Israeli-Palestinian conflict (65 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It’s pretty common knowledge that Hamas/PIJ been storing ammo at hospitals/etc. so a chunk of rocket could definitely cause a much more massive explosion.

Anyways. I want to see some solid evidence either way. I’m still leaning towards an Israeli strike, but I’m going to wait and see what comes out.
The explosion of ammo would take long seconds if not minutes to detonate. Not some big deafening singular kaboom.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ya know that was a fake account that posted that, right? :shifty:

Late Tuesday, a fake account on X — formerly known as Twitter — purporting to be the Israeli army tweeted in Arabic that the army was taking blame for the hospital attack.
The tweet got more than a million views — a massive number in a country with a population of about 9 million.
The tweet said: “Due to the lack of medical equipment and the lack of medical staff, it was decided to bomb the Baptist Hospital in Gaza and give them euthanasia death.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/17/israel-hamas-war-news-gaza/

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If this is actual video of the strike on the hospital, and not some fake, then all we would need is a large munitions expert to confirm what it is.

https://x.com/jason_paladino/status/1714386621834158137?s=46&t=44zFspkwtn4Oth1i9vk6Xg

It’s also totally possible that they waited for a series of rocket launches to make a strike on the hospital, or whatever defense mechanism shot a missile in the direction of the rockets, inadvertently causing the strike. But yeah, that explosion doesn’t seem likely to be the result of just a malfunctioning Hamas rocket.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If this is actual video of the strike on the hospital, and not some fake, then all we would need is a large munitions expert to confirm what it is.

https://x.com/jason_paladino/status/1714386621834158137?s=46&t=44zFspkwtn4Oth1i9vk6Xg

It’s also totally possible that they waited for a series of rocket launches to make a strike on the hospital, or whatever defense mechanism shot a missile in the direction of the rockets, inadvertently causing the strike. But yeah, that explosion doesn’t seem likely to be the result of just a malfunctioning Hamas rocket.
I’m sure we shall get more info on it over the next couple days. Israel would need irrefutable evidence proving it wasn’t their strike. If there isn’t solid evidence either way, it’s gonna be laid at their feet, and should be.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I’m sure we shall get more info on it over the next couple days. Israel would need irrefutable evidence proving it wasn’t their strike. If there isn’t solid evidence either way, it’s gonna be laid at their feet, and should be.
Here's another close up of a JDAM strike from several years ago.

https://www.military.com/video/oper...e-up-view-of-2000lb-jdam-strike/3744533948001

Sounds very similar. Doesn't sound like a malfunctioning rocket. But I'm definitely no expert.

It's just all too strange, starting with the attack over a week ago.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The fallout from this in the west better be enormous.

There are certain events that you see unfold and get the feeling that it changes things, I hope this is it for the better.
I am extremely pessimistic. I think it deals a serious blow to trust in democratic institutions, international law, the mainstream media and the US-led world order more broadly. The kind of damage the Iraq war did but this time compounded, and after the damage to trust during covid/lockdowns/vaccine mandates.

I also expect a massive increase in anti-semitism and anti-arab racism. This conflict will provide plenty of examples that to the crazies will "validate" the worst tropes. Wouldnt be surprised if we see an uptick in hate crimes and terrorism intermixed with mistrust in institutions.

If the US doesnt show true leadership and doesnt reign back or hold Israel accountable at all (and they probably won't)... this will severely undermine the legitimacy of the entire system for so many people within the West itself.

Another question is what does this do to the election if Biden is seen as complicit or as weak/unable to reign in a wild Isreal by a large part of his own base? Does this help or harm Trump? I am curious what Trump's criticism of Biden about his handling of this will look like. You can ask that question about many leaders with upcoming elections

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I am extremely pessimistic. I think it deals a serious blow to trust in democratic institutions, international law, the mainstream media and the US-led world order more broadly. The kind of damage the Iraq war did but this time compounded, and after the damage to trust during covid/lockdowns/vaccine mandates.

I also expect a massive increase in anti-semitism and anti-arab racism. This conflict will provide plenty of examples that to the crazies will "validate" the worst tropes. Wouldnt be surprised if we see an uptick in hate crimes and terrorism intermixed with mistrust in institutions.

If the US doesnt show true leadership and doesnt reign back or hold Israel accountable at all (and they probably won't)... this will severely undermine the legitimacy of the entire system for so many people within the West itself.

Another question is what does this do to the election if Biden is seen as complicit or as weak/unable to reign in a wild Isreal by a large part of his own base? Does this help or harm Trump? I am curious what Trump's criticism of Biden about his handling of this will look like. You can ask that question about many leaders with upcoming elections
Biden won’t be affected by this. The west just doesn’t care enough about Palestine tbh.

you have people in the US getting canceled for showing support to Palestine, also in Germany for example with that footie player from Mainz.

Netanyahu can keep bombing Gaza and get away with it, people will find ways to excuse it. Main thing that can cause a reaction will be the pushback from the other Middle East countries but I don’t see it happening. Too much money on stake, and for what? A small neighborhood with 2 million people. Just gonna be like china with the Uyghurs. Palestinians will keep getting decimated and the world will forget soon enough.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
@ßöмßäяðîëя

I demand an apology

- - - Updated - - -

You are off your rails. Maybe it was our fault, but If you think an Israeli with a finger on a trigger, aiming at the hospital, sat there and just waited for a cover to blowup an hospital then something is wrong here.

DDehumanizing works both ways.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
To those who said that Hamas failed missile couldn't do such damages to a building , did they take into account that Hamas could be have extra amounition in/on said building to lunch extra attacks against Israel?
Gonna be interesting if this turns out to be true.

I mean they do like to keep their meat shields close.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
To those who said that Hamas failed missile couldn't do such damages to a building , did they take into account that Hamas could be have extra amounition in/on said building to lunch extra attacks against Israel?
Gonna be interesting if this turns out to be true.

I mean they do like to keep their meat shields close.
Wouldn't there be multiple explosions if that happened ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
how miserable is your life that you have to turn a blind eye to every atrocity orchestrated by jews?
Turk, I'm going to ask you an honest question.

You are not capable of having a nuanced view on something as mundane as the manager of a football club. You go completely off the rails when posting about it and you see conspiracies everywhere. You believe the manager of our football club is deliberately destroying his own team and burning all money we have in the process.

Do you really believe you possess the necessary skills to examine the intricacies of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I don't disagree, I think its pathetic and weak. My point still stands though.

Palestinian are playing the propaganda game just as well, theirs much better at targeting current generation. It's evident in this thread and it's a lost battle. You should see the pro-palastinian propaganda in russian.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point

- - - Updated - - -

Try and watch Mahmud abbas's or other Palestinian official's speechs in English vs their speechs in Arabic.

Same game, same shit.
Very true.

There's a high level of propaganda on both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)