Israeli-Palestinian conflict (35 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I'm actually finding myself in support of the one state "fuck off Israel" solution.

We should cut all ties to Israel and pay folks like Senator Joseph Lieberman to emigrate to his promised land so that we can start ridding ourselves of this useless base of politicians we've been plagued with since JFK. Then we can move onto the likes of John McCain, a true fraudster and proponent of outright theft.
:tup:

Seriously though, How can this Lieberman guy be in such a high profile political position when he clearly has no intention what so ever to make any effort for the well being of the American state or the American people and having another country's agenda that is in fact contradicting that of the nation he's supposed to serve?

Plain retarded.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:tup:

Seriously though, How can this Lieberman guy be in such a high profile political position when he clearly has no intention what so ever to make any effort for the well being of the American state or the American people and having another country's agenda that is in fact contradicting that of the nation he's supposed to serve?

Plain retarded.
I don't really know what his overall agendas are, but all of his foreign policy consists of leechfucking for Israel. At the very least I can assure you he doesn't care about American troops as he has supported the Iraq and Afghanistan wars wholeheartedly during his career.

But very few politicians would have agreed to these wars if it meant that their sons or daughters would be in harms way of insurgents or Iraqi Republican Guard. As I said hungover during brunch this morning, Bush and Obama can send their family members over to fight these useless wars based on nothing if they really care about American lives. I love the irony in all this propaganda. These fuckers don't care about the middle class or the average American, and that's mostly what I care about.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Are you really against the war in Afghanistan, Andy? If so, don't you think Al-Qaeda would regain their previous strength there and return to the same old train camps and anti-America bombings? Don't you think with the current state of things your country can't handle a blow like that of 11 Sep and that such a strike would be devastating on so many levels? Are you willing to take your chances when so much is on stake?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Are you really against the war in Afghanistan, Andy? If so, don't you think Al-Qaeda would regain their previous strength there and return to the same old train camps and anti-America bombings? Don't you think with the current state of things your country can't handle a blow like that of 11 Sep and that such a strike would be devastating on so many levels? Are you willing to take your chances when so much is on stake?
But such an interpretation of the theory would be like me waging war on locals who are Christian Conservative, Pro-Israel Pennsylvanians.

Just like our government did to Afghanistan, I would infiltrate certain communities with Christian folk who might not agree with everything the Republicans are doing, yet I would use force to weed out those I consider "possible suspects." Sooner or later, those that might have sympathy for my beliefs will consider my presence a burden to their own lives. This is what's happening in Afghanistan, as admitted by several intelligence experts, including Bob Baer. The Afghani people are starting to side with the Taliban and perhaps Al Qaeda because they do not like occupation. Therefore, we create more enemies.

I'm sure some hate us because we are Americans; that is pretty obvious stuff, even seen from certain Europeans. But most hate us for occupation and foreign policy. We need to stop this death spiral before it causes further conflict. Al Qaeda, whatever its goals or funding, will only garner more support through Predator Drone attacks and civilian deaths.

The best method of taking out terror groups is through silent intelligence, not outright invasion. Everyone knows this, but the leaders don't accept it. Why? Because there is more to the story than just Iraqi Freedom.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I hear you man, I do. But to say that a few strikes every month here and there on the Afghani and Pakistani borders would get the dirty job done is a a big underestimation with the way these guys operate and has been operating for a quarter of a century now.

They are well organized and their organization doesn't depend on a soled or a group of leaders but rather every cell has a leader and those operate to serve the purpose of the group without following certain orders coming day in day out but when those are thrown their way they're followed to the last full stop. Hell even with the present occupying troops from all over the world, Taliban and Qaeda still carried many heavyweight attacks in Afghanistan while the latter made their intentions clear in the last year with those planned air hijacking and time square bombing but failing ones.

Just think what are they capable of doing if they're granted free roaming in those two countries and think of those training camps you'll see on every T.V station once again that you'll remember the name of everyone of them in no time.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,809
    Whatever his plans are, be it a good or bad plans for Palestine, non-Palestinians shouldn't judge him specially that the Palestinian-Israeli case is very complicated. At least that's the way I see it.

I believe and this is not directed at Fred but in general, no one has the right to judge a leader/president if he's not affecting other people's nation/country.

The moment Lebanon for example is influenced by Abbas policy or choices then I have the right to judge him saying whether he's a good man or one fuck like Fred just called him. But if he brings me no harm or whatsoever, I let the choice for Palestinians to decide and judge as they're aware and more knowledgeable than me on this issue.
    Well, Rab. Abbas's policy harms your country so much as he wants to give more excuses and time for Israel to keep occupying Palestine, and consequently keeping the refugees problem in Lebanon going on for ever, so if I were you, I would definitely oppose him and his corrupt gang.

Are any of you pro two state solution?
    We used to when we thought Israelis are serious. The Palestinian people will not fall to that mirage solution for another 20 years. Israelis just want time and cover to implement their agendas, and these negotiations are the best cover they would dream of.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    So whether those people are the ones being oppressed and are on the right side of the battle has nothing to do with how you judge them but rather if your regime supports them or not?

