Israeli-Palestinian conflict (41 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
In that case it was just about every media outlet in the world reporting on a report that came from the Bush administration claiming WMDs were in Iraq. It's not like media fabricated the idea. They were given false information by a somewhat corrupt administration.
Reporting on reports is different form adopting the whole issue and act as the delivery boy

And that's exactly what the same media is doing now about the case of discussion here

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477881,00.html

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What's with this mix and match stuff? So then Dubai is what 3/4s of an Islamic state or 1/2 or what?
I think you're getting a bit confused here. An Islamic state is a country that applies the "Sharia" (From the Koran and Sunnah) as the basis for their political institution.

There is no Arab country that can be considered an Islamic state right now(Yes even Saudi Arabia), even if thats what they call themselves.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Aaron, I said that to Andries because he summed up his point and now that all his enemies are aware of his new identity it will all go down to provocations and personal insults and we all know the result of that. I said it only for his sake.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think you're getting a bit confused here. An Islamic state is a country that applies the "Sharia" (From the Koran and Sunnah) as the basis for their political institution.

There is no Arab country that can be considered an Islamic state right now(Yes even Saudi Arabia), even if thats what they call themselves.
Well then I guess one would have to rephrase and state that there are countries that have a strong Islamic influence.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Aaron, I said that to Andries because he summed up his point and now that all his enemies are aware of his new identity it will all go down to provocations and personal insults and we all know the result of that. I said it only for his sake.
At least you had good intentions then.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fix News doesn't even count as media.
But it's just a more extreme version of MSNBC and CNN. They all share the pro-Israeli bias and don't show the images that would anger more Americans about what they're doing.

I think people should watch BBC News and Al Jazeera English, then decipher the difference between other media sources and ours. Fact of the matter is I can't get a handle of the situation by watching our own media. Hell, that goes for probably any situation that isn't happening in the US.

Dec 26, 2004
Nearly a 1800 post and more than 900 murdered Palestinian.

Just imagine how another human being is murdered by Israeli savagery within each time frame of two posts... can't tell which counter will keep on counting longer... blood or bla bla.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
The Jews were there first. It is absolutely certain that it was Jewish in the ancient, Roman times. They're not the ones ignoring history. I don't know why people keep on doing this, but there have been Jews in Israel throughout history. But if only recent years count, why arbitrarily stop in 1948? We could stop in 2005 as well. That way one could argue that the Jews have been there for over 50 years, so the land must be theirs.
This sort of thinking leads countries to war and that's why the UN was created. So politicians don't think like this. Why stop in 1948 or 2005 ? Maybe because UN was created so we can all live in peace without breaking human rights laws that have been placed by the UN. Seven, I don't think you're understanding what "Someone" is saying. If we all don't believe in the UN and use this idea of yours, then pretty much yes, the whole world will be in chaos and you will be breaking nearly every law that the UN has put. Which clearly Israel doesn't give a shit.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
But it's just a more extreme version of MSNBC and CNN. They all share the pro-Israeli bias and don't show the images that would anger more Americans about what they're doing.

I think people should watch BBC News and Al Jazeera English, then decipher the difference between other media sources and ours. Fact of the matter is I can't get a handle of the situation by watching our own media. Hell, that goes for probably any situation that isn't happening in the US.
BBC is better than all of them. Al Jazeera is just from a non-Western perspective, which is good to have but I wouldn't consider it less biased than it's wester counterparts. Reuters is good. CNN International isn't too bad either. MSNBC is good for domestic coverage and they have the best evening talk shows, but they don't cover much outside of the US very well.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,839
    THE UN! The biggest and most important international organisation in the world.
    The UN is the most objective organisation in international politics
    We once had a whole thread once denying this idiocy.

I said there are many interpretations of Islam and that they are all islamic. Different thing. Of course you are systematically corrupted by the West. We imposed human rights on you.
    Yeah, your human rights were imposed perfectly in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine so far. Guantanamu and Abu Ghraib are perfect examples.

I'd have to agree. As much as Rebel has tried(I thank him for that) to keep this thread as an informational outlet, it has become, at times, a huge vat of hate.
    Thanks, man. I'll try to keep it for information.

Basically, you have an opinion a lot of people have a problem with. You argue so well that they get frustrated because it's not something a lot of people want to hear no matter how sound your logic is.
    He doesn't argue so well. He repeated 500 times in this thread the same idea: that Muslims don't have the right to condemn the Israeli massacres because they do worse than Israel. Should I defend the Arab regimes to deny his idea?? No, we don't speak here about Arab regimes or Iran condemning the Israeli massacres. Hell, they even particpate now in the massacre. We only speak about the tragedies of the people in Gaza.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,840
    What? you are crying?
    Your father has died,
    And so has your brother?
    And you have been listed
    in the procession of refugees?
    Crying?
    Get up and let us
    tighten our pride
    on the playground of dignity
    I am your father and brother,
    grew up on the agony of refugees
    and silenced the wailing on my side
    Get up and let us
    tighten our pride
    on the playground of dignity
    I am the comrade in the
    strange conflict,
    the comrade of
    the beloved garb
    I worry about you
    I worry about suffering,
    I worry about eulogy
    killing the traces of pride
    and bloodying in your chest
    the meaning of sacrifice
    And existence gets sweeter,
    and you stay in loss
    in the procession of refugees

By Kamal Nasser, the Palestinian poet who was killed on 1972 by Ihud Barak, the same current defense minister in Israel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 36)