[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Inter to open Serie A
Monday 30 August, 2004

The new Serie A campaign will kick-off with the Stadio Bentegodi clash between Chievo and Inter.

The Week 1 Verona match will be played on Saturday 11 September at 18.00 hours local time.

City rivals Milan will next be in action, as the champions will play newly-promoted Livorno later that same evening at 20.30.

The last game to be played in the opening weekend will be on Sunday evening as Sampdoria entertain Lazio.

china man

Sep 6, 2004
The new season is about to begin and Carlo Ancelotti believes that AC Milan can win every competition this time.
"I told Galliani the other day that if we play at out best we are unstoppable and we can win everything," he said. "We haven't had a fantastic pre-season but that is because when you play friendlies for two months you never go on the pitch with the right frame of mind. The only official match was against Lazio and the players reacted very well".

"Kakà isn't on top form yet but that is because this is the first time that he works so hard during the pre-season and he isn't used to it," he added. "Crespo still isn't fit either but by the end of the week the team should be ready to go".

what do u guys think about this article???taken from goal.com

china man

Sep 6, 2004
Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo is convinced that this season will be a good one for the nerazzurri because this is the most competitive team that he has ever played for.
"We have many great players and we can do well in all the competitions," he said. "We'll be an attacking team and with Adriano up front it will be very difficult for all our opponents to stop him".

"I'll think about keeping the balls out of the goal even if it will be harder without Cannavaro," he added. "He is a big friend of mine and I'm upset that he changed team but I'm sure that he will do well because he still has many good seasons in him. The club made a decision and I have to respect it".

what u guys think about it ???taken from goal.com

china man

Sep 6, 2004
Inter boss Roberto Mancini has warned city rivals Milan that they will find it tough to retain their League title.

"Inter are on the same level as Milan," he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper. "The difference between us and them is that we have changed a lot while Milan haven’t.

"I’m certain that Juventus, who have also changed their Coach like us, will have something to say too in the new campaign."

Although many expect the Scudetto chase to be a three-horse race, Mancio is also keeping a close eye on Roma – despite the shock resignation of tactician Cesare Prandelli.

"They have bought some very interesting youngsters and now have an excellent squad," he added.

Yet the Sampdoria legend is more than satisfied with his own squad, especially given his attacking options.

But can strikers Adriano and Christian Vieri co-exist? "I believe that they can even if they are very similar," he added.

"Christian will be of great use to us even if he is still a little late with regards to his fitness right now.

"But I have a lot of solutions available to me such as Obafemi Martins and Alvaro Recoba."

Mancio also expects new boy Juan Veron to get back to his best after three difficult years in the Premiership.

"The Argentine is very important for us because he gives us some fantasy in the midfield," he added.

"However, we can happily play with Cristiano Zanetti and Edgar Davids in the centre without changing our system."

any comment guys???taken from channel 4

china man

Sep 6, 2004
Andrea Pirlo insists that his Milan side will be the team to beat at both home and abroad this season.

"It is only right that we are considered as the favourites in Serie A and the Champions’ League," he stated.

"We are the side that everybody will be looking to defeat because we have strengthened the team after two great campaigns already."

He added: "We know that it will be difficult for us to win because of the competition from Juventus, Inter and Real Madrid.

"The pressure? It won’t be a problem for us because we have already shown in the past that we can handle difficult situations."

The Rossoneri convincingly won the League last season but Pirlo knows it will be a tough ask to retain their crown.

"Our biggest rivals are Juventus, Inter and Roma," he noted. "There is no doubt that Juve are a better side with the acquisitions of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabio Cannavaro.

"In Europe I fear Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid in particular. But before meeting them we must get through our group which is difficult."

The Milan giants have been drawn in Group F with Barcelona, Celtic and Shaktar Donetsk.

olympic heroes speak!!!!!what u guys think about this article??

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by china man ] ++
Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo is convinced that this season will be a good one for the nerazzurri because this is the most competitive team that he has ever played for.
"We have many great players and we can do well in all the competitions," he said. "We'll be an attacking team and with Adriano up front it will be very difficult for all our opponents to stop him".

"I'll think about keeping the balls out of the goal even if it will be harder without Cannavaro," he added. "He is a big friend of mine and I'm upset that he changed team but I'm sure that he will do well because he still has many good seasons in him. The club made a decision and I have to respect it".

what u guys think about it ???taken from goal.com
How many time have Inter players said similar things:dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)