[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (7 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Gila scored on his Milan debut against the Chicago Fire but I thought he was quite disappointing. He reminded me of Trezeguet as he did absolutely nothing for 75 minutes, failed to contribute to the build up and frankly hardly touched the ball, then proceeded to pop up and score a tap-in.

IMO Milan's best players were Fiori, Rui Costa, Vogel and Pirlo. Seedorf and Vieri also had decent games. The Fire created a lot more chances and should have won. They hit the post, the bar and were denied by some excellent goalkeeping from Valerio Fiori.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

One must question why he was ever vice captain in the first place...
One must answer, given Totti and Cassano, that Roma's management prefers having the inmates run the asylum. :rolleyes:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nicole, I am definitely not denying the fact that Totti, when he wants to be, can be the greatest Italian player in the world. Two seasons ago he was probably the best in all of Serie A, IMO.

But does he set a good example for his team? Does he inspire leadership, smart thinking, focus, and cool-headedness when the chips are down?

Making him captain makes no sense at all to me...it's as if they're doing it to appease his ego, if anything, and don't want to make him upset. I think Roma could be better served with a Montello as captain. Even Panucci for that matter (and that's saying something).

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Roma prefers to be captained by a Roman, and therefore the young Daniel DiRossi would be the best option. Totti is not leadership material. Great player, but that is all.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Roma prefers to be captained by a Roman, and therefore the young Daniel DiRossi would be the best option. Totti is not leadership material. Great player, but that is all.
De Rossi is definitely the next captain.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For the record, I really like DeRossi. I hope his morals aren't completely corrupted by his compatriots as he develops into one of the better midfielders in Italy.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
For the record, I really like DeRossi. I hope his morals aren't completely corrupted by his compatriots as he develops into one of the better midfielders in Italy.
Yeah, dont learn from us...go to Juve and learn from Emerson :rolleyes:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Yeah, dont learn from us...go to Juve and learn from Emerson :rolleyes:
OMG, you sound just like Totti.

What exactly did Emerson do during his stay in Rome that has you folks thinking he is such a criminal (other than moving to Juve, that is)?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Nicole, I am definitely not denying the fact that Totti, when he wants to be, can be the greatest Italian player in the world. Two seasons ago he was probably the best in all of Serie A, IMO.

But does he set a good example for his team? Does he inspire leadership, smart thinking, focus, and cool-headedness when the chips are down?

Making him captain makes no sense at all to me...it's as if they're doing it to appease his ego, if anything, and don't want to make him upset. I think Roma could be better served with a Montello as captain. Even Panucci for that matter (and that's saying something).
Exactly. Francesco Totti is one hell of a football player but that doesn't make him a good captain.

Aug 1, 2003
My god stuart, my thoughts exactly on Gilardino reminding you of Trezeguet!! :shocked:

He was fairly quiet and even I could've scored the goal... the set up to it was nice though. Seedorf was hammered for his performance last season but I hear that hes been really good during training and hes improved a lot.

I honestly felt bad for Chicago. I hope such luck will never follow Juventus, ever. Hitting the bar thrice and so on.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Referees told to keep quiet

Saturday 30 July, 2005

The new refereeing designator Maurizio Mattei has told officials to cut their dialogue with players and accept that making mistakes can be good for the game.

“A refereeing error is important because it livens up the sport,” insisted the former man in black. “A mistake is just like a goal as it is an event – otherwise things would get boring. They can be spectacular, even if it’s clear there shouldn’t be many of them.”

It is a remarkable introduction for the new designator, who takes over from the controversial pairing of Pierluigi Pairetto and Paolo Bergamo in the training and assignation of referees to games.

Mattei also suggested a different code of conduct for the increasingly under fire officials in Serie A and B.

“The colour of the card speaks for itself, so there is no need to accompany it with a long explanation. Showing cards should make a referee’s life easier and adding words to that could complicate matters when a player is already on edge. There’s no point telling someone ‘if you do that again, you’re off.’ The yellow card says it all.”

It is a turnaround from recent procedure, as Italian referees had been encouraged to explain their decisions and open up communication with players to ease tension.

“I also ask the referees to cut down on their outlandish and obvious gestures,” he continued. “Ferocious glaring and raising their voices should also be discouraged from now on. It only serves to fire up an already tense situation.”

Source: Channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)