Israeli-Palestinian conflict (13 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You don't know the whole story Gamaro, for all you know, those Lebanese children may have thrown stones at Israeli's. Which apparently is a good enough reason to hurt children these days.
Look at the video again and the last guy who throws a rock. Does he look like a kid to you?
I counted 6 people throwing rocks at that car from zero range. It's stunning how you claim to know what will you do in such situation. And that's only judging from the short video, without knowing if the car was attacked down the road or was kept being attacked even after the events from the video.

Anyway, as Martin said, things don't change and won't any time soon. It's pretty clear that in reversed roles the guy who put the video on youtube would have blamed the terrorist driver for hitting two Israeli kids while Turk and you would have called the Israeli kids "little terrorists". It's understandable why, but emotions play huge role there and it's hard to try to look at it from a neutral point when you know that the two parties only see it as with us or against us.

And to answer your question above, I feel offended that you imply how Martin and I won't show the same compassion if the roles are reversed. Me finding the question offensive is your answer.

:tdown:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,928
    Also, I don't find acceptable the answer : "He shouldn't be there at first place".
    Well, he's there and that doesn't mean that it's justified to try to hurt him.
    Ok. Let me ask you a question. During the Croatia-Bosnia-Serbia war, imagine a Serb neighborhood that Croatians dare not go into because they know they will be considered intruders and will be fought until the end. Would you enter that neighborhood and seize one of the houses in it and expect everybody there to accept your existence?

One more question: Inside a residential neighborhood, what do you think you will find?? Serb soldiers or children?

Apr 12, 2004
    Ok. Let me ask you a question. During the Croatia-Bosnia-Serbia war, imagine a Serb neighborhood that Croatians dare not go into because they know they will be considered intruders and will be fought until the end. Would you enter that neighborhood and seize one of the houses in it and expect everybody there to accept your existence?

One more question: Inside a residential neighborhood, what do you think you will find?? Serb soldiers or children?
    In your question, who gets their thumbs cut off and who gets raped to cast out the other religious/ethnic group?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,930
    ßöмßäяðîëя;2722320 said:
    In your question, who gets their thumbs cut off and who gets raped to cast out the other religious/ethnic group?
    Sorry?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Let me get this straight, Seven, Burke and co?

When an Israeli hits Palestinian children with his car, you blame the children for not getting out of the way, and you put no blame on the Israeli. But when a Hamas missile injures Israeli civilians, Hamas are terrorists?
    If American kids did the same exact thing and got run over I'd not hesitate to point out their idiocy.

Since it's Palestinian kids I tend to forgive them this and assume they made a poor decision based on the stress of their everyday lives.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Look at the video again and the last guy who throws a rock. Does he look like a kid to you?
    I counted 6 people throwing rocks at that car from zero range. It's stunning how you claim to know what will you do in such situation. And that's only judging from the short video, without knowing if the car was attacked down the road or was kept being attacked even after the events from the video.

Anyway, as Martin said, things don't change and won't any time soon. It's pretty clear that in reversed roles the guy who put the video on youtube would have blamed the terrorist driver for hitting two Israeli kids while Turk and you would have called the Israeli kids "little terrorists". It's understandable why, but emotions play huge role there and it's hard to try to look at it from a neutral point when you know that the two parties only see it as with us or against us.

And to answer your question above, I feel offended that you imply how Martin and I won't show the same compassion if the roles are reversed. Me finding the question offensive is your answer.

:tdown:

I know that i won't run people over, thats for sure. If my life is not in immediate danger, i will never see myself running someone over with a car, not least two kids.

What i would have done, was get out of there as fast as i could. I don't like putting myself in that guys place though, because i'd like to think i'd never do something that will make people treat me like that.

and i'm sorry if i offended you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Not on topic but not much off topic either....

An ex-Croatian football player, Igor Štimac (played in the EPL and was a starter for Croatia in 1998 WC) was in Israel yesterday with the ultras to follow the euro 2012 qualifier between Israel and Croatia.
    He wrote about his impressions in a Croatian newspaper and here are some of the things he said:

"...After we passed the Palestinian border i.e the wall that separates Palestine and Israel, we had to go shopping and pay the so called "ecological tax", because the only income that Palestine gets is the one from tourism.
    In Palestine we were welcomed warmly with smiles and cordiality.

...We went back hungry to Israel and we decided not to take a walk through Jerusalem. We went back to the hotel. After a short rest, around 8 p.m we went to a restaurant that was reserved for the Croatian fans. The hosts, Arabs, did everything possible to make us feel like home - they put croatian flags on the walls and posters of our national team.

...In Israel the day ends with the sunset and since it was Friday, the start of Shabbat, and the Jews are in their homes, we didn't see any Jews on the streets. All their shops and restaurants were closed. That's why only the Arabs work on Friday nights.
    In the Arab restaurant the atmosphere was great. We sang all night long, songs from...

.... However, we completed our pilgrimage with bad memories, unpleasantly surprised from the profanity we witnessed on Jesus' tomb. On the entrance of the tomb there is a huge line and the guards are charging 25 eur if you want them to sneak you in without waiting."

http://www.jutarnji.hr/igor-stimac-s-reprezentacijom-u-izraelu-i-palestini/893641/

-----------

Croatia won in Israel yesterday, but it wasn't a pleasant experience for Ivica Olic. Ben Haim broke his nose :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,938
    From Getty Images today:

Jewish settlers remove the contents of a Palestinian home in Jerusalem's Old City on October 10, 2010. The Palestinian Qarsh family who has lived there for the past 70 years was ordered to leave their home by the Israeli courts following a long legal battle between them and the Jewish settlers who say they bought the building from its owners, another Palestinian family who emigrated to the United States decades ago.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,939
    From Reuters:

France's Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner (L) and his Spanish counterpart Miguel Angel Moratinos (R) stand with Noam Shalit inside a protest tent, calling for the release of his son, captive Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, in Jerusalem October 10, 2010. Gilad Shalit was captured by Palestinian militants who tunnelled from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel in June 2006.

France & Spain. Two gay countries that still think they have an impact in the world. They forgot that there are more than 7000 Palestinian prisoners including children and women.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,940
    From Reuters & Getty Images:

An Israeli right-winger throws a shoe at an image of US President Barack Obama in protest at US pressure to halt the building of Jewish settlements during a protest outside the American embassy in Tel Aviv on October 11, 2010.

A poster of U.S. President Barack Obama is seen after eggs were thrown at it during an Israeli right wing protest, which was attended by a few dozen people, against his policy towards Israel opposite the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv October 11, 2010.

:lol:

The idiot deserves that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)