[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
So it is Spalletti, hmm. I wonder if he can handle it, he did amazing with Udinese, but this will be a harder job.

Ultimately my dream was still Prandelli, I guess it's impossible now :down: he would of been perfect.
Frankly speaking I still prefer Prandelli to him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Yeah now Bologna must score at least 2 goals without conceding if they want to remain in the top flight...Seems tough to me...I read the second goal was a "Legrottaglie" classic :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Fiorentina net Brocchi loan Saturday 18 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Brocchi is now officially a Fiorentina player after he today completed his move from Milan.

Football Italia reported on Friday that a switch was imminent and the Italian has now put pen to paper on a Viola contract.

The midfielder, who had asked to leave the San Siro, joins on loan with an option to buy in 2006.

"It is an honour for me to be a part of this squad," said Brocchi. "I’m coming to Florence to give my best."

The 29-year-old becomes Fiorentina’s first signing of the summer following four seasons at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

"There are three reasons why I came here," added the former Inter man. "This club is ambitious, they have great support and a super Coach who I know well."

Brocchi will team up with new boss Cesare Prandelli again after they spent time together at Verona in the past.

"I can play in any position in which the Coach wants," continued Brocchi. "That can be on the left, right or in the centre of midfield.

"It will be up to Prandelli to decide where he wants me to contribute and I have total faith in his plans."

source: channel4.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Van der Meyde shown exit Saturday 18 June, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Van der Meyde is looking for a new club after Inter told him he is no longer needed at the San Siro.

The Dutchman has struggled to settle with the outfit and his two-year stint in Milan will end this summer.

"I’ve been told that I am not a part of their plans for the future," the international winger revealed.

"There is no space for me in the team. They’ve offered me a few solutions but nothing has been decided yet."

Van der Meyde, who arrived from Ajax in 2003, has numerous options available to him after being linked with a host of clubs.

Everton and Middlesbrough are keen on him in the Premiership, while he could be offered to Valencia in exchange for Stefano Fiore.

The midfielder could also remain in Italy though as Roma and Fiorentina have been associated with his swoop.

Inter are likely to replace the 24-year-old with Real Madrid winger Santiago Solari, who could complete his move over the next week.

The Milan giants also want to sign Roma wide-man Amantino Mancini in an effort to finally solve their width problems.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Gila leads Gialloblu celebrations Sunday 19 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma are celebrating their Serie A status and Alberto Gilardino admits he’s played his last game for the club, but Bologna’s fans staged a violent protest.

“I cannot describe the feelings I have right now,” said Gilardino after scoring the decider in their relegation play-off last night. “The whole team was fantastic and we all played like lions with the fans pushing us on to this achievement.”

Giuseppe Cardone had set the tie level on aggregate and the Italian international tapped in the goal that sealed their 2-0 victory at the Stadio Dall’Ara.

Gilardino has left the club on a high, as he is now set for a £25m move to either Milan or Chelsea. “We will see what happens from Monday onwards, but now I want to enjoy this win and our Serie A status.”

Veteran defender Cardone netted a rare goal to send Parma on their way to victory. “This was an unforgettable evening and the credit goes to these incredible supporters. We were certain we’d make it because we were the better team.”

Sebastien Frey may not have been on the scoresheet, but he was the hero of the hour with a string of crucial saves.

“Nobody can imagine what we’re feeling after this match,” said the French goalkeeper. “To keep Parma in the top flight was my dream and I was determined to make it come true. The first leg defeat at home was key, as it gave us the willpower to fight back and win at the Dall’Ara.”

Bologna’s players and Coach Carlo Mazzone did not give interviews after the final whistle and the tension rose inside the arena. A group of Ultra broke into the Stadio Dall’Ara gym, stealing dumbbells and metal poles to smash down the glass separating them from the pitch. The police reacted with tear gas and were accused of heavy-handedness in some sections of the Press.

“It’s a shame, as our fans expected better from us,” said Bologna director Giancarlo Marocchi. “We have to take responsibility for this relegation, as at Easter we had 38 points and were pushing for a place in Europe. We should have done more, though ironically we faced Parma four times this season and only lost once. Unfortunately, it was the most important match.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Conte takes Siena Coaching job Sunday 19 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Juventus star Antonio Conte has moved into a Coaching career and will be Gigi De Canio’s assistant manager at Siena next season.

Conte retired from football last year and will turn 37 in July, having made his Serie A debut as a player for hometown club Lecce in 1985.

Siena avoided relegation on the last day of the season and will start building for the future with Conte learning the ropes from De Canio.

The Tuscans have also completed several transfers. Juve-owned goalkeeper Antonio Mirante, who spent this season at Crotone, has arrived on loan, while there are negotiations for Nicola Legrottaglie and Alessandro Birindelli.

Goalkeeper Alex Manninger has returned to Austria with Salzburg, ending a Serie A stint that also saw him play for Fiorentina.

“My experience at Siena was fantastic and I want to thank the club, fans and the directors who helped me in this adventure,” said the former Arsenal man on the official website.

“Siena represent a stepping stone in my career and I will forever be grateful to them for the affection they have shown me, especially when I suffered a serious injury in October. Thank you.”

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
He looks very good, congratulations to him, she is very beautiful

Although it does look like everyone in the back arent very interested :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)