Israeli-Palestinian conflict (21 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What seems for me to be the main crux of the problem is that a lot of Palestinians (minority, but very vocal minority) have already been sufficiently radicalized to exploit any more freedom they get to harm Israel, with the end game of completely destroy the state if not Jews in general. The radicalization is of course to a large part due to the actions of Israel, but that is simply the situation right now.

I still think that there's a very sensible argument to be made in favour of radical liberalization of Israel's policies, and in the long run it's imo the only option to achieve peace, but such actions will virtually inevitably lead to more and deadlier attacks by Hamas in the short run - and as such a policy like this will be extremely difficult for any Israeli politician to push through on a long term basis, especially seeing how the political map in the country looks even now.

This might sound harsh, but if you're a muslim in today's world, you're basically a nobody. You have no power, no strong states backing you.. The only thing you've got somewhat going on for you is oil, but that's about it. On the other hand you've got Israel who are seemingly incredible at becoming allies with everyone who does matter. That must be so frustrating that I understand where all the anger is coming from, especially when you consider all the bullshit Israel has pulled over the last few years.

Man, it's almost impossible to see an end to this.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between occupying a territory and oppressing a population with (comparatively) small civilian casualties and ethnically cleansing 1,5m+ million people. So no, not roflmao.
There is. Speed.

- - - Updated - - -

God, us Australians are such asslickers to our colonial masters and the US :sergio:
The English like their buttcracks clean.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'd disagree with this, considering the continuing palestinian population growth. (Less so than other arab populations, but its higher than the israeli population growth)

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess it's not a successful model for truly eradicating a people. And I was mostly joking. Of course there is still a difference.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:tup:

Israel has carpet bombed city's as a retalliation against an hamas rocket that made 0 casualties
They get away with ANYTHING

I can totally see them do that option 1 to show the world that Israel takes no instructions from anyone

:lol:

Israel has been ethically cleansing palestina under the disguise of 'targetting hamas' for 2+ decades

And they dont remotely care about what Palestina wants.
Please stop talking.. There is a big difference between saying Israel occupy them, doesnt give them rights and etc and saying Ethnically cleansing...
Cleansing is whats going on in Syria, what happened in the past with the Nazis.. There is zero comparison between the two
Saying things are not right, saying a country is doing wrong to another is one thing but saying they are cleansing them is another thing!
If there is cleansing there was also a war between Israel and half of the Arab nations - So above moral things even the logic say it will never happen!

I`m not writing this in order to make you think Israel is good Palestine is bad or any kind of thing - Im just stating that you can voice your opinion but please keep it rational...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think that giving some land will make peace? Just interested in your opinion

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Please stop talking.. There is a big difference between saying Israel occupy them, doesnt give them rights and etc and saying Ethnically cleansing...
Cleansing is whats going on in Syria, what happened in the past with the Nazis.. There is zero comparison between the two
Saying things are not right, saying a country is doing wrong to another is one thing but saying they are cleansing them is another thing!
If there is cleansing there was also a war between Israel and half of the Arab nations - So above moral things even the logic say it will never happen!

I`m not writing this in order to make you think Israel is good Palestine is bad or any kind of thing - Im just stating that you can voice your opinion but please keep it rational...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think that giving some land will make peace? Just interested in your opinion
Ethnic cleansing =/= genocide

There's no ethnic cleansing going on in Syria

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is very clear

Israel received a part of an existing country, without its consent, to compensate for the gruesome horror of WWII the jewish people had to endure.

They then decided to do whatever the fuck they want. Move borders several times, disobey laws and treaties and invade the gaza and build settlements.

Make absolutely retarded retalliations each time they shot something from Hamas out of the sky

Result : absolute horror and abuse of palestinian people. And they brush off anyone that wants to say a word, because you are anti-semetical if you dare oppose Israel, since all western nations are strick Nazi regimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ethnic cleansing =/= genocide

There's no ethnic cleansing going on in Syria
true, mixed em up

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Actually I'd say you didn't.

Wiki:

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory by a more powerful ethnic group, with the intent of making it ethnically homogeneous.
Genocide is the intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part.

It would be far easier to claim Israel are ethnic cleansing part of their and other territories than to say they are committing genocide. Also, let's not use the word genocide too freely. If you do, Israel will be able to defend themselves by saying it's ridiculous to accuse them of genocide (which is true) and they'll be able to get off the hook.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
My opinion is very clear

Israel received a part of an existing country, without its consent, to compensate for the gruesome horror of WWII the jewish people had to endure.

They then decided to do whatever the fuck they want. Move borders several times, disobey laws and treaties and invade the gaza and build settlements.

Make absolutely retarded retalliations each time they shot something from Hamas out of the sky

Result : absolute horror and abuse of palestinian people. And they brush off anyone that wants to say a word, because you are anti-semetical if you dare oppose Israel, since all western nations are strick Nazi regimes.

- - - Updated - - -

true, mixed em up
No you're right that's why i corrected orgut

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Actually I'd say you didn't.

Wiki:

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory by a more powerful ethnic group, with the intent of making it ethnically homogeneous.
Genocide is the intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part.

