[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (73 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I was surprised to see fiorentina play like this against milan , they scored 3 goals against juve , but with milan they were like shit.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
I was surprised to see fiorentina play like this against milan , they scored 3 goals against juve , but with milan they were like shit.
The only difference was bad finishing. I don't like Fiorentina and I'd be very happy to see them in Serie B, but I can't say they didn't try - they did, the chances came but they couldn't score.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,951
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Maaan, why doesn't somebody organize a web-based pay-per-view portal for live football action?
    It's been tried countless times, but no one entity has the infrastructure nor broadcast rights to handle that kind of operation on their own. What you always get is something like soccerstreams where they just post links to other companies' broadcasts, and even then it's unreliable at best

UEFA.com action is a step in the right direction though.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

The only difference was bad finishing. I don't like Fiorentina and I'd be very happy to see them in Serie B, but I can't say they didn't try - they did, the chances came but they couldn't score.
    Couldnt agree more. Pazzini squandered at least 4 good chances.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It's been tried countless times, but no one entity has the infrastructure nor broadcast rights to handle that kind of operation on their own. What you always get is something like soccerstreams where they just post links to other companies' broadcasts, and even then it's unreliable at best

UEFA.com action is a step in the right direction though.
    Yeah, I've tried both, but neither is a good end product. I am ready to pay $3-$5 to watch a CL game live. And Spain/Italy too.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Wilhelmsson Linked To Inter
    5/4/2005 4:02:00 PM
    The Swedish right winger is the latest player to be added on the Nerazzurri’s wish list.
    Inter are preparing to raid Anderlecht this summer as apart from the much publicized move for Vincent Kompany, the Milan based club are also interested in bringing Christian Wilhelmsson.

The 26-year-old player has impressed the Nerazzurri scouts and Moratti is ready to fork out the money for the winger, whose contract expires in 2006 and therefore Anderlecht cannot afford to lose him on a free transfer.

--

Has there been a Swede in Inter since 'Nacka' Skoglund? :)

... Would be cool if they sign him, Serie A would fit him good.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Inter star Ivan Cordoba slapped a Milan supporter on Friday evening and Coach Roberto Mancini claims the defender was right to do so.

The ‘Corriere della Sera’ reported the incident this morning, as Colombian international Cordoba struck the young man who chanted ‘You never win’ as he walked through Milan city centre.

“If my son told me he was slapped because of that, then I’d give him another so that he’d understand it isn’t right to be so rude to complete strangers,” said Mancini in today’s Press Conference.

This incident overshadows the upturn in the Nerazzurri’s fortunes and they have been at the centre of controversy over the last couple of weeks.

Cordoba was also involved in the off the ball clash that saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic given a three-match ban, forcing him to miss Sunday’s Scudetto showdown with Milan. Juventus have made no bones about pointing the finger of blame at Cordoba for “simulating injury.”

“I spoke to Cordoba and he is a humble man who is rarely pushed to take such action, so I believe him. They were making fun of him and he reacted with a little slap.”

Mancini rushed to his player’s defence then and started his Press Conference with a statement that highlighted his increasingly angry state of mind.

“Before anyone asks me any questions, I wish to say a few things. For a couple of weeks now newspapers have been writing about events that never happened, so I wish to clarify that there was no argument between patron Massimo Moratti and President Giacinto Facchetti after our 2-1 defeat at Messina. The same applies for the supposed row I had with Adriano.”

The relationship between Inter and the Press has always been fractious, but has only deteriorated over the last few months.

“If you want respect, then you have to give it back,” continued Mancini. “I understand that it’s the favourite pastime of journalists to try and destabilise Inter, but I would at least appreciate it if they stuck to reporting true events, otherwise I’ll stop giving respect as well.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)