[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (80 Viewers)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
any1 saw the marchionni goal vs Lazio 2oday??

simply the best goal till nw in the serie a

gr8 sidekick from a corner :)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
After round 7:

JUVE 19
Lecce 14
Milan 14

WE R UNBEATABLE!

lets crush Roma next thursday in the delle alpi ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think even more promising for us: in a game like today's derby, the Milan of last season would have found some way to pull a win out of a hat with 10 minutes remaining ... probably with a chance goal by Pancaro or some other unheralded player.

The Milan of this season sometimes -- just sometimes -- can't find that extra push when they need it. The result: a draw.

Thus far this season, we're getting windows of opportunity from the competition. Now all we have to do is keep putting away the points when we need them! :thumb:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Milan: Juve won derby
Monday 25 October, 2004

Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi and star man Kaka insist that Juventus were the real winners of the San Siro derby.

The Milan clubs played out a 0-0 draw that allowed the Turin giants to increase their lead over Milan and Inter to five and eight points respectively.

"It was a good game, with a high content of technical ability," stated the Italian Prime Minister.

"Inter played some good football and have some dangerous attackers but we were good enough to stop them.

"Milan looked good even if it is a real shame that both sides gifted Juventus two more points."

The creative Kaka (pictured), who got four Inter players booked for fouls on him, mirrored Berlusconi’s view.

"I think that Juventus won tonight," said the Brazilian who impressed in the game. "They have a five point lead which is already quite a lot even if the season is a long one.

"Now we will just have to start picking up wins and hope that they start to drop some points in an effort to catch them."

Captain Paolo Maldini also recognised the Old Lady’s impressive start to the campaign but he insists it is not all over just yet.

"Juventus have begun the season in a very strong fashion but the campaign is a long one," he stated.

"I really don’t understand why we should be worried about their advantage at this moment in time."

=====

Player of the Week: Del Piero (Juventus)

There were some who believed Alessandro Del Piero was finished. He even may have thought it himself at times but he proved in Week 7 that he still has something to offer Juventus. He may not be the great champion that he once was but Alex still has the ability to be an important player for both club and country.

Del Piero hasn’t had the greatest start to the new season. After deluding for much of the last campaign due to various physical problems, he recently spent two weeks on the treatment table in a bid to resolve an Achilles tendon issue. His return to action against Bayern Munich was poor yet we saw a new player at Siena on Saturday.

Although his two goals were not the most technically difficult, it was his overall performance which pleased his many fans. They had not seen the No 10 in that sort of form for some considerable time. He was lively, full of initiative and even remembered how to dribble past opponents.

This is the Del Piero that Juventus hoped would turn up in 2004-05, especially after the sale of Fabrizio Miccoli to Fiorentina. The latter also had an excellent weekend as his double helped the Viola to a 2-2 draw at Udinese. The pint-sized attacker was easily the best player on the pitch, with his second goal simply extraordinary. Can national boss Marcello Lippi really afford to ignore him in the future?

The biggest game of Week 7 was the Milan derby – which was coincidentally also somehow won by Juventus. There may have been no goals at the San Siro but there were a host of classy individual performances. Alessandro Nesta was simply sublime in his battle against Adriano, Andrea Pirlo shined, while Kaka caused havoc with some trademark close control and turn of speed.

But credit must also go to Inter and boss Roberto Mancini whose faith in 37-year-old ‘keeper Alberto Fontana has been rewarded. He made some expert stops which only compounds the misery on first choice Francesco Toldo, a player who may have to get used to the bench this term for a little longer.

Elsewhere and Parma got their first win thanks to special strikes from Marco Marchionni and Alberto Gilardino. The latter’s chest control and volley was good but Marchionni’s scissor-kick was even better. Those two men were the Tardini’s best players even if Domenico Morfeo again illustrated just how important an element he is.

Roma were held by a solid Palermo side even if both Francesco Totti and Vincenzo Montella did everything in their power to collect the three points. Totti led by example and his free-kick, which struck the inside of both posts, was unbelievably unfortunate.

A number of players with the smaller clubs deserve praise for their efforts too. The young Riccardo Montolivo of Atalanta, Brescia ‘keeper Luca Castellazzi, Lecce’s Sasa Bjelanovic and Udinese veteran Nestor Sensini all caught the eye.

But Week 7 belonged to Juventus. Never before, since the introduction of three points for a win, have a side had such a lead at the top of the table after just seven games. The Bianconeri may have struggled for a while in Tuscany but the skill of Del Piero, plus the grand performances of Jonathan Zebina, Stephen Appiah and Emerson, still saw them collect another victory. Will anyone catch them?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Ok since we the Milan derby has ended in a draw, that doesn't mean we must be complacent. In fact we should perform our best to beat Roma this Thursday.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
of caurse.

now,in one hand the stress is bigger cause we need to prove once again we are the strongest
but in the other hand we are not THAT stressed,because even in case of a draw-or in the worst scenario,in case they beat us,we are still the first one

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm sure everybody in here is afraid of the 1st defeat by Roma.

Hope Juve will go all out on Thursday night and show Roma who is boss.

And kick Totti's ass at the same time.

Forze Juve!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
of caurse we are afraid,i am afraid.

but i am as afraid i was as the last time roma fvcked us with 4-0.
now it's more anxiety,i am more worried than afraid,because now there is a big possibility we'll win.

on the other match against roma,i was sure we would lose,that's why i was terrifyed,not just afraid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)