With all due respect Hoori but that's just nonsense.
    I already mentioned what groups/governments Iranian regime supports. And that was about it. So who do you mean by the bold part?

Will you be celebrating Eid then?
    Yes. That's almost the last day of my summer holidays :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,811
    Le Monde report: Israel has one of world's largest 'eavesdropping' intel bases

The base, near Kibbutz Urim, is central to the activities of the main Israel Defense Forces signals intelligence unit, 8200, according to report in Le Monde Diplomatique.

Israel has one of the largest signals intelligence (SIGINT) bases in the world in the western Negev, Le Monde Diplomatique reported. The base, near Kibbutz Urim, is central to the activities of the main Israel Defense Forces signals intelligence unit, 8200, the report says.

According to the report, the base has 30 antennas and satellite dishes of different sizes and types, capable of eavesdropping on telephone calls and accessing the e-mail of "governments, international organizations, foreign companies, political groups and individuals."

One of the base's main purposes is to listen to transmissions from ships passing in the Mediterranean, the report says. The base is also the center of intelligence activity that "taps underwater communication cables, mostly in the Mediterranean, connecting Israel with Europe."

The data collected at the Negev site is relayed for processing to a 8200 base near Herzliya, the paper says. Other reports say 8200's base is near the Mossad headquarters, which receives the intelligence along with IDF units, the paper says.

The report quotes a former soldier in 8200 who said her job was to intercept telephone calls and e-mails in English and French.

"It was very interesting work, which centered on locating and identifying the 'gems' out of routine communications," she said.

The report says that the base's antennas can be identified if you go to the right websites. The antennas there are lined up in rows, it says.

The author of the article, Nick Hager, is a New Zealand investigative reporter specializing in intelligence and technology related stories involving signals intelligence. In 1996 he wrote a book on the role of New Zealand in international intelligence gathering, and discussed cooperation between New Zealand, the U.S., Britain, Australia and Canada.

Le Monde Diplomatique repeats assessments in Israeli and foreign media about 8200's contribution to Israel's intelligence capabilities.

The unit has several bases, and is described as being the main body for signals intelligence collection in Israel, according to the report and other foreign media. Besides SIGINT, which involves communications, it also deals in ELINT, collecting signals from various electronic sources, including radar.

There are also 8200 units specializing in code breaking.

The unit's great, known successes include the interception of a telephone call between Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser and King Hussein of Jordan during the first day of the Six-Day War, and the interception of the telephone call between Yasser Arafat and the terrorist group that hijacked the Achille Lauro cruise ship in the Mediterranean in 1985.

Hager compares the Urim base's capabilities to those of the U.S. National Security Agency, Britain's Government Communications Headquarters and a similar organization in France.

"However, there is one difference," he says at the end of the report. While those units were uncovered long ago, "the unit at Urim remained unknown until this report."

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=520_1283663689

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I already mentioned what groups/governments Iranian regime supports. And that was about it. So who do you mean by the bold part?
    I was talking in general about you hating the guts of every group/government your regime supports even if they're the ones who are in fact on the right side hence I cut down some of the first quote :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I was talking in general about you hating the guts of every group/government your regime supports even if they're the ones who are in fact on the right side hence I cut down some of the first quote :D
    I didn't say I hated them but I'm against them. There must be something wrong, very wrong, about them if they are supported by Iranian regime :D

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Im curious to know what you think of Hamas, Hoori. I don't think I've ever read exactly why you're :gsol: against them :gsol:

:p

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,815
    Russia, Israel mull laser technology deal

Russia and Israel are considering the possibility of equipping Israeli aircraft with Russian laser technology, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Monday.
    Speaking during a meeting with Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak in Sochi, Putin lauded Russia-Israel cooperation, including in the military sector.
    "We have viable projects in the area of military and transport aviation," Putin said. "We bought several drones from Israel and launched several satellites in Israel's interests."
    Russia and Israel are currently negotiating the establishment of a joint venture to produce drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), worth an estimated $300 million.
    "We are considering the possibility of equipping Israeli aircraft with our devices - space technology and laser technology," the premier said.
    He said the possible deployment in Israel of a Russian laser station, part of the Glonass navigation satellite system, was also on the table.
    Trade turnover between Russia and Israel has neared "pre-crisis level," Putin said, adding that bilateral cooperation in the fight against terrorism has also been growing.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20100906/160488444.html

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,818
    From Associated Press:

Bedouins rebuild a structure after it was demolished by Israeli authorities in the El Araqib village in southern Israel, Monday, Sept. 13, 2010. For the forth time on Monday, Israeli authorities demolished the Bedouin village built on land residents identify as their property but which Israel's government says is owned by the state.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Mark Regev: "The Bedouins' structures were being used as human shields. It is their fault for their broken structures we demolished, we are very sorry but they destroyed their own villages by building them."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)