[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (78 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,162
    dammit, I should've checked if you were online before I decided to lazily not bold the word in question :shakefist:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    dammit, I should've checked if you were online before I decided to lazily not bold the word in question :shakefist:
    Haven't given you a hard time in a while.. nothing else to do ... I can't sleep.

That would be a cool emoticon (spelling?!) though. :thumb:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    Toni: Let’s Legitimate Our Season!
    5/19/2005 7:51:00 AM
    The Palermo striker wants his side to have a great performance at San Siro against the Rossoneri, to end the Rosanero’s excellent season on an even higher note.
    Luca Toni is wary of Milan, despite the Rossoneri will most likely rest some of their key players ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League final in Istanbul against Liverpool. However, the Italian international wants to keep up the standard set by Palermo so far and prove that they deserve the league position they have obtained by going to San Siro and doing well.

“In Milan we want to play well, to legitimate our exciting season. The Rossoneri will want to continue hoping in the Scudetto. It’s true that they are very concentrated on the Champions League final, but we shall have to be careful. It will be a real game and we hope to make a good performance.”

Palermo are in 6th place, as the Rosanero are just a step away from a historic place in the Uefa Cup.

good news for juve :D
    haven't palermo bet us this year once,and draw against us too?

still,forza palermo,they may make up for what they did by beating or at least getting us a draw against milan in san siro!

FORZA PALERMO!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

haven't palermo bet us this year once,and draw against us too?

still,forza palermo,they may make up for what they did by beating or at least getting us a draw against milan in san siro!

FORZA PALERMO!
    I heard that Milan wil be fielding their 2nd team against Palermo, can any1 comfirm this?

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

I heard that Milan wil be fielding their 2nd team against Palermo, can any1 comfirm this?
    No, since there are no lineups yet.

We will fight, we will not give Juventus any presents - Ancellotti

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    I'll be gutted if Recoba goes to Palermo or Sampdoria.He's one of the most gifted players in the game today and it'd be a great pity if he doesn't make it to a bigger club.
    So true. Anyhow;

Milan need win to stall Juventus title party
    By Simon Evans

MILAN, May 19 (Reuters) - Juventus will secure their 28th Italian title without kicking a ball on Friday if their sole challengers AC Milan fail to beat Palermo at the San Siro stadium.

Juve go into the penultimate round of games in Serie A five points clear of Carlo Ancelotti's Milan and regardless of Friday's result would win the 'scudetto' with victory at Livorno on Sunday.

It would bring Juve coach Fabio Capello success with his third team in Italy following the titles he won with Milan and AS Roma. Capello also clinched a Spanish title during a brief spell with Real Madrid.

On paper Milan would normally be expected to beat Palermo but Ancelotti is unlikely to field a strong side given their slim chances in the league and the impending Champions League final against Liverpool in Istanbul on Wednesday.

It would be no surprise if most of the likely starting line-up for next week's final are rested against Palermo with the likes of Frenchman Vikash Dhorasoo and perennial reserve Cristian Brocchi given rare starts.

Also swinging the balance against a comfortable Milan win is the fact that Palermo have plenty of reason to give their all -- the Sicilians are currently sixth and fighting to hold on to a UEFA Cup qualification spot.

ANTI-CLIMAX

The entire second half of the season has been a neck and neck battle between defending champions Milan and Juventus but the Turin side have broken clear after Ancelotti's team stumbled in the final stages.
    Juve's recent victory over Milan at the San Siro was the decisive moment in the campaign and there has been an air of anti-climax over the outcome since added to by Juve's self-imposed press ban.

Last week Milan were held to a 2-2 draw by Lecce while Juve comfortably beat Parma in Turin.

The only possible tension could come if Milan win and Juve fail to beat Livorno -- taking the race down to the final day of the season.
    Even then the odds would be stacked against Milan.

They would return from Istanbul to face a tough match away to Udinese who are fighting for fourth place and Champions League qualification.
    Juventus, who would have a full week of rest, have a relatively straightforward home match against midtable Cagliari.

This season, for the first time the Italian Football League has decided that the 'scudetto' - a small shield awarded to the winner's of the Serie A title -- will be presented on the field as soon as the outcome is determined.

But the attempt to replicate the celebrations seen at English grounds when the Premier League trophy is awarded could be thwarted if Juve win without kicking a ball.

Should Juventus win the man who will present them with the scudetto will be Football League president Adriano Galliani -- also president of Milan.

---------------

I dont care as long as Juventus wins the scudetto this weekend. I would PREFER if we win it on the pitch but even if we didnt I'd be equally happy. However I thought the last part of the article was rather interesting. (And cynical?) ;)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,176
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    This season, for the first time the Italian Football League has decided that the 'scudetto' - a small shield awarded to the winner's of the Serie A title -- will be presented on the field as soon as the outcome is determined.

But the attempt to replicate the celebrations seen at English grounds when the Premier League trophy is awarded could be thwarted if Juve win without kicking a ball.
    They should invite Juventus to the San Siro to be awarded the scudetto :D

++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Should Juventus win the man who will present them with the scudetto will be Football League president Adriano Galliani -- also president of Milan.
    I sense new avatar material :devil:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

actually i was thinking the same thing today.
    that milan should play their second team against palermo.

it's very possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)