach and ask to stay home and recuperate, especially when the games are just friendlies.”

The battle between the Nerazzurri and the Seleçao has been going on for several years now, but intensified this week when Adriano, Julio Cesar and Uruguay’s Alvaro Recoba saw their flight back to Italy delayed, all but ruling them out of today’s match with Livorno.

“If Parreira threatens to drop players from the Brazil side altogether if they make this request, then he is a dictator. He has left others alone, for example resting Ronaldo for the Confederations Cup. If a player asks to skip a friendly because he’s been running to and fro for 10 months, then I don’t see why that should be a problem.”

Adriano was the last to make his return to Milan, as it later emerged he had been given permission to stay in Brazil until Sunday morning.

“I didn’t want to rest him for the Livorno game, but I can hardly put the shadow of Adriano out there just hours after a long flight. I’d prefer to discuss these things behind closed doors and don’t want to say anything more on the subject.”

The break for international duty was also damaging in other ways, as Dejan Stankovic suffered a thigh strain with Serbia and Montenegro, but latest reports are more reassuring.

“I think we’ll see Stankovic earlier than expected,” revealed the Inter tactician. “If everything goes well on the treatment table, he’ll be back training soon and within the next three to four weeks he should be playing again.”

Today’s match at the San Siro could see Francesco Toldo make his seasonal debut after a public row in which he suggested Mancini was “prejudiced” against him.

“Julio Cesar did some light training and did not play on Wednesday, but he had a long flight and I might rest him.”

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Inter 5-0 Livorno (They didn't play Palladino in the first half. This serves them right :groan: )
11' (1T ) Materazzi M.
19' (1T ) Cruz J.
4' (2T ) Cambiasso E.
6' (2T ) Cordoba I.
16' (2T ) Recoba A.

Empoli 1-0 Roma
14' (2T ) Tavano F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)