[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
samdoria kicked milan's ass:D
2-1.

gila scored.i bet he's ruing his decision to join milan:D

fiorentina 4-2 udinese.
great match,fiorentian are looking very very sharp.
and the palerma wont away from home,great result for them.

we've talked about all teams,but lazio seem to have gone unnoticed.i have to admit,they're looking extremley good at the moment.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
samdoria kicked milan's ass:D
2-1.
It wasn't a kicking per se, but it was a brilliant performance -- most of all by Antonioli in goal.

gila scored.i bet he's ruing his decision to join milan:D
I get the joke, but doubtful. He's going to have a good career of first team football with a great club that should continue to do quite well Serie A and the CL for some time.

And well, anything beats the pants off of fighting off regulation as a hobby. :rolleyes:

fiorentina 4-2 udinese.
great match,fiorentian are looking very very sharp.
and the palerma wont away from home,great result for them.
Well, this answers my questions about Fiorentina and Udinese to extent. Udinese are still the slight pretenders. Fiorentina may not be trophy bound, but they look to have excised the demons that made them relegation-bound last season.

And Toni is in amazing form a la Trez, etc.

we've talked about all teams,but lazio seem to have gone unnoticed.i have to admit,they're looking extremley good at the moment.
Lazio is the big sleeper thus far this season. And since I don't get Fox Soccer Channel, all the moreso on my radar. ;)

We'll see how far they can go before they realize the Roman emperor has no clothes...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd better see Milan suffer with ANcelotti, at least they'll know the man on his reality and will understand that the title that was given for him at the Juve days is well deserved.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
We'll see how far they can go before they realize the Roman emperor has no clothes...
Nice analogy there Greg, I concur.Though I certainly wouldn't mind them and Parma having decent seasons for a change. :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Angry Toni turns on Cosmi Sunday 18 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luca Toni and Serse Cosmi had a touchline row today and it continued through the Press with scathing comments from both men.

“Referees should study the way Toni plays and learn how to deal with his little tricks,” noted the Udinese boss after their 4-2 defeat away to Fiorentina. Cosmi was sent off for dissent after an incident that was sparked by an argument with Toni and the striker responded.

“I have a physical style of play that sometimes involves contact, but that’s a perfectly normal part of the game. I get fouled a lot and referees also give many free kicks against me. I don’t think it right that a Coach pays more attention to the work of the referee than he does his own team.”

It was a controversial encounter at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, as Udinese saw a Vincenzo Iaquinta goal very harshly disallowed for a push on Dario Dainelli when the scoreline was still 2-1.

“I expect that Cosmi’s comments were only sparked by his tension at the outcome of the match, but I really don’t know what else could have prompted him to make those statements.”

Toni is the on form striker in Italy at the moment and also took the opportunity to turn on his former club Palermo.

“President Maurizio Zamparini said that I didn’t love the club, yet I only missed two or three games in two years because I was suspended and tried to play even when I wasn’t fully fit. I scored 50 goals in two seasons and took the side from Serie B to the UEFA Cup. I think I proved how much I cared about Palermo.”

Zamparini at first claimed that Toni was not for sale, then sanctioned the £7m move to Fiorentina only weeks later, stating that he had requested an unreasonable wage increase.

“I haven’t said anything since leaving, but it’s time I point out that some figures have been totally fabricated,” continued a furious Toni. “I never earned £2m per season at Palermo and I hope nobody else was taking that wage in my place. Zamparini doesn’t even know what’s happening at his own club, so he has no right to discuss how we work at Fiorentina. It’s a shame that people want to defend themselves from criticism about my sale by spreading lies.”

source: channel4.com

Sonjia_DP

Sep 17, 2005
Channel 4

Ancelotti won’t be axed, say Milan Monday 19 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has been given the dreaded vote of confidence following their sluggish start to the season.

The Rossoneri lost 2-1 at Sampdoria on Sunday, but the outfit – despite already being five points adrift of leaders Juventus – insist they have great faith in the tactician.

"He is not trembling and his bench isn’t shaking either," Vice-president Adriano Galliani told the club website.

"The fact is that he is our Coach and will continue to be our Coach in the future. He is a focal point for this club.

"We have come from three years of being competitive at the highest levels, often winning during that period.

"We simply need to remember that fact while staying united and compact."

The San Siro giants started the campaign with a draw at Ascoli, followed by wins over Siena and then Fenerbache in the Champions League.

"After three League games, we have the same number of points as last year even if we have played two away games this time around," added Galliani.

"Seeing as we got back on the right track last season, including making up an eight point gap in a few games, we just need to stay calm."

Ancelotti, a former Milan player, took charge of the aide in 2001 when he replaced the axed Fatih Terim.

The ex-Parma and Juventus boss has won the Champions League, the Coppa Italia and the Scudetto during his Rossoneri stint so far.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mark my words: Ancelotti will last only as long as his CL success this season. The only question then is who would replace him.

Aye, me parrot concurs.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Mark my words: Ancelotti will last only as long as his CL success this season. The only question then is who would replace him.

Aye, me parrot concurs.
I hope this pirate day is only one day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)