It would be far easier to claim Israel are ethnic cleansing part of their and other territories than to say they are committing genocide. Also, let's not use the word genocide too freely. If you do, Israel will be able to defend themselves by saying it's ridiculous to accuse them of genocide (which is true) and they'll be able to get off the hook.
No you're right that's why i corrected orgut
Thanks for clearing that up guys :)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
My opinion is very clear

- - - Updated - - -

true, mixed em up
Such a retarded post.

Even by your standrts

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Such a retarded post.

Even by your standrts
Actualy it's not. It's one Zach's better ones. Obviously Zach isn't very diplomatic in his phrasing, but he never is.

But it's typical when you talk to one of the parts in this conflict. Both sides are beyond deluded. Have you ever genuinely tried to understand the other part of the conflict?

Thankfully it's a minor conflict in the globalised world we live in and a conflict that has lost a lot of it's significance (hello the 70s). Who actually gives a fuck nowadays??

Most of us are just waiting for Israel to fuck up in a manner that the US can't ignore. Sadly we are several decades away from that.

[And before you call me an anti-semite. I have jewish heritage altho all my foreskin is intact :heart:]

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My opinion is very clear

- - - Updated - - -

true, mixed em up

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Actualy it's not. It's one Zach's better ones. Obviously Zach isn't very diplomatic in his phrasing, but he never is.

But it's typical when you talk to one of the parts in this conflict. Both sides are beyond deluded. Have you ever genuinely tried to understand the other part of the conflict?

Thankfully it's a minor conflict in the globalised world we live in and a conflict that has lost a lot of it's significance (hello the 70s). Who actually gives a fuck nowadays??

Most of us are just waiting for Israel to fuck up in a manner that the US can't ignore. Sadly we are several decades away from that.

[And before you call me an anti-semite. I have jewish heritage altho all my foreskin is intact :heart:]
You are way off mate.

I don't care for semantics, specially on such matters. The post he made is factually false (for someone claiming to know history :lol:) , it has nothing to do with me being deluded or my personal views on the subject. (which you just assume are deluded, a problem in itself thinking all of Israel or Palastin are one collective of people and not individuals).

Anyway regarding the post. First there was no existing country in the region, only local Arab tribes who didn't identified themselves as Palestinians at the time. Second Israel doesn't change borders on a whim, it never has and it's a ridicules claim. The only time Israel deliberately changed a border was as a part of some concession being made (Sinai peninsula for the peace with Egypt, Gaza for the peace processes with the Palestinians and some of the west bank for the peace with Jordan). All initial changes of borders anyway were caused by Arab aggression and as a result of Israel winning defensive wars ( and 90% of those territories were returned as I mentioned except for the Golan heights).

The part that actually made me angry is not even in the post I quoted, the claim that Israel Carpet bombs cities is just utterly ridicules and shows how far and blind some people can get when they pick a side

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I dont disagree with the result part of his post, thats the only true fact in there, its just the simplistic view on how we got there that is bothering me

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You are way off mate.

I don't care for semantics, specially on such matters. The post he made is factually false (for someone claiming to know history :lol:) , it has nothing to do with me being deluded or my personal views on the subject. (which you just assume are deluded, a problem in itself thinking all of Israel or Palastin are one collective of people and not individuals).

Anyway regarding the post. First there was no existing country in the region, only local Arab tribes who didn't identified themselves as Palestinians at the time. Second Israel doesn't change borders on a whim, it never has and it's a ridicules claim. The only time Israel deliberately changed a border was as a part of some concession being made (Sinai peninsula for the peace with Egypt, Gaza for the peace processes with the Palestinians and some of the west bank for the peace with Jordan). All initial changes of borders anyway were caused by Arab aggression and as a result of Israel winning defensive wars ( and 90% of those territories were returned as I mentioned except for the Golan heights).

The part that actually made me angry is not even in the post I quoted, the claim that Israel Carpet bombs cities is just utterly ridicules and shows how far and blind some people can get when they pick a side

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I dont disagree with the result part of his post, thats the only true fact in there, its just the simplistic view on how we got there that is bothering me
What you call facts is opinion shaped by israeli propaganda, thankfully actual facts still eexist such as the balfour declaration or pre israel Palestinian currency

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
My opinion is very clear

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You are way off mate.

- - - Updated - - -

You are describing yourself very well. Unintentional insight. I love it.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
What you call facts is opinion shaped by israeli propaganda, thankfully actual facts still eexist such as the balfour declaration or pre israel Palestinian currency
I still fail to see how everything I mentioned isn't an historical fact and what point you are trying to make.

There is no place for opinions whether a country exists or not, it either is or isn't and a Palestinian one didn't. The area was ruled by the Ottomans, Jordan and the Brits until 48.

It has no bearing on their deserved right for self determination but it's still a fact

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I still fail to see how everything I mentioned isn't an historical fact and what point you are trying to make.

There is no place for opinions whether a country exists or not, it either is or isn't and a Palestinian one didn't. The area was ruled by the Ottomans, Jordan and the Brits until 48.

It has no bearing on their deserved right for self determination but it's still a fact
You are aware you can put "Israel" into that argument?

So let's give the land back to the Turks